Street Fighter Alpha 2

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

20181209

Post 

Street Fighter Alpha 2 - Page 2 Empty Street Fighter Alpha 2






- Patch -
Patch by Gizaha v2*:
*consult attached read me file for version changes...
Code:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/a4c5wfim0lnyl49/SFAlpha2-Msu1PatchV2-ByGizaha.rar/file

Gizaha's Source Code v2:
Code:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/9msd13d4paxgdmu/StreetFighterAlpha2-SourceCode-Fixed.zip/file


- PCM Packs -

CPS2 Arcade Pack (by Relikk):
Code:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ahue7izQZmouge1X8AXvmXzWCcGZtg?e=HslllT


Arranged Pack (by Relikk):
Code:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ahue7izQZmouge1Y4KFbIypNzmBQSg?e=EZjaKZ


Alpha 1 CPS2 Arcade & Arranged Character Remixes Pack (by Relikk):
Code:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ahue7izQZmouge1Z8pj9_ExNqluk1A?e=2VX7CQ


Alpha 3 Pack (by Cyber_Yagami):
Code:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/pdpgkschbo45k7l/Street_Fighter_Alpha_2_%28SFA3%29_MSU-1.7z/file



- Track Map -

Track Map Updated 03-09-2020:
Code:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16XaHd5GuETa66E4uoH-AdMzdcaTVdIV9_SXnM-RA4EI/edit?usp=sharing


Notes:
Old patch is now considered deprecated. Gizaha's new patch removes the pause issue after the announcer calls "Fight!". Also, this patch now allows the player to select Akuma from the roster (without the need for cheats). Apply the new patch to a non-headered US ROM.


Last edited by Relikk on Sat 2 May 2020 - 18:07; edited 25 times in total
Relikk
Relikk

Street Fighter Alpha 2 - Page 2 Image211

Since : 2017-02-17

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: redditgoogle

Street Fighter Alpha 2 :: Comments

avatar

Post on Tue 5 May 2020 - 18:59 by blade133bo

niuus wrote:
gizaha wrote:Game has slowdowns/lag frames because the code looks written in c++ or some other high level shit. It has ton of pha pla, phx plx etc and other unefficient stuff. If it doesn't bother me, i can tweak the code a bit to have steady 60fps, but it will take time.

I also plan to tweak the sound engine to upload faster (or to stream and instant-play).
Take your time. Sounds awesome.

I saw this hack yesterday, it changed sweat color to red, and Katana to Sodom. I tried to patch it with your hack, but it wasn't compatible, in case someone else wants to try.

Keep up the great work! This hack and Killer Instinct are my most used right now.

Is compatible, usa version http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/4687/

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on Wed 6 May 2020 - 8:16 by niuus

blade133bo wrote:
niuus wrote:
gizaha wrote:Game has slowdowns/lag frames because the code looks written in c++ or some other high level shit. It has ton of pha pla, phx plx etc and other unefficient stuff. If it doesn't bother me, i can tweak the code a bit to have steady 60fps, but it will take time.

I also plan to tweak the sound engine to upload faster (or to stream and instant-play).
Take your time. Sounds awesome.

I saw this hack yesterday, it changed sweat color to red, and Katana to Sodom. I tried to patch it with your hack, but it wasn't compatible, in case someone else wants to try.

Keep up the great work! This hack and Killer Instinct are my most used right now.

Is compatible, usa version http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/4687/
I inverted the patching order and now it works, which is awesome.

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on Thu 7 May 2020 - 2:26 by SeƱor Ventura

gizaha wrote:Game has slowdowns/lag frames because the code looks written in c++ or some other high level shit. It has ton of pha pla, phx plx etc and other unefficient stuff. If it doesn't bother me, i can tweak the code a bit to have steady 60fps, but it will take time. Otherwise, i suggest use retroarch and put "Reduce slowdown" to "Max". That will restore the original speed also (i compared with the arcade) and make combos easier. Theoretically it will be arcade timing perfect, in terms of gameplay.

I also plan to tweak the sound engine to upload faster (or to stream and instant-play).

Perhaps it could be the reason why sometimes the sound at "Hitting" is not heard when impacts?.

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on Thu 2 Jul 2020 - 19:18 by ErivandoBR

gizaha wrote:
"..."
If you want only this patch, apply the source code straight on the rom with asar.
"...".

I tried to apply .asm directly to the rom, but without success.
Image error:

Street Fighter Alpha 2 - Page 2 MIYs0jo

Do I need to do anything else?
I tried with "fix intro timing.asm" (in the image) and "select gouki with select + start.asm" also without success.

My intention is to have the rom with original audio, but without the pauses between the stages.

Gizaha, thanks again.

