Killer Instinct (Arcade Mega Patch)

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Killer Instinct (Arcade Mega Patch) - Page 6 Empty Killer Instinct (Arcade Mega Patch)

Patch* and sound/data files:
https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ah8ksmUOX0QQiR-hlWgB-wczn08C
*Apply on headerless US 1.1 ROM

Light patch (only music for SD2SNES)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1sOpDIBma5u_Khazl2hR7HULS5mfZaDWV

MSU-1 IS NOT ONLY FOR PLAYING PCM MUSIC.

You can stream graphics, fmv, sound, sprites. Ignore all previous patches. Released 28/10, as the arcade Killer Instinct release date.
gizaha

Killer Instinct (Arcade Mega Patch) - Page 6 Image111

Since : 2015-05-13

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Killer Instinct (Arcade Mega Patch) :: Comments

Post Mon 29 Jun 2020 - 23:21 by VVV18

My USB SNES adapter burned here,
already providing another one,
crazy to get back to testing.
Thank you Gizaha, this is a masterpiece !!!

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 30 Jun 2020 - 6:50 by niuus

gizaha wrote:He's not floating, it's his shadow.
But his "shadow" is not black, is completely colored as if it was the character appearing from below. Is that the intended behavior?

gizaha wrote:Game is not programmed to have frameskip.
It's okey, just thought i'd report the weird things i saw on my playthrough.

gizaha wrote:Didn't knew that, i don't have a wii. I only test it at bsnes and sd2snes.
I understand, i am just describing the setup used, since i can't test it on real hardware, only on PC or Wii, and maybe later a RPi3 Very Happy

gizaha wrote:Because Glacius has 3 cloud of mist around him, Cinder has flame particles. 3 clouds, 8 blood objects, 1 star object, 2 player objects, hitbox detection and all of these have gravity and ground detection, toghether with a small lag from spc each time it's called to play a hit sfx.
It's cool, i know it is improving. I guess when it runs 100% on the SNES with the SD2SNES, the same will happen with all devices.

Keep up the good work. Until the next patch, thanks again!

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 30 Jun 2020 - 14:08 by gizaha

niuus wrote:But his "shadow" is not black, is completely colored as if it was the character appearing from below. Is that the intended behavior?
Riptor stage.

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 12 Jul 2020 - 1:37 by al1

I´ve recently seen the arcade sized characters of KI Snes photo, is it playable?, if so, it`d be awesome to have that version of KI. Never in the Snes history we´ve seen arcade size characters on any fighting port, honestly, this is exactly what every Snes player want, it would leave everybody in awe. This shows that you don´t need a 32 bit console. Your work is incredible, but if you do this it would be a gigantic leap forward for the Snes.

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 12 Jul 2020 - 9:22 by gizaha

al1 wrote:I´ve recently seen the arcade sized characters of KI Snes photo, is it playable?,
No, it's only TJ Combo idle animation. If it would be easy and fast to import all player frames, i would have KI2 for snes. Because even i include the frames, they will need the arcade moveset to use them, or they will still use the same limited frames.

al1 wrote:
*Never in the Snes history we´ve seen arcade size characters on any fighting port.
*This is exactly what every Snes player want
*It would leave everybody in awe.
*This shows that you don´t need a 32 bit console.
That's exactly my point.

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 13 Jul 2020 - 16:28 by ErivandoBR

gizaha wrote:

That's exactly my point.

This video with the arcade size TJCombo is amazing! Confused

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 7 Sep 2020 - 9:25 by Megacd1024

this still not working for fxpakpro?

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 7 Sep 2020 - 15:17 by gizaha

As Ikari doesn't help, i can't do anything. I sent him a text (at June 26) with some questions, respecting his time and ask him to answer when he has free time. No reply yet. He must be grateful that i help him with his product that returns him money, while not for me.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Mon 7 Sep 2020 - 17:16 by Conn

I do not know when ikari updated last time the firmware, but I think this was one year ago already. There's also a bug in Zelda that requires a fix and also there's SGB support.
However Ikari has a family in the meanwhile and other priorities, so best is to ask him (git or discord).

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Tue 8 Sep 2020 - 5:48 by Relikk

You probably should remind him on Discord. I think the only way to get people to fix things is to keep bugging them about it every so often. I doubt he'd mind anyway, he's a friendly guy.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 8 Sep 2020 - 12:28 by gizaha

Conn wrote:Ikari has a family in the meanwhile and other priorities, so best is to ask him (git or discord).
I may have a family and other priorities too thus we are equal. Next we remove the common denominators and we end up that he hasn't family nor extra priorities. With the difference that sd2snes is a product he sells for money.

Relikk wrote:the only way to get people to fix things is to keep bugging
I'm not gonna keep bugging anyone. It's not polite.

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Tue 8 Sep 2020 - 12:38 by Relikk

Do what you like, but a gentle reminder every now and then isn't considered impolite.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 8 Sep 2020 - 12:54 by gizaha

I take full responsibility of my clear manly word. I talk once. Not repeating, not asking etc.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Tue 8 Sep 2020 - 14:29 by Conn

I know it can be frustrating if you want to help on something and nothing happens Sad but as you point out correctly, it is not your problem, you haven't anything under the line, whether ikari includes your fix or not.

So...
Megacd1024 wrote:this still not working for fxpakpro?
It is not in our powers, since it doesn't work due to a bug in sd2snes. gizaha wrote the fix to ikari and it is now up to him to update the firmware. I'd recommend asking him (politely) over discord, mail or git about progress Wink

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 8 Sep 2020 - 14:54 by roodrigoc

Is it possible to decrease the quality of the soundtrack and videos for the game to be installed in the internal memory of the SNES classic edition? My Snesce has 250MB of total space after upgrading to the latest kernel, if the KI-MSU1 took up less than 80MB in total it would be great

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 8 Sep 2020 - 19:27 by gizaha

I didn't write any fix. I just pointed around the problem and sent a txt with 5-6 questions and suggestions, in order to understand sd2snes code and maybe give suggestions. My problem or not, i tried to help.
It's working at sd2snes but a bit slow and some corruptions due to the bug.

roodrigoc wrote:Is it possible to decrease the quality of the soundtrack and videos...
Short answer no.
Internal sfx are already at 11025hz. I don't want to reduce them, nor you will see significant space decrease.
Pcm tracks can't be reduced.
FMVs can't be reduced. You can delete some of them, like bio fmv and intro but again you will not see significant space decrease.
Frames took a bit of space.
There are more data in the msu file.
In order to take analysis and target less than 80mb, will take months of work to achieve. I can't think a good reason to dowgrade the quality in order to fit in emulator console. Basic idea is to upgrade the game in order to look like the arcade version.

Please don't make me write big messages. All the above was already said many times in the thread.

Back to top Go down

stry8993

Post Tue 8 Sep 2020 - 22:10 by stry8993

Wow, this is absolutely bonkers :O

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 9 Sep 2020 - 6:48 by al1

Recently i've been having some fun with the Tile Layer Pro, took the Street Fighter 2 for Snes and replaced some sprites with some "arcade style" ones, i even put some Ryu ones in arcade size (obviously not every one of them fitted in), looks incredible, but i realized that i needed more sprites to make it fit properly. i'm quite handy when it comes to graphics (TLP), but no as good when it comes to coding. i know very little about Hex Editor (changed some palettes), but my goal is to add more/replace old ones and add frames and bigger sprites to SF2. Is MSU1 the only way way to do this?, can it be done by using Hex editor only?.I just want to make SF2 and other games more "arcade perfect", keep it going, your work is amazing and inspiring.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 9 Sep 2020 - 7:38 by Señor Ventura

al1 wrote:Recently i've been having some fun with the Tile Layer Pro, took the Street Fighter 2 for Snes and replaced some sprites with some "arcade style" ones, i even put some Ryu ones in arcade size (obviously not every one of them fitted in), looks incredible, but i realized that i needed more sprites to make it fit properly. i'm quite handy when it comes to graphics (TLP), but no as good when it comes to coding. i know very little about Hex Editor (changed some palettes), but my goal is to add more/replace old ones and add  frames and bigger sprites to SF2. Is MSU1 the only way way to do this?, can it be done by using Hex editor only?.I just want to make SF2 and other games more "arcade perfect", keep it going, your work is amazing and inspiring.

Open a thread in "msu-1 development" to begin a project: https://www.zeldix.net/f11-msu-1-development

Maybe you can get some support there to attract help from someone else. An arcade version of the street fighter would make some noise in the scene Wink

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 9 Sep 2020 - 12:42 by gizaha

(for sf2) It has quite "arcade version" sprite size already. You only need to add backwards walk frames. The sprite size is correct, comparing to visible screen. If you plan to remove the black bars, better forget it. It's achievable but you open pandora's box.

Also, for all these that thinking "adding bigger sprites" because they look better, think the above:
*You need to write program to extract all frames from arcade.
*You need to resize ALL frames from arcade, in order for snes to has correct ratio.
*You need to write program to convert arcade sprites to snes sprite and especially snes sf2 engine (metasprites, header etc).
*You need to fully understand the game's engine, in order to write code to read sprites from msu when available.
*You need to edit all hitboxes, one by one by hand, since ryu's punch will be higher than smaller sprite's.
*If you add missing frames, you need to edit all movesets one by one by hand, in order to enable animation frames 1,2,3,4,5. Otherwise moveset will keep telling the engine to use frames 1,3,5.
*Tables would not be always arcade perfect, so it's not such easy to copy the tables from arcade. Also you will have trouble with translate arcade pointer addresses.
*Even when you achieve all the above, it will not have such a difference, i believe it will not make serious noise.
Killer Instinct (Arcade Mega Patch) - Page 6 Out11

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Wed 9 Sep 2020 - 13:39 by Conn

I would also have a complete off-topic question to you, if that's ok Smile If you are annoyed and want to leave the topic completely KI related let me know and I open a thread with "burning questions at you" Wink

My problem is BS Zelda, there was a Gigaleak with unused boss tiles and I was mad enough to hack these in:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbgzvTLX9T4

You may notice the slowdowns in the game and I thought about possibilities to make it faster.
- fastrom: no, it is already hirom and fastrom
- SA-1: I asked Vitor Vileta, he said possible but VERY difficult, also his code seem to be too complex for me to adjust. Also I heard from another source that SA-1 is only possible for lorom, also one bszelda version (restoration) is already at 4MB, it must be exHirom and so on to have place for SA-1 code
- main routine: the slowdowns are partly due to wasteful original programming, also the unhacked roms exhibit massive slowdowns when there are too many sprites on screen. I looked into the main routine but it seems very complex to hack it easily.

My question to you would be: do you maybe know of any other way to enhance the speed?

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 9 Sep 2020 - 18:19 by Señor Ventura

gizaha wrote:*Even when you achieve all the above, it will not have such a difference, i believe it will not make serious noise.
Killer Instinct (Arcade Mega Patch) - Page 6 Out11

I think that he looks for not to redrawing too much, and put these bigger... 1 to 1 ratio, like the images that yourself have putted.

Exist an cropped version of the street fighter for ms-dos... i think he means something intermediate between the arcade ratio and the ms-dos ratio.

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 10 Sep 2020 - 7:05 by al1

What i've done so far was nothing too fancy, took some screenshots from Kawaks, and then trasformed them into BMPs and imported them in Tile Layer Pro. It was just an experiment that turned out really well. I know i would have to program many things, but i think a couple of more sprites per character would be awesome. Looking the Snes sprites in detail like Fei Long, Balrog, T Hawk, you can tell that they don't have anything to do in terms of aesthetics with the arcade ones (looks, posture), those i've changed already (stances), obviously in Snes size. Oh, i forgot Guile, tremendous difference.

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 10 Sep 2020 - 11:40 by gizaha

I already know that he meant this and predicted that somone will say what you said.
That's why i said in the first time for black bars and pandora's box.
1:1 can't be achieved. Snes uses 256x224. SF sprites unfortunately lose their details.

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 11 Sep 2020 - 6:47 by al1

What if i want to change a certain sound of the game?, like replacing one for one of the arcade's, it's like changing a palette on the Hex Editor?.

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next