Final Fantasy IV (J) / Final Fantasy II (US)

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Final Fantasy IV (J) / Final Fantasy II (US) - Page 5 Empty Final Fantasy IV (J) / Final Fantasy II (US)

Patch v3 (10/18/2019 Damcyan Castle remapped):
Code:
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/ff2j_msu1.zip

PCM Packs:
- Final Fantasy IV OCRemix & Others-Set Edited presented by darthvaderx v2 (damcyan castle separated)
Code:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1bJYHqG0C5oJ9tieYZzgoR8zBSg3f2VvE

- Kurrono set fixed by darthvaderx v2-
Code:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/16ErxV4JlSjQ0nvO38Tf7ofRqUP0Zm2cN/view?usp=sharing

- Mathew Valente's Synthetic Origins presented by Brett_d92:
Code:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1G89ey947l_ww1OQ2diCg7OqF_-JlJ34U
YouTube Preview

Enterprise Edition PCM Pack:
Code:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=12TQwjxEcVGJTYl4y5DwegdDWrSTdG_O5
To use with the FF4: Free Enterprise Project: http://ff4fe.com/

Note:
- Get any Final Fantasy IV rom (US or Jap), non-headered! E.g., name is Final Fantasy IV (Japan) (Rev 1).sfc!
- Optionally: Apply any  translation patch.
- Check your rom size (some translation patches expand the rom to 1.5 MB). Ensure your rom has no header (some translation patches require one, if, remove it before applying the msu patch)
 - If your rom size is 1 MB, apply ff2_msu1_1MB.ips
 - if your rom size is 1.5 mb apply ff2_msu1_1.5MB.ips

Last edited by kurrono on Wed 14 Aug 2019 - 1:21; edited 2 times in total
kurrono
kurrono

Final Fantasy IV (J) / Final Fantasy II (US) - Page 5 Image111

Since : 2015-03-22

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Final Fantasy IV (J) / Final Fantasy II (US) :: Comments

Post Fri 7 Feb 2020 - 14:56 by Brett_d92

I noticed Very Happy That's where Kurrono's set helped more where they were all the same size. Just gonna do the same and make duplicates also.

Just hope the unheadered rom I patched is fine, 1st time dealing with it. Works no problem in Snes9x (says bad checksum but when I attempted to fix that, the game crashed on the 1st battle while the bad checksum rom was fine) in but haven't tried it on my SD2SNES cart, was gonna save that till after I finished this.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Fri 7 Feb 2020 - 16:14 by Conn

checksum hasn't any influence actually, at least none I heard about. Which rom version, translation, additional patches do you use?

Did you use this tool to repair the checksum?
https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/499/

I ask because some (translation) patches simply enlarge the game by 0.5 MB without correcting the ingame header (0x7fd7, in this case from 0a -> 0b). If the checksum remains corrupt, snes9x may take it, but sometimes it happens that addresses in the expanded area are not taken.

You can also send me the corrupt rom to con.s@gmx.de and I check it if it crashes for me as well.

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 7 Feb 2020 - 16:34 by Brett_d92

No, didn't try that one, but that worked, didn't crash on 1st battle this time. Was using a USA v1.0 rom.

I've compiled all the tracks into it now and so far, it's looking good, few I can't test (Cecil becoming a paladin) as I don't have a save in that area.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Fri 7 Feb 2020 - 17:26 by Conn

Ok, no idea what was wrong, but good it seems to be resolved. Here are some savestates you may use to quickscheck stuff:
http://games.technoplaza.net/snes/finalfantasy2/savestates.php

(copy the srm, rename it and store it in saves folder)

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 7 Feb 2020 - 17:31 by Brett_d92

Tried that before, no luck, they didn't have that many really, but I did find one around the same area on Zophar. The tracks with loops seem to be fine, mainly just double checking that the non-loop ones don't have to be padded. The Inn/Tent theme needed to be padded at the end. Should be able to upload it after that.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Fri 7 Feb 2020 - 17:42 by Conn

If it's just about testing tracks you simply can rename your track, e.g. rename the to test track x into ff2j_msu1-176.pcm, and you hear that theme in the beginning baron castle. So no need to play all way to the specificx place.

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 7 Feb 2020 - 19:10 by Brett_d92

Shoot, didn't think of that. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 7 Feb 2020 - 19:31 by Brett_d92

I'm packing it now, should I DM you the link or alright just posting it here?

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sat 8 Feb 2020 - 4:13 by Conn

Just post it here, I will transfer it to first post then Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sat 8 Feb 2020 - 7:02 by Conn

Much thanks, I added it to first post Very Happy

I am not sure however whether a -21 normalization had been the better choice, I only briefly tested the first track where you can get into the menu in byron castle at the beginning) (ff2j_msu1-40.pcm   Suspicion) and inside the menu, when selecting stuff, I hardly can hear the SFX...

In the direct comparison (msu vs spc), the spc appears also more silent for this track. Can't tell about the other tracks though

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 8 Feb 2020 - 13:49 by Brett_d92

Thanks for that. Smile

Didn't try -21 for that track, only for Red Wings which sounded a tad too low for me. Do you want me to send that track at -21?

