Help for marriage proposal

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Help for marriage proposal - Page 3 Empty Re: Help for marriage proposal

Post by edale Sat 22 May 2021 - 16:51

OK, few updates; but first, script corrections:

In the King's speech: oefrebe -> goldsmith.

I didn't think much of oefrebe (Spanish for goldsmith) being used at first, as Oscar and Yese are native Spanish speakers, but I just noticed earlier in the speech the King used the term 'goldsmith', so the oefrebe needs to be changed to goldsmith for consistency.

Triforce section:

"hands are friendship" -> "the hands stand for friendship"

Because my inner grammar nazi winces ever time I see that.

And now for your regularly scheduled updates:

Duplicating track 2 (overworld) to tracks 3, 5, & 7 takes care of the PCM not playing at the start, and all but one of the cases of different songs playing if you backtrack.

Duplicating track 20 (church) to track 24 takes care of the last case of a wrong track playing if you backtrack.

I also edited track 20 slightly, so the beginning isn't so quiet.

I had already grabbed several of the PCM sets to replace the SPC tracks that Oscar didn't elect for new music on, but your suggestion of the ALBW set saved me having to go through all of them to pick which versions to use; you're right the ALBW set's tracks worked quite nicely.

I'll post an updated progress video in a half hour or so, once I have one recorded and uploaded.

Last edited by edale on Sat 22 May 2021 - 17:15; edited 2 times in total

edale

Help for marriage proposal - Page 3 Image110

Since : 2017-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sat 22 May 2021 - 17:11

I really wonder why the music is so weird. I can retrace starting in kakariko instead of link's house where rain is the usual music but lost woods in the courtyard?

But well. I wait for sephs next patch version (speech autoforward, grammar,...), upon that I code that a new game will always start at the start and not in the church... And whatever else you find that cannot be adjusted via hm (alike the ending request when that becomes less cryptic to me Smile )

Edit, oh and Seph, make monologue 28 also autoadvance: Oscar, why did you bring me here? What is going on?

@Oskar:
my idea is, that you get yese recording these sentences via a trick. The fun part is when she is ingamed, too and not only you with your voice Wink just an idea though. Would this be possible and also wished by you (I need to know for the patch)?
Conn
Conn

Help for marriage proposal - Page 3 Image212

Since : 2013-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by edale Sat 22 May 2021 - 17:29

Oscar had also posted an update to the triforce section's script in this post:
https://www.zeldix.net/t2292p25-help-for-marriage-proposal#38387

Here's the new progress video:

I fast-forwarded Links and the King's speech, as there's just silence there as I don't have those recordings yet (still looking for a King VA, I honestly thought they'd jump in to help this project as fast as we did, lol).

I also fast-forwarded the credits, as there's nothing new there, but put it back on regular speed once the final screen shows up and kept it recording until a bit after the loop. (I figure Oscar and Yese will be a bit preoccupied at this point Piece of Heart , and won't remember to turn off the game; so this will keep some nice background music going Wink )

Updated PCM set: https://mega.nz/file/WERziKhD#Dp31kzOqBqdV6l9qIlAgp_1hCeo9Ehub6nfbLDzpgYg

Oh, and Oscar, I forgot to mention before, but the version of "Marcos Vidal - Uña y carne (1997 version)" you sent me was really low quality, so I dug up a good quality CD rip of his 1997 album, and used the version from that. It's a bit longer than the version you sent me, but I didn't notice any other differences besides an additional reprise of the chorus.

edale

Back to top Go down

Post by SePH Sun 23 May 2021 - 5:00

I can do all these changes tommorow after the job, then two more days of job after that and I'm going to be off for two days (should there be any more needed fixes, I'll have more freetime then).

By the way, great job thus far to everyone else involved! This is going to be an amazing proposal. Smile

SePH

Help for marriage proposal - Page 3 Image213

Since : 2020-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post by edale Sun 23 May 2021 - 6:26

OK, gonna try and condense all the needed changes to one post to make things easier on SePH.

-Wipe save data at end.

-Add auto-advance to Link's and the King's speeches (and the King's speech needs to be slowed down some, it's current speed on the parts that already scroll are too fast).

-Add custom "Legend of Yese: A Link to the Future" image to credits.

-King's speech change: oefrebe -> goldsmith.

-Updated Triforce section (combines Oscar's update with my grammar fix):
"The heart symbolizes love; the hands stand for friendship; and the crown represents loyalty and fidelity. The chest in front of you opens by joining the two halves of the Claddagh Ring. Complete Claddagh's ring and the long-awaited question will be revealed."