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on Fri 25 Sep 2020 - 13:59 by legzrwheelz

Hello, I am new here. I created an account to thank gizaha. This is (as in today) the first time I have gotten into MSU-1 shenanigans Confused Breakdance

So I was able to get Killer Instinct up and running on snes9x, I love it. I am a bit confused with this pcm pack. I downloaded the Alpha 1 CPS2 Arcade & Arranged Character Remixes Pack and there are separate folders. Do I leave them as is or drag them to the root folder with the rest of the files?

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post on Fri 25 Sep 2020 - 14:09 by Relikk

It's up to you what you want to do. The arcade and arranged themes are different to each other, so you have a choice of using one or the other. Alpha 1 had fewer themes than Alpha 2 as well, so you'll need an Alpha 2 pack as your base to have every theme available.

So this is the ideal set up...

- An Alpha 2 pack as your base (arranged or arcade)
- The Alpha 1 pack of your choice to overwrite the existing Alpha 2 PCM's (arranged or arcade)

Ideally you want to keep arcade with arcade and arranged with arranged for continuity of music style, but again it's all down to personal preference.

Download foobar2000 and use qwertymodo's PCM plugin to play the PCM's to hear the differences between them.

https://www.zeldix.net/t1543-msu1-audio-player

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on Fri 25 Sep 2020 - 15:01 by legzrwheelz

Relikk wrote:It's up to you what you want to do. The arcade and arranged themes are different to each other, so you have a choice of using one or the other. Alpha 1 had fewer themes than Alpha 2 as well, so you'll need an Alpha 2 pack as your base to have every theme available.

So this is the ideal set up...

- An Alpha 2 pack as your base (arranged or arcade)
- The Alpha 1 pack of your choice to overwrite the existing Alpha 2 PCM's (arranged or arcade)

Ideally you want to keep arcade with arcade and arranged with arranged for continuity of music style, but again it's all down to personal preference.

Download foobar2000 and use qwertymodo's PCM plugin to play the PCM's to hear the differences between them.

https://www.zeldix.net/t1543-msu1-audio-player

Thanl you for your response, I am dealing with the issue of no sound though. I double checked the crc on my rom to ensure I have the correct one and I do. So I am confused with what the issue could be, I did what you suggested as welkl and i get no sound. Any ideas?

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post on Fri 25 Sep 2020 - 15:11 by Relikk

No sound is usually a naming issue. Make sure your ROM, MSU and PCM files all have the same prefix. They should all start with "sfa2-msu1". The PCM's are already named that way, so name the ROM and MSU file the same way. So you should have...

- sfa2-msu1.sfc
- sfa2-msu1.msu
- sfa2-msu1-*.pcm

If there is no MSU file included then you can create your own. Create a new text document, leave it blank, and save it as sfa2-msu1.msu using the "all files" save type.

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on Fri 25 Sep 2020 - 15:17 by legzrwheelz

Relikk wrote:No sound is usually a naming issue. Make sure your ROM, MSU and PCM files all have the same prefix. They should all start with "sfa2-msu1". The PCM's are already named that way, so name the ROM and MSU file the same way. So you should have...

- sfa2-msu1.sfc
- sfa2-msu1.msu
- sfa2-msu1-*.pcm

If there is no MSU file included then you can create your own. Create a new text document, leave it blank, and save it as sfa2-msu1.msu using the "all files" save type.
I figured it out, I was missing the msu fileand I changed the extension from smc to sfc and it worked. Go figure. Thank you very much for your patience and help! I think flips may have changed the extension or maybe I supplied it with the correct crc but had the wrong extension naming. Either way, I am stoked that I get to play this with such great audio. Thank you for your work!

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post on Fri 25 Sep 2020 - 15:30 by Relikk

The ROM extension between SFC and SMC shouldn't matter as it's the content of the ROM that is most important, but the MSU file is needed, and the naming scheme. It's always important to check that before you're confident of playing anything as there can be subtle differences between games, depending on whoever hacked it.

For example, some patches and PCM's will have the "sfa2-msu1" type naming with a dash separating the game name and the MSU1 identifier, and some will have "sfa2_msu1" type naming with an underscore instead of the dash.

No problem, happy to help.

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on Fri 25 Sep 2020 - 15:38 by legzrwheelz

Relikk wrote:The ROM extension between SFC and SMC shouldn't matter as it's the content of the ROM that is most important, but the MSU file is needed, and the naming scheme. It's always important to check that before you're confident of playing anything as there can be subtle differences between games, depending on whoever hacked it.

For example, some patches and PCM's will have the "sfa2-msu1" type naming with a dash separating the game name and the MSU1 identifier, and some will have "sfa2_msu1" type naming with an underscore instead of the dash.

No problem, happy to help.

I am very well aware of the very annoying need for naming schemes to be correct, I have a hyperspin setup and everything needs to be named IDENTICAL or it loses its mind. Maybe it was because I created the msu file that it started working, I did create that and change the extension at the same time so...that makes sense. I did use the pcm file naming just to be extra certain I got the names correct (minus the -* numbering). Again, thank you very much and I look forward to chatting again soon.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum