The Legend of Zelda - Parallel Worlds

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

The Legend of Zelda - Parallel Worlds - Page 4 Empty The Legend of Zelda - Parallel Worlds

Patch download v1.23:
Code:
https://mega.nz/file/t6YiCI7D#pWYBTt1a4jwqSrt1QLzrhgzd871OxMrwty1ViG89mMU

Patch v1.23 (MSU-1 version):
Code:
https://mega.nz/file/pvIATCiB#Z6eGtLICyFd-gB48ZInzjuxSakZf8xv9I6YUy9hmTfg

v1.1 (previous):
Code:
https://mega.nz/file/gnYg3aDa#KsjdewuOcwZ3tdh7vKWy2_I05RNNyy7XqKOqmz-WTOk

The patches need to be applied on ALTTP (US), no header. You need a UPS patcher.

CRC32 of the original file: 777AAC2F
original file name: Legend of Zelda, The: A Link to the Past [U][!].smc (1.024 KB)

We all know this game and its renewal on the 10th anniversary. Unfortunately some new bugs made it into the version 1.2 and were not fixed since released on 31st of december last year.

Do note, there are still some problems remaining since I simply did not have the ambition to fix those and retest the game again on both quests (way too much testing as it is). However main problems were fixed.

-----------------------------------------------

MSU files generator by ABOhiccups

MSU1 PCM Sets
https://www.zeldix.net/t791-the-legend-of-zelda-a-link-to-the-past

MSU1 PCM Rename Generator
https://github.com/ABOhiccups/MSU1-PCM-Rename-Generator/releases/tag/zpw

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Fixed problems
--------------
(a full list with hex changes/locations is in the actual zip as a txt file):
-fixed main Darunia door problems (6 doors in total)
-false abmient music in Master Sword area fix
-Master Sword ASM reverting, since this was causing an overlay bug in the ice-world lake area; this ASM is not needed since when getting the Master sword there is no reason to return to ice world at all (to see the snow-storm gone)
-reverting false tiles used to block the ice church area (which resulted in false tiles at the Parallel Tower areas)
-closing the church area in another way
-fixed drawing in the ice curch area
-reverting breached shutter doors in Darunia, which are not working (since 4 special doors is max for one room; special door being shutter, key or bombable etc door)

-fixing of all door-code for the entire Darunia dungeon! (there were multiple mistakes on the door code itself, as well as: you could get trapped in if going back in multiple rooms). So basically that "Darunia fix" IPS file was also still wrong/bugged. Darunia doors really were a mess (code wise and paradox wise).
-monologue edit: bed message from 1.20 to 1.23
-be able to collect Byrna in light and dark world (with the alt-treasure chests)

-fixed the infinite diggable tile!
-fixed the day/night patch to be less dark, since when full dark+rain/snow overlay result in way too dark
-fix on the further problem on the
pw_stair_entrance_fix.asm (Basically what's happening here is, that rooms above 292 were no longer an exception, when they should be)
-fixed on top problem for the wall in area 32 above the fairy hole/entrance
-fixed Link's Y coordinate on some entrances when he walks in
-internal header name fix
-further checksum fix

-beta testing on both quests done!

Remaining problems:
-------------------
-light world area 32 (beach). Far left up there is a palm tree, walk around it left up and you can get permastuck sometimes
-light world area 35 (forest), far right-down - those 2 holes can be jumped vertically down with a bomb jump, landing in water and swimming off screen down or right
-Helmasaur should be in a small room (Farore's dungeon), since not allowed to be in a big room (false gfx display when he goes of screen)

-Rauru's Ruins:
-room 56, when you hookshot up and stand a little to right of the optimal vertical, you can walk right and then jump left and falsly into bg2 (braks the game, as you are "under" all dungeons)
-room 54, one key door is false again (door code again false - beyond 4 door limit, ie special door limit breach - again).
-room 52, picking up the second jar will spawn the key on the left jar instead of the jar you picked up (also in PW original)
-1 key too much in the dungeon (2 actually now that one key-door is not working
; but still the dungeon can be solved

