Erock's Version Conker 1.2.7

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Erock's Version Conker 1.2.7 - Page 3 Empty Re: Erock's Version Conker 1.2.7

Post by Puzzledude Wed 22 Nov 2017 - 11:52

I consider make a small spoiler walkthrough how to get through your quite hard block puzzle, that one with aghanim/zelda at the entrance... any idea how to do that best? Video, or a pdf as you did for iq?
I made pdf guides for all 3 IQ hacks (original, ramodel, and revenge of the einstein). The last hack has the same puzzle in it, and even a little more difficult, but that solution is valid for both puzzles. So I can give you that pdf with extraction of only this puzzle-solution.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Erock's Version Conker 1.2.7 - Page 3 Image213

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Wed 22 Nov 2017 - 13:33

Ah, don't mind, it's better having it with Conker. I already made sort of an instruction for this puzzle:
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/ConkerHRT_v1.26.zip

/!SPOILERSECRETS!.zip/hard_puzzle

both pdf and editable doc are inside (if somebody wants to make a better one)
Conn
Conn

Erock's Version Conker 1.2.7 - Page 3 Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Wed 22 Nov 2017 - 13:52

Conn wrote:Ah, don't mind, it's better having it with Conker. I already made sort of an instruction for this puzzle:

/!SPOILERSECRETS!.zip/hard_puzzle

both pdf and editable doc are inside (if somebody wants to make a better one)
Yes, I think the Conker game has a lot of help files already. Usually these things are for the player to find, yet this info is useful for beginners, specially the heart piece locations.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Wed 22 Nov 2017 - 14:21

The Erock version is not meant to be a long term project. The Erock version's goal is to fine polish up the game for a better experience.

I will most likely make the witch into a coke cooler then. Made just out of the witches pot. Coke cooker reference images link:

https://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;_ylt=A0SO8wiOzhVaLbMA7w9XNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTE0MGw1cjQ1BGNvbG8DZ3ExBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDQjM0NTJfMQRzZWMDcGl2cw--?p=coke+cooler&fr2=piv-web&fr=yfp-t

Also when you are making custom things like this conn if you tell me about them while you are doing it I can have my artist actually give the things proper graphics. team work.

Your coding work on the witch is great, but I can hardly tell that this is a coke fountain. It looks more like a birthday cake with a candle on top.

Erock's Version Conker 1.2.7 - Page 3 58d35087ab4cc8bdc3765e98917a16e7

The deku seed dash kick and the hookshot through the blue bumper are the things in the game that require the player to "figure this out" as I don't believe they are talked about in-game.
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Erock's Version Conker 1.2.7 - Page 3 Image211

Since : 2013-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Wed 22 Nov 2017 - 15:02

That's the reason it tells you "Psst - I'm a Koka Kola fountain" if you speak to it. That is for people with low imagination capacities Razz
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Wed 22 Nov 2017 - 20:24

Ah well. Since I need to hack the monologues again, I consider shifting the upper tiles of the witch being symmetric with the pot in that go, if you manage to post a good fountain. Fountain, not cooler or whatever. I can extract a patch to be applied on your version then that shifts the x coordinates of the head and body some pixels to the left then, then you have a considerable size.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Wed 22 Nov 2017 - 23:08

Conn wrote:That's the reason it tells you "Psst - I'm a Koka Kola fountain" if you speak to it. That is for people with low imagination capacities Razz

Hahah, actually this is the funniest thing.

I knew that you wrote this precisely in this way, because people wouldn't know what this sprite was if you didn't tell them. lol

I mean, a dildo bobbing up and down in a coke fountain? I never would have guessed that.

Okay so here is the deal, tell me what tiles go where to create this new thing you are making and how many animation frames and what color pallets you are using and I will send this information to the pixel artist so he can draw it up.

It is a shame that we didn't have a pixel artist for this project on board, but this is okay, I'm passionate about this project so much that I will outsource the work.