And I think that's everything.

edale

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sun 23 May 2021 - 9:29

As soon SePh is done, here's my tasks:

-Wipe save data at end (if this isn't possible with HM I can use asm)

- add end screen (again up to SePH what he wants and if he doesn't manage himself)

- add monologue 28 to msu in case Oscar gets Yese recording her part "Oscar, why did you bring me here? What is going on?"
(also needs to put on autoadvance)
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by ohskr27 Sun 23 May 2021 - 9:52

edale wrote:OK, gonna try and condense all the needed changes to one post to make things easier on SePH.

@edale : Thanks for the grammar corrections and the quality of the Marcos Vidal song, I really appreciate the level of detail that all of you have with this project. I have sent you a new email with the recorded dialogues, before sending them I checked they were fine. Either way, if you need me to re-record them, I will.

I have sent you an additional audio with Yese's dialogues. I managed to get them without her suspecting anything (Conn's idea)

Conn wrote:- add monologue 28 to msu in case Oscar gets Yese recording her part "Oscar, why did you bring me here? What is going on?"

@Conn : Thanks for the idea of recording my girlfriend's voice. It has been difficult to find the way, but I have managed to get the audios. Very creative!!!

SePH wrote:By the way, great job thus far to everyone else involved! This is going to be an amazing proposal.

This is much better than what I had in my mind at the beginning. I am sincerely grateful to everyone involved.

ohskr27
Mad Batter
Mad Batter

Since : 2021-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sun 23 May 2021 - 10:18

Nice, here's the newest patch with Yese now speaking too. (pcm 36,37,38 are in reverse order spoken)

@Edale
pcm 36: I want you to know that what... (Oscar speaking)
pcm 37: Welcome Yese, Sorry to interrupt (Oscar speaking)
pcm 38: oscar, why did you bring... (Yese speaking)
pcm 61: Welcome Yes, Oscar wanted... (king speeking)
pcm 62: The Claddagh Ring has its origin...(king speeking)

@SePH:
these messages must be autoscroll:
28, 36, 37, 317, 318

package contains:
yesv26.ips (merged latest msu with Seph's v24 work)
yese_msu_only (as the name suggests)
yese_msu.asm (the source code)
Attachments
Help for marriage proposal - Page 3 Attachment
yese26.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(358 Kb) Downloaded 3 times
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by edale Sun 23 May 2021 - 21:03

OK, I have the new vocal clips, and they are at a properly audible volume this time. I should have no problems in getting them converted.

Actually converting them will be waiting for SePH's next updated patch, since I'll have to edit the timing of things to match up to the rate the text is going at.

Once I can record a clip of the king's speech with the auto-advance, I'll post it to the Discord I'm in with all the VA's and make one more attempt at getting a VA from there before looking into other options (I have a few other places I can check for professional VAs before looking for alternatives).

edale

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sun 23 May 2021 - 21:54

TheRetromancer has a absolutely cool professional voice. He was the narrator in AST/BS Zelda English dub...

https://youtu.be/zMuYUhwuu_k?t=322

I'm sure he would make a good king as well Wink dunno whether he is still reachable though.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by SePH Sun 23 May 2021 - 22:55

I'll get going with the rest of the tasks real soon, in the meantime here's what I came up with Oscar last request!

Help for marriage proposal - Page 3 Image4

Help for marriage proposal - Page 3 Image7

At first I went with a more simplified approach using the same background as Alttp, then after finding this image on the web:

Help for marriage proposal - Page 3 Image8

Decided to combine both the temple of time and castle to form Yese's title! No idea what this picture came from otherwise.

Hope she likes! Small Triforce

Last edited by SePH on Sun 23 May 2021 - 23:06; edited 1 time in total

SePH

Back to top Go down

Post by edale Sun 23 May 2021 - 23:05

I like, but maybe a sunny sky rather than the dark ominous clouds? No one wants it to rain on their wedding after all.

*edit- Maybe cut the ominous church from the source pic, and go with the town, river, and side of the castle for the backdrop? Or if that's too large, cut the river out as well, so it's the town and the castle?

edale

Back to top Go down

Post by SePH Sun 23 May 2021 - 23:20

Here you go! Happier version! Very Happy

Help for marriage proposal - Page 3 Image6

Help for marriage proposal - Page 3 Image10

SePH

Back to top Go down

Post by edale Sun 23 May 2021 - 23:38

Oh, nice recolor, you even lightened up the background mountains since they wouldn't be in deep shadow anymore. Yes

Only bit I could think to improve now would be recoloring the ground in front of the church green, and maybe extending the bushes to the side of the church.

edale

Back to top Go down

Post by SePH Mon 24 May 2021 - 1:11

Alright I'm done with every fix, autoscroll and such. I've changed the screen again one last time to include edale's last suggestions and make it look less like a titlescreen and more like a good story for them to be continued!