-Hyrule castle area, left entrance: again Link enters on 448 instead of 472 Y coordinate (but got tired of fixing those)
-Vitrous boss slime problem+ palette problem (jellow colour until he fires a lightning)

-ice world village, far right-down bushes should not be on screen transit, if you travel up, you land in bushes
-Saria's gardens, first key door in again glitched - you walk through locked door due to key-door limit breach
-Saria's gardens - 1 key too much in the dungeon

-Ruto's fortress: end rooms: 2 doors with a big key: if you unlock one you can come around and then travel down and falsly through the locked door from above
-Ruto's fortress: boss does not have shutter door
-Sheik: blowing up a door which leads to big key will make no hole on the other side (again false door code: ie special doors limit breach - since only 4 are special doors are allowed per room)

-Parallel Tower: where you light the torch to see floor: this floor has a half unit of pit between floor and right fence: this is not allowed: result is permastuck if you touch this pit. It should be no pit, or 2 units of pit (to fall down)
-end credits don't have the version update
-Second quest: 2 final rooms are glitched looking (specially on snes9x and real hardware, due to having too much objects in the room)

-Major scroll bug: when traveling from area 28 (witch) to 21 (Luppo quary) in light and dark world: reason: area transit to close to upper area corner: basically such transits should be as far away as possible from the middle point: solution is: close "upper" transit section (ie between a wall and the ridge) and aloow on the bottom one= between ridge and bottom ledge. Note: this bug is in the original PW as well, since it is a result of overworld editing.

But this bug does not trigger so lightly, that's why it was missed. To make it: go far down in Lupo Quarry, then far up: now when traveling down, go to left area in the most upper horizontal and then back to Lupo (false scroll will make a massive gfx bug, since it will now load parts of dark world on false gfx and pals)

-certain jumps down from ledges will land Link on bushed or even in a wall in Lupo Quarry
-Wallmaster grabs you in the dark room and put you to entrance= now it is all dark (game will not allow dark room as starting room, if this is where you land from a walmaster "pick-up").

But still I don't think this is worth fixing, since most dungeons need a overhaul anyway to be on par with ALTTP. And the game can be solved despite all these remaining things. Basically they are either not directly messing with the gameplay, or are difficult to reproduce (unless you do them deliberately).
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

The Legend of Zelda - Parallel Worlds - Page 4 Image212

Since : 2014-10-21

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

The Legend of Zelda - Parallel Worlds :: Comments

RedScorpion

Post Wed 29 Jul 2020 - 5:06 by RedScorpion

Hi Puzzledude,

thanks for your reply. We used PR Version 1.1 for the translation. Hmm, i think it is better to use now the 1.23 source rom and change the dialogs and so on again. I guess i can copy paste a big part of the old stuff.

thanks

red

Back to top Go down

Puzzledude

Post Wed 29 Jul 2020 - 18:30 by Puzzledude

RedScorpion wrote:Hi Puzzledude,

thanks for your reply. We used PR Version 1.1 for the translation. Hmm, i think it is better to use now the 1.23 source rom and change the dialogs and so on again. I guess i can copy paste a big part of the old stuff.

thanks

red
I also think that would be the best, since you can then focus only on translating itself.

Back to top Go down

Letterbomb

Post Sat 17 Apr 2021 - 19:11 by Letterbomb

"I have a question, could you theoretically beat Impa's Ways in the second quest with the use of hovering? Even though there are some places you have to hookshot to, they all can be hovered to if you are good at hovering."

Came back to this game to test this theory out, you can beat it by hovering. As a matter a fact, you can get the hookshot by hovering in a certain spot in Impa's Ways, which means that you can beat the second quest and get everything like in the first quest. It's worth to note that the Final Dungeon when doing this, still takes you to the Trinexx which is awesome Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4