Again, just tell me the:

-size of the sprite and the sprite tiles
-what animates and what doesn't
-what color pallets you are using for each of the sprite tiles

And I will send the info to the artist and then we will see what the artist will come up with.

I just have to be happy and satisfied with the project... that's all.

Also typically for water effects devs usually use some type of color pallet alternating effect so that there is no real animation just colors changing to create the illusion of moving water. Anyway this effect can be used here.
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Thu 23 Nov 2017 - 5:40

You know this is really not easy:

Erock's Version Conker 1.2.7 - Page 3 Image110

left the original, right, after I centered the head and body (shifted the x-coordinates)

you have hoizontal
pot: left&right: 8 mirrored pixels = 16
middle: 8 pixels

vertical:
head: 16 pixels
body: 3 pixels (the rest is covered as it has least priority)
pot 16 pixels
= 35 pixels

stick: somewhere in the middle, the only part you can animate (body is also animated, but you cannot do anything with those 3 pixels after shifted) with 8x16 pixels

palette: least problem for now.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Fri 24 Nov 2017 - 5:59

okay, i will try and study this and give it to the artist.

[edit]

Okay, I gathered up all of my graphics nitpicks that I had and gathered up the witch (coke fountain) too and sent everything over to the pixel artist.

Please note that sometimes he might take a week to get this done (or longer). I encouraged him to try and get these new graphics done by next week.

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed. Fingers crossed
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Fri 24 Nov 2017 - 12:32

No hurry, I have dozens other stuff to take care on.
Also, I am actually content with the current welll, so this isn't on my priority list. I do this only because I want to look into the monologues to give a hint to kick the seed, doing so I can also update the well.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Fri 24 Nov 2017 - 17:08

Here is what I thought of to give the player a hint to kick the seed.

Narrator: Did you know that you can kick the deku seed like a soccer ball? Just dash into it and give it a try. GOOOOOOOAL!
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Fri 24 Nov 2017 - 17:28

Lol, I had half a hour to move it, so if you download 1.2.6 from this page again, it will have the monologue updates. Romhacking may come later if I accept that new witch.

The hint is more sober, there's an addition to Seph main entrance pw ruins:did you know that you can kick deku seeds by dashing into them? Erock folder isn't much more creative: add-on: did you know that you can dash invisible?

Sorry my time problem, but it's sufficient
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Mon 27 Nov 2017 - 3:08

Okay I need help.

Erock's Version Conker 1.2.7 - Page 3 6WnBSAA

In this area, first room in retro dungeon. Currently this door at the top is locked until you beat all of the enemies in the area.

Once you beat the enemies the door opens. I want to change this and make it so that the door is always open and that you do not have to kill the enemies in the room for it to open.

I looked under the special taggs and I see that it says "move block to open" , but this doesn't make sense to me as there is no block that makes this door open.

I tried changing the effect to nothing and then tested the game, but the door still acts the same. So I do not know how to make the change that I want. I also don't know which door to use if I have to change the door type nor do I know what layer the door should be on.
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Mon 27 Nov 2017 - 5:52

doors can be edited with bg 3. Click edit: 3, click on the door with right -> insert a door. Which one is try&error (at least for me).
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Mon 27 Nov 2017 - 12:07

Erockbrox wrote:Okay I need help.

Erock's Version Conker 1.2.7 - Page 3 6WnBSAA

In this area, first room in retro dungeon. Currently this door at the top is locked until you beat all of the enemies in the area.

Once you beat the enemies the door opens. I want to change this and make it so that the door is always open and that you do not have to kill the enemies in the room for it to open.

I looked under the special taggs and I see that it says "move block to open" , but this doesn't make sense to me as there is no block that makes this door open.

I tried changing the effect to nothing and then tested the game, but the door still acts the same. So I do not know how to make the change that I want. I also don't know which door to use if I have to change the door type nor do I know what layer the door should be on.
You are using a False version of Hyrule Magic, namely the version 963. The data you see is not correct. If you made any room-header changes in this version, you have corrupted the rom.

