Super Mario RPG

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Super Mario RPG - Page 3 Empty Re: Super Mario RPG

Post by JUD6MENT Tue 2 Oct 2018 - 10:16

@Conn
So i didnt think of this until i put a PCM in and started losing really bad but the Yoshi race requires the player to push buttons timed to the music. We should have the default music play here so that players can actually know when to press the button, lol.
Here is an example of the race if you need to know what i am talking about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTtFLjCauaA

The race values is $16 and $19, one is the practice tutorial and the other is the actual race. Thank you Conn.
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

Super Mario RPG - Page 3 Image212

Since : 2018-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post by pev Tue 2 Oct 2018 - 10:27

@JUD6MENT I believe Conn has SPC fallback for this game. Just remove the PCM and SPC should take its place.

pev

Super Mario RPG - Page 3 Image211

Since : 2017-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Tue 2 Oct 2018 - 10:29

That's exactly what I wanted to write in this moment Wink, nothing I could do here anyways
Conn
Conn

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by pev Tue 2 Oct 2018 - 10:31

@Conn Wow, for once, I beat the Great Master in responding. I just got a “Beat Conn to the Punchline” achievement on my Xbox trophies. Lol.

pev

Since : 2017-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Tue 2 Oct 2018 - 11:25

A good day to mark red in your calendar Razz
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by JUD6MENT Tue 2 Oct 2018 - 11:48

Oh thanks, i will do that.
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

Back to top Go down

Post by JUD6MENT Thu 4 Oct 2018 - 2:48

I only have about 12 more PCM files to go, should be done in a week.
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

Back to top Go down

Post by JUD6MENT Wed 10 Oct 2018 - 1:17

I only got 5 more PCM tracks to finish, all five having to do with the end of game cut scenes music. I will most likely finish and release this project sometime this week.
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

Back to top Go down

Post by JUD6MENT Thu 11 Oct 2018 - 23:52

This Game Is FINISHED!!!!
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames Fri 12 Oct 2018 - 0:01

AWESOME!!!!!!!!! Breakdance Yes
Polargames
Polargames

Super Mario RPG - Page 3 Image112

Since : 2018-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowX Mon 24 Jul 2023 - 16:11

Hi, Conn,

First off, thanks so much for all you've done! Most everything is working great for me on my SD2SNES except this MSU-1 patch for SMRPG. I have tried numerous ROMs, verifying first they are headerless w/ snesRomUtil, but the result is always the same:  the normal music plays as if I hadn't applied a patch at all. When I had bad ROMS I could always tell cuz they wouldn't run, so I was able to find replacements that worked, and I also quadruple checked that there are no typos in the ROM/MSU/PCM file names (they all match and the MSU file is 0 KB), so I'm a bit at a loss now. I tried the main and mirror links for your patch here on Zeldix w/ multiple ROMs. I am using FLIPS for the actual patching, btw. Do you have any ideas what may be wrong?

Last edited by ShadowX on Mon 24 Jul 2023 - 16:15; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot to mention SD2SNES)
ShadowX
ShadowX
Newcomer

Since : 2023-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by JUD6MENT Mon 24 Jul 2023 - 18:33

ShadowX wrote:Hi, Conn,

First off, thanks so much for all you've done! Most everything is working great for me on my SD2SNES except this MSU-1 patch for SMRPG. I have tried numerous ROMs, verifying first they are headerless w/ snesRomUtil, but the result is always the same:  the normal music plays as if I hadn't applied a patch at all. When I had bad ROMS I could always tell cuz they wouldn't run, so I was able to find replacements that worked, and I also quadruple checked that there are no typos in the ROM/MSU/PCM file names (they all match and the MSU file is 0 KB), so I'm a bit at a loss now. I tried the main and mirror links for your patch here on Zeldix w/ multiple ROMs. I am using FLIPS for the actual patching, btw. Do you have any ideas what may be wrong?

Let me help you out a bit.

First, I have a 5 minute tutorial that has helped a lot of people by now and it may help you as well. I also go over the most frequent reasons why a patch isn't working as it takes a little more set up than an average msu-1 rom patch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmt4ddljCPQ

Here is a few basics when patching for the first time MSU-1 games.
First, use a PC emulator and get it to work on that first, then attempt to place it on the desired emulator. This is a quick way to make sure if you got it or not. Another reason this is important is like my raspberry pi 3 there is a few extra setting I have to do to make it run. Sometimes it is patched right but you are wasting time as the problem may be how sd2snes is set up or the raspberry pi. I suggest using the emulator snes9x v 1.60 or higher. I have a link in my tutorial video.