Help for marriage proposal - Page 3 Before-credit-roll

So here's the latest version with:

- Monologues 28, 36, 37, 317, 318 set to autoscroll
- New triforce essence monologue
- Slowed down king's speech and changed the spanish word into goldsmith
- I've included the 256 colors (87a/non interlaced) gif image required for the custom end but didn't dare touching the asm to include it because it has been quite sometime, its conn asm, so figured I'd let him do it!

Smile Razz (Conn)  Wink

https://www.zeldix.net/t392-custom-ending-screens

The gif in question needs to be inserted before the credits roll, so right after the triforce gets in Yese hands.

Since I have edited the happy hyrule epilogue music, to fix a music bug before this idea was sent to me, it will be a silent screen on native, but your msu pcm will fix this, so no worries if you test on native...its normal.

Now off to sleep, two more days of job ugh...so best wishes finishing this project! Spin

SePH

Back to top Go down

Post by edale Mon 24 May 2021 - 7:10

Progress update:

edale

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Mon 24 May 2021 - 11:24

Ok, I've inserted the screen (yese to the future)

It was not easy. I made it play theme 34 already there (it continues during credits afterwards. The screen can be skipped by pressing button or wait some time. I don't think it's a good idea to make a distinct track here.

I also erased the savestate flags that you restart at the church after finishing the game (now she will always wake up in bed).

We are done I think (except for King's speech)
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Mon 24 May 2021 - 15:26

Here's v29, with just a small adjustment. I was disturbed by the music restart when leaving kakariko village, so this is fixed.

Also, when she holds the triforce, the spc 33 is played for 3 seconds or so (fanfare that belongs to happy hyrule theme), then it immediately is switched to the new screen (to the future) so you do not hear more of this theme. It's ok in the spc version, also the msu version uses fallback here- dunno whether albw 33 fits here (just for your info, edale).
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by edale Mon 24 May 2021 - 18:20

Credits:

I thought the custom image was supposed to be in the background for the credits scroll? Was I wrong?

Though fun coincidence, the 25 seconds the image stays up (if you don't hit a button) push the credits back just far enough that "The End" appears on screen just as the last line of dialogue of the song plays, right before the loop.

edale

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Mon 24 May 2021 - 18:42

I thought the custom image was supposed to be in the background for the credits scroll? Was I wrong?
That's not possible. I can only insert a static image, one background. The credit has 2 BG, one the text, the other the inage. Then you also have a sprite (triforce circulation). Impossible (ASM is math and logics, no wishing well Wink ).

I like how it looks, also that the voice of the theme starts exactly as soon the image fades out. I can also disable button press if wished.

I'd suggest to finish the pcm set and Oscar chimes in after he playtested whether he wants some changes.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by edale Mon 24 May 2021 - 18:53

OK.

One last question... Is it possible to lower the volume of the flute-boy's SPC any? It's a bit too loud compared to the PCM, but if I adjust the PCM's normalization, the PCM will be too loud and wash out the rest of the SPC audio...

Not a huge deal if it can't be done.

edale

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Mon 24 May 2021 - 19:35

I decided to disable the button press in that image since it is perfectly timed with the voice starting with the credits and the theme ending at "the end". And the credits are not hacked, so it's ok having the image 25 seconds on screen.

v30 attached (this is the only change in the patch compared to v29).

Frankly I find the flute boy also too loud and disturbing... but the sfx cannot be lowered (at least not with my apu knowledge). I think it is maybe better to leave him away, but this is up to SePH (one click in HM).
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by ohskr27 Mon 24 May 2021 - 20:38

Hi all,

I have seen the videos and play the game and the result is breathtaking.

Unfortunately I have not been able to apply the pach correctly. The texts are fine, but the music played is the one programmed by default. I have tried Lunar IPS and snes9x-x64. I have used .sfc files and also .smc

snes9x-x64:

1. I put the .smc file and the .ips file in the same folder. I rename both with the same name.

2. I run snes9x-x64.

Lunar IPS:

1. I put the .smc file and the .ips file in the same folder. I rename both with the same name.

3. I run Lunar IPS and select the option "Apply IPS Patch". I select the .ips file and then the .smc file.

4. I run the game with snes9x-x64

In both cases the result is the same. When I used the .sfc file I just renamed it as .smc. I already found out that this is wrong. Anyway, SePH had sent me an .smc copy of the game with the 24 patch version. So I used that .smc file to try and apply the other patch versions uploaded here. But I have not succeeded.