You need to use the version 964, ie the new version. The v963 will display the false "Move block to open", however the correct info in this room is:
tag1= Light torches to get chest (remains)
tag2= Clear room to open

Set tag2 to "Nothing".

Then press layer3, select the door and in the lower part of the window, you will see type12. Start pressing letter m on the keyboard to scroll through to type0. Note: the door display in HM should be false, but it should be ok in the game.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Mon 27 Nov 2017 - 15:06

Uh... good to know, I use 962, however, it works - with various playtest prove it doesn't corrupt the rom.
Erock obviously only played with the header options they were correctly until he tinkered.

I still think it is his problem that he didn't press "3" to chose an open door:

Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Mon 27 Nov 2017 - 16:20

Uh... good to know, I use 962, however, it works - with various playtest prove it doesn't corrupt the rom.
Erock obviously only played with the header options they were correctly until he tinkered.

I still think it is his problem that he didn't press "3" to chose an open door:
Not really. You see, SePH moved the dungeon room-header data to the end of the rom using the command in the New Hyrule Magic "move headers". This happened long ago and it was done to have more header space. This basically means that the old version of HM can not read this. And indeed I get the same false info "move block to open" if you open the rom in the old HM. If you open the same rom in the new HM it will say "Light torches to get chest" and "Clear room to open", which is correct. This basically means the old HM still reads data from the old hex location, which will not work in-game since the pointers were auto-changed to read from new location.

Thus if you see "Light torches to get chest" and "Clear room to open" in this room you are using the correct HM. Do note: even the old HM can edit room objects, since only the room-header info is affected between old and new HM.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Mon 27 Nov 2017 - 17:24

Uhm you are right, I thought Erock has problems with having door always open, reading it all again it makes now more sense.

But it is strange then, because you are telling 963 is wrong, but I definitely worked with 962, and here it shows up correctly:

Erock's Version Conker 1.2.7 - Page 3 Image214
(click on image to see full)

Anyways, do you think I could have screwed anything up (or can make a quick check somehow if anything in screwed up if this is possible) in 1.2.6 using the version 962?

That would be an apcalypse, probably Doh

Edit:
Phew, all good:
https://www.zeldix.net/t142-hyrule-magic-v0-964
I used this version, SePH says its 964, but in about it says 962 Confused

Apocalypse for Erock, you must start anew I think Sad
One save with the wrong version, and everything is corrupted. I think, right Puzz?
Sorry Dude if that's the case Cool

If you have to, take the latest version
With the moved monologue for kick deku seed
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Mon 27 Nov 2017 - 18:01

Edit:
Phew, all good:
I used this version, SePH says its 964, but in about it says 962 Confused
Yes, this is actually known to me, but I forgot to mention it. If you use the tab "About" in the version 964, it still says 962. I think all tabs say 962, even if the version is 962, 963 and 964. I guess they didn't bother to also change the About-log when updating the program.

Apocalypse for Erock, you must start anew I think Sad
One save with the wrong version, and everything is corrupted. I think, right Puzz?
If he opened the rom with the old version, changed dungeon objects and saved, it's all ok. If he changed header info, it can be a problem if this data is "stuffed" ie no space problem. Mainly you corrupt this section of the rom at 27502 and on.

If your edits do not take more header space, it's again all ok, since what you do is edit the old hex space for headers, but this data never gets pointed to. Since the pointer point to expanded space for headers.

In all cases I wouldn't call this as Apocalypse, since it is a lot less problematic.

You basically want to start with a Conker version 1.26 and redo all the dungeon changes with the new/correct version of HM only to be on the safe side, since editing room-header with old HM and saving might cause problems if there is hex space shortage.

In any case not such a problem, since you can take 1.26 and the "corrupted" version 1.27 with dungeon edits, and traverse the dungeon code+pointers via hex to 1.26 (these are objects only, while sprites etc edits must be made anew).

Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Mon 27 Nov 2017 - 19:45

While doing all of my edits, I only changed objects and sprites, never a room header. So do I really have to START OVER!!!???

I love the fact that I'm using an "old version" as if HM gets constant updates.

From what I understood, there was one version of HM and then the guy who made it never updated it ever again.

No wonder why the Zelda 3 hacking scene is so small. You have to have the "correct" version of Hyrule Magic yet when you go to see what version of the editor you have it all reads the same version because the creator was too lazy to update that part.

Also no wonder why I've always had a hard time hacking this game. If I'm not using the right version then of course things will be confusing. Like looking at the effects that I can do in HM. In addition in my version of HM when I open up Conker, there are tons of glitched graphics. I don't know if that is normal or not, because editing with the glitched graphics is sometimes pretty hard to do.

Narrator: What version of HM do you have?
Zelda Hacker: I don't know man, there all the same!
Narrator: No man, there different.
Zelda Hacker: How can you tell which one is the newest then?
Narrator: It's a secret to everybody....

Just for the record my version is 0.962... if that even means anything.

Last edited by Erockbrox on Tue 28 Nov 2017 - 1:21; edited 1 time in total
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Tue 28 Nov 2017 - 1:19

Also here is an update message form the artist.

David wrote:I really love making the pixel art for your games! I'll try to finish everything (including the statue and the plants for your ninja game) this week. I'll offer a price for everything when I am finished.

Thank you so much for your patience! Smile
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Tue 28 Nov 2017 - 1:35

While doing all of my edits, I only changed objects and sprites, never a room header. So do I really have to START OVER!!!???
According to Puzz, you're lucky and no. I'd recommend opening the "native" 1.2.6 and your altered version with HM 0.964 (link given by me in above post) and compare some room headers to verify they are still correct.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Tue 28 Nov 2017 - 6:35

In this case, no you don't have to start over. Just continue from here, with the correct Hyrule Magic.

In addition in my version of HM when I open up Conker, there are tons of glitched graphics. I don't know if that is normal or not, because editing with the glitched graphics is sometimes pretty hard to do.
This is Conker specific, some GFX will display wrong in HM in the Conker game. Nothing we can do about it.

Just for the record my version is 0.962... if that even means anything.
No this doesn't mean anything. There are only 2 versions of HM floating around: 963 and 964, both of them read 962 in the About section.

You can spot 964 easily. In one of the tabs there is an option "Move headers". There is also an additional button: when you are indoors, the button "Exit" will put you back to the overworld if you are in a room which has an entrance. 963 doesn't have this button.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Wed 29 Nov 2017 - 5:42

Thank god that I don't have to start over. I made plenty of back up copies when I was doing my edits.

When I came to this obstacle with the room headers I actually tried to change the header once and it said "bad error happened".  So I deleted that version and got out my save saved version. I knew something was fishy when I saw that.

Also I'm working on that subway floor tile. Going back and forth with the artist to try and nail this. The tile circled in yellow is something that we are trying to aim for, but just a better version of it possibly.

The original tile is just speckled with random pixels and it looks flat which I'm sure everyone here will agree. So I'm really trying hard to improve on this.

Erock's Version Conker 1.2.7 - Page 3 WhJiIMD
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Thu 30 Nov 2017 - 2:31

Okay now that I'm using the correct version do I need to do anything special in this version like the move pointer headers thing?

Now, I'm stuck on this part. In this room there is a block, but the chest always appears even if the block isn't moved.

I'm assuming that seph originally wanted the chest to appear once you move the block and I selected to move this block as a special setting, but it doesn't seem to work.

I'm guessing that because there is another tag that says "chest appears if enemies are killed" and once you get to this room the enemies are killed so the chest just spawns regardless if the block is pushed or not.

Erock's Version Conker 1.2.7 - Page 3 ZTXaOlG
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next