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 8 Feb 2020 - 13:59 by darthvaderx

I am still in the project to optimize my set (reduce the size, vary the redundant tracks, etc.), but I am simply not having time for this, I hope that by the middle of the year things will normalize.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sat 8 Feb 2020 - 14:07 by Conn

I only tested this particular theme 40 and found it a bit too loud in comparison to sfx, if you also have this opinion you may want to check (all?) others as well.

However, this is a matter of taste, I prefer music as bgm with clear sfx... Other people may think different. Just do as you like. In any case, thanks so much for your set Wink

@darthvaderx: I hope and wish all the best that things normalize for you!

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 8 Feb 2020 - 15:07 by Brett_d92

If it's nothing major, I'll let it go. Got burnt out over the game OST over the last 2 days doing it. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sat 8 Feb 2020 - 16:17 by Conn

Alright then, so shall it be Very Happy

Back to top Go down

reesekaine

Post Sun 1 Mar 2020 - 21:33 by reesekaine

Just a note regarding my Free Enterprise set: There isn't a single track from FF4 in this soundtrack, or any Final Fantasy game, for that matter.

It was a pet project to get a custom soundtrack going, and I wound up scraping tracks from as many games as I could think of. I'll probably put out a revised edition later this year once I sit down with more OSTs and ASTs.

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 17 Apr 2020 - 15:49 by darthvaderx

I returned!!!

See the video description for the hacks I mixed, maybe I'll post them in the combined hacks section.

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 19 Jun 2023 - 20:34 by Jorge2222

Hi there seems to be a problem with the patch when putting patches that allow to disable and enable random encounters at will (like Ultima) since when doing so the music stops is there a way to fix it?

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 19 Jun 2023 - 21:46 by darthvaderx

Jorge2222 wrote:Hi there seems to be a problem with the patch when putting patches that allow to disable and enable random encounters at will (like Ultima) since when doing so the music stops is there a way to fix it?

Maybe I can't answer for the people who actually made this hack (I was only involved in my soundtrack version and testing), but I can tell you that it was almost a nightmare to complete it, so I find it almost impossible for anyone to solve it anyway. I myself have to make a new version of my set where there would be a substantial reduction in the files size, more variety of songs and many other things, but I am in no mood to do it. Finally, I advise you to try these cheat codes to see if this is the result you expect:

Pro Action Replay:

No Random Encounters: 7E0B5600

No Random Encounters
Try this code if the other one doesn't work.

7E0B4F42
7E16A901

No Random Encounters: 7E0B4F00
Works in dungeons only.

No Random Encounters: 7E16A900
Works on the Overworld.

Game Genie:

No Random Battles:

C2A8-E764
C2A8-87A4

Hope it works for you.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 20 Jun 2023 - 14:31 by Jorge2222

Thanks

Back to top Go down

StrikerTheHedgefox

Post Tue 18 Jul 2023 - 0:16 by StrikerTheHedgefox

Seems the loop points of the Castle Baron theme in the Synthetic Origin pack are messed up. The song loops in the wrong place, making a jarring jump. Haven't tested other tracks yet. If anyone has a fix, please respond.

Also, the Kurrono V2 pack is extremely loud and distorted. No amount of normalization seems to fix it. Looks like someone has pushed it way beyond the dynamic range and caused horrible clipping and lost data as a result. (Probably to compensate for the quiet MSU-1 bug that has long since been patched.) The pack needs fixing. It's a shame too, because the tracks within would otherwise be quite nice.

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Tue 18 Jul 2023 - 5:11 by Relikk

StrikerTheHedgefox wrote:Seems the loop points of the Castle Baron theme in the Synthetic Origin pack are messed up. The song loops in the wrong place, making a jarring jump. Haven't tested other tracks yet. If anyone has a fix, please respond.

Here's a fixed file: https://mega.nz/file/4nog0TrL#1jJ8jobPFEaQA3mgo2uUrk7OfJfVAhvDzBddNwx5XSs

If there are any more, let me know.

If people don't know how to loop and balance audio properly then they should really just leave it to people that do know.

Back to top Go down

StrikerTheHedgefox

Post Tue 18 Jul 2023 - 16:04 by StrikerTheHedgefox

Relikk wrote:
Here's a fixed file: https://mega.nz/file/4nog0TrL#1jJ8jobPFEaQA3mgo2uUrk7OfJfVAhvDzBddNwx5XSs

If there are any more, let me know.

If people don't know how to loop and balance audio properly then they should really just leave it to people that do know.
Thank you very much!

By the way, did you use any specific tools to set the loop points? I'd like to know, because I might be able to make some of my own corrections as well. I do know the general principle of setting sample offsets and such, similar to looping OGGs in some game engines, just don't have the tools to edit and play the PCM files directly.

Back to top Go down

StrikerTheHedgefox

Post Tue 18 Jul 2023 - 16:17 by StrikerTheHedgefox

Ok, upon further inspection, the loop point is still messed up... not entirely sure why. Maybe a bug with the MSU-1 patch itself or SNES9x? Or is Track #45 another song?

Video/audio demonstration: https://shadowmavericks.com/files/ShareX/2023-07-18_17-22-11.mp4

Last edited by StrikerTheHedgefox on Tue 18 Jul 2023 - 16:45; edited 3 times in total

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next