Second most common mistake is the header, but it sounds like you remove the header so we are good.

Third is the way things are named in the folder or the ".msu" file is missing or is named wrong. You have to have a very specific name for your rom and .msu file. See my tutorial for an example.

If all of this is not helping, send us another message and we will see what we can do next to help you.
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowX Mon 24 Jul 2023 - 19:43

Thanks so much, JUD6MENT! I will check this out soon. Great suggestion trying things out in ye olde SNES9x first. I am already terribly in your debt for all the awesomeness you have contributed and now you're helping me out directly. I have gotten quite verklempt a couple times playing my old SNES favorites with the excellent music you put together. LOL
ShadowX
ShadowX
Newcomer

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Tue 25 Jul 2023 - 4:18

SMRPG is an SA-1 special chip game. If you have the original SD2SNES then you're out of luck, as the MSU1 and SA-1 cores can't run at the same time on the old FPGA. Only the Pro version of the SD2SNES/FXPak with the updated, larger FPGA can do MSU1 and SA-1 at the same time.
Relikk
Relikk

Since : 2017-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by JUD6MENT Tue 25 Jul 2023 - 4:23

Relikk wrote:SMRPG is an SA-1 special chip game. If you have the original SD2SNES then you're out of luck, as the MSU1 and SA-1 cores can't run at the same time on the old FPGA. Only the Pro version of the SD2SNES/FXPak with the updated, larger FPGA can do MSU1 and SA-1 at the same time.

Oh that is right, I forgot it is a SA-1 chip game. Thanks for commenting in relikk as that is probably they problem.
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowX Tue 25 Jul 2023 - 17:57

Thanks, Relikk. You could be on to something. I've been able to do SA-1 -or- MSU-1 but not both at once, now that I think about it. While I haven't had a chance to try it in an emulator, I imagine that and the Contra III SA-1/MSU-1/Restoration patches would both work in that. That's the only other game I've had issues with on my SD2SNES, and that also follows suit.
ShadowX
ShadowX
Newcomer

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Mon 31 Jul 2023 - 5:03

Hi, Conn,

First off, thanks so much for all you've done! Most everything is working great for me on my SD2SNES except this MSU-1 patch for SMRPG. I have tried numerous ROMs, verifying first they are headerless w/ snesRomUtil, but the result is always the same: the normal music plays as if I hadn't applied a patch at all. When I had bad ROMS I could always tell cuz they wouldn't run, so I was able to find replacements that worked, and I also quadruple checked that there are no typos in the ROM/MSU/PCM file names (they all match and the MSU file is 0 KB), so I'm a bit at a loss now. I tried the main and mirror links for your patch here on Zeldix w/ multiple ROMs. I am using FLIPS for the actual patching, btw. Do you have any ideas what may be wrong?
I am not so often around here anymore but all has been said I think. If it doesn't work with sd2snes check an emulator first. If it works on emu, you can be at least sure that your setup/patched rom is fine. Sd2snes is sometimes tricky, but all our patches should work on it if its setup/version is alright.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowX Mon 31 Jul 2023 - 16:00

Thanks so much for your help, everyone. I am certain the issue w/ SA-1 and MSU-1 not running simultaneously is due to my SD2SNES FPGA being the older, smaller one. That's OK though. I imagine I could do these two games (and others w/ dual chips involved) on my MiSTer probably but still need to confirm. If I have to choose on the SD2SNES in the case of Contra III patches or the like, I choose the MSU-1 music over the speedup gains w/ the SA-1 patch. Leveraging the SA-1 boosts is certainly an excellent concept though—don't get me wrong. I love it. The Contra III SA-1 patch makes it run great. I just can't justify spending an extra $80 or so for a FXPak Pro just for these two games (especially with the SMRPG remake coming out later on), so I will stick w/ my current SD2SNES. I do still love that thing and of course everything you guys have done for the retro gaming community! I can't thank you enough! *bows
ShadowX
ShadowX
Newcomer

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3