Killer Instinct (Arcade Mega Patch)

Page 7 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Killer Instinct (Arcade Mega Patch) - Page 7 Empty Killer Instinct (Arcade Mega Patch)

Patch* and sound/data files:
https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ah8ksmUOX0QQiR-hlWgB-wczn08C
*Apply on headerless US 1.1 ROM

Light patch (only music for SD2SNES)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1sOpDIBma5u_Khazl2hR7HULS5mfZaDWV

MSU-1 IS NOT ONLY FOR PLAYING PCM MUSIC.

You can stream graphics, fmv, sound, sprites. Ignore all previous patches. Released 28/10, as the arcade Killer Instinct release date.
gizaha

Killer Instinct (Arcade Mega Patch) - Page 7 Image111

Since : 2015-05-13

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Killer Instinct (Arcade Mega Patch) :: Comments

Post Mon 14 Sep 2020 - 8:36 by Señor Ventura

gizaha wrote:I already know that he meant this and predicted that somone will say what you said.
That's why i said in the first time for black bars and pandora's box.
1:1 can't be achieved. Snes uses 256x224. SF sprites unfortunately lose their details.

Maybe at some point between the size of snes and the arcade's version size could gain enough detail to be worth (like those two tj combo that you posted before ripped from the arcade).

Killer Instinct (Arcade Mega Patch) - Page 7 3Qnjrr

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sat 10 Oct 2020 - 19:10 by Conn

Just noticed that patch has been updated (2020/10/03):
https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ah8ksmUOX0QQiR-hlWgB-wczn08C

Knockdown code (seavor only for now, till superfamiconv correct a bug) *Arcade code*
Jago burned frames
Jago throw car frames
car all frames!
Thunder win pose frames
Cinder inferno fatality added flame "particles"
Cinder body particles bug during ready, fixed
Cleaner cinder 360 frames
Glacius b+hp frames
Glacius freezed frames
Glacius hk puddle punch move more frames (+juggle)
Combo freezed frames
Fulgore death from eye laser (head explode)
Fulgore hit by car frames
Eyedol lp, mp, hp, bf+hp, b+hp more frames
more frames blood 01, blood 38
checks for missing pcm tracks after blue screen
fix scratch noise at blue screen
restored to stock "oppoment must touch ground" move rule that i disabled. Orchid cannot make ultimate with oppoment in the air.
fix moveset opcode CD bug!
Sabrewulf mouth blood
Glacius clouds arcade accurate speed
Character select up+L / up+X swapped (Glacius stages select)
invisible cinder have no shadow
some speed tweaks
fix vs fmv slowdown
Character select, correct character animation speed

Back to top Go down

Retroplay

Post Sat 10 Oct 2020 - 19:44 by Retroplay

Thanks for the heads up. Very Happy

Btw, does anyone here happen to have a titletune pcm better suited for the Lite SD2SNES patch ?
The title tune just keeps looping a short excerpt with the Lite patch, ie the guitars are never heard.

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 11 Oct 2020 - 6:36 by gizaha

Retroplay wrote:Thanks for the heads up. Very Happy

Btw, does anyone here happen to have a titletune pcm better suited for the Lite SD2SNES patch ?
The title tune just keeps looping a short excerpt with the Lite patch, ie the guitars are never heard.

What do you mean? Can you provide a video?

The title screen pcm has the loop point set at correct position, so normally the loop must work exactly the same everywhere. The problem is elsewhere.

Back to top Go down

Retroplay

Post Sun 11 Oct 2020 - 12:16 by Retroplay

Sure, see this video
https://streamable.com/wwma08

BSNES v115, latest compiled from Git.
Patch, SD2SNES Light patch, dated 20190221
Audio PCM, latest from your 1drv link

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 11 Oct 2020 - 14:18 by gizaha

I'm not gonna have conversation about that. Please delete his comment and mine.

Back to top Go down

Retroplay

Post Sun 11 Oct 2020 - 14:29 by Retroplay

Sorry but did I do anything wrong ? Confused

Back to top Go down

alvarogold

Post Sun 11 Oct 2020 - 18:08 by alvarogold

hello, im testing the new updated and i notice we lost a lot of features (arcade combos) some bugs Ex: cinders ultimate and the game now have more slowdown than before.

i hope this issues can be fixed soon, and thanks for removing the horrible sound when the game starts in the blue screen lol

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 12 Oct 2020 - 7:32 by yoalieh

Hello, @gizaha, just to let you know that ikari has fixed the bug on the sd2snes you found on the development branch of github. Anyway, let us see when that patch will do into the release, as he has been adding a lot of code on it, and I'm pretty sure it will take a bit. Thumbs up for finding and reporting the bug. :-)

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 12 Oct 2020 - 11:16 by gizaha

alvarogold wrote:hello, im testing the new updated and i notice we lost a lot of features (arcade combos)
PM me 5-6 combos.

alvarogold wrote:we lost a lot of features (arcade combos) some bugs Ex: cinders ultimate and the game now have more slowdown than before.
I cannot make error-correction to this sentence, i'm sorry.

yoalieh wrote:Hello, @gizaha, just to let you know that ikari has fixed the bug on the sd2snes you found on the development branch of github.
I know.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 13 Oct 2020 - 19:23 by gizaha

For slowdowns i suggest use retroarch with snes9x and "reduce slowdown" enabled. It runs the game like it has overclocked cpu. Even stock rom has lag frames.

I put a new patch, hold L+R before fight to run it with reduced effects. You don't need to re-download the ki.msu (patch a stock rom, not over the patched)

Cinder's ultimate second sound is created by the burned oppoment. Since i only put Jago frames, only him works well. When i find time i will put all the other player's frames.

Back to top Go down

GameGenie720

Post Sun 18 Oct 2020 - 10:23 by GameGenie720

I've been working with gizaha on implementing combos from the arcade and I can say that they're coming out quite well. Click the link for a teaser. This was done on a test build. P.S. sorry for the bad quality, I'm recording with my phone.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/16mWWgXgsqhupkwQUJOdyzznTEPq-dM4n?usp=sharing

Last edited by GameGenie720 on Sun 18 Oct 2020 - 17:32; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

alvarogold

Post Sun 18 Oct 2020 - 15:08 by alvarogold

GameGenie720 wrote:I've been working with gizaha on implementing combos from the arcade and I can say that they're coming out quite well. Clink on the link for a teaser. This was done on a test version. P.S. sorry for the bad quality, I'm recording with my phone.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Gf8JebBbe-6pDHiYoKxSzP-RmxIVTMd8/view?usp=sharing

very good stuff man!

Back to top Go down

GameGenie720

Post Sun 18 Oct 2020 - 16:38 by GameGenie720

@alvarogold Thnx bro. I upated the link in my last post with another Ultra from TJ.

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 18 Oct 2020 - 21:03 by Señor Ventura

Those animations... great great work! Smile

Back to top Go down

Polargames

Post Sun 18 Oct 2020 - 23:43 by Polargames

Nice Job, Wow that is looking great. Would it be fair to say that this is almost a whole rebuilt of said game. I mean what the game should of been when it was first made.

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 19 Oct 2020 - 11:22 by gizaha

Thanks. But snes can do a lot better.

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post Wed 21 Oct 2020 - 10:58 by gizaha

fullgamezone wrote:this game to run more fluid and fast should create a patch that includes the ST or SA-1 chips, adding 10 mhz or 20 mhz.
Why you think i didn't thought, or i didn't work on it? There are other reasons i didn't finish it. I think of all enhacement chips.