Regarding changes to the game:

As I explained above, I have not been able to listen to the music and audios, so my comments are based on outdated information in that part. However I have been able to see the texts and the gampley, the final screen, etc.

My only changes are regarding the sound (I am based on what I saw in the videos because I could not listen to it on my PC).

1. In the video Edale posted, the music stops when the King appears (the castle part). Is it possible to keep the music in the background?

2. In Overworld, Marcos Vidal's song is restarted when Zelda leaves the house, and also when she crosses the following bridge:

Help for marriage proposal - Page 3 Captur13

Is it possible that the music will not restart?

ohskr27
Mad Batter
Mad Batter

Since : 2021-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by edale Mon 24 May 2021 - 21:08

ohskr27 wrote:Hi all,

I have seen the videos and play the game and the result is breathtaking.

Unfortunately I have not been able to apply the pach correctly. The texts are fine, but the music played is the one programmed by default. I have tried Lunar IPS and snes9x-x64. I have used .sfc files and also .smc

In both cases the result is the same. When I used the .sfc file I just renamed it as .smc. I already found out that this is wrong. Anyway, SePH had sent me an .smc copy of the game with the 24 patch version. So I used that .smc file to try and apply the other patch versions uploaded here. But I have not succeeded.

Regarding changes to the game:

As I explained above, I have not been able to listen to the music and audios, so my comments are based on outdated information in that part. However I have been able to see the texts and the gampley, the final screen, etc.

My only changes are regarding the sound (I am based on what I saw in the videos because I could not listen to it on my PC).

1. In the video Edale posted, the music stops when the King appears (the castle part). Is it possible to keep the music in the background?

2. In Overworld, Marcos Vidal's song is restarted when Zelda leaves the house, and also when she crosses the following bridge:

Is it possible that the music will not restart?
You need to apply the new patches to a clean, unmodded, copy of the ROM. Don't apply the patch to an already patched copy.

The .sfc/.smc, the .msu files, and the .pcm's all need to have the same name. I've just been naming the files 'zelda' to be quick and easy to type out while working on things (some of my work is in command-line), and was planning on changing it to something more like "The Legend of Yese" for the final product.

Files should be:

[romname].sfc
[romname].msu
[romname]-##.pcm

Just as I added the music to the background of your's and Yese's parts, I will be adding the music to the background of the King's speech; once I have those lines voiced. There's only silence in the King's speech atm because there's no PCM audio for it to play.

I don't think it's possible to avoid the restart when Zelda leaves the first house, event code can do tricky things to audio (Conn would know for sure). Conn already fixed that second audio restart when you leave the village in v29.

---

As to the part of the King, I had a thought... Is there anyone from your personal life that you'd like to voice the role? Maybe a close friend or father figure to Yese? Or perhaps, if you and her are religious, your priest/rabbi/pastor/imam/etc.?

---

Oh, and here's the updated PCM's, which include your and Yese's voiced sections, since I forgot to post them with the last update video:
https://mega.nz/file/XFBhgAbS#SdR4mHFPeKJEmWD4XHU3av0zLLWjYG3MmlH7_R55ZLQ

edale

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Mon 24 May 2021 - 21:20

Leaving the first house music restart is also happening in the original version... I can try look into but fixing this may bug elsewhere. It was possible when leaving the village since the fade out was exclusive here. When leaving the first house it may bug when leaving another house. I wait for seph next version (flute boy e.g.) to see whether he wants to do anything there before continuing.

You probably miss the MSU file. Have next to the
Zelda.sfc
Zelda-x.pcm
Also a Zelda.msu file

This file can be any file just renamed to your rom and pcm name (size 0 bytes). Usual way is to right click mouse, create a new text file and rename newtextfile.txt into Zelda.msu (be sure also the extension txt is renamed into msu

Regarding the king speech. Each voice is an own pcm, so it will cut the current pcm playing. Edale did a nice job as far I can tell from the video that this cut isn't so obvious. We cannot make it perfect. Alternatively we could make simply voice only without BG music when speaking, that won't be so bad either. Currently king is mute since we have no record and thus a pcm yet at this place

(Just noticed that I repeated edale answer mostly Embarassed )
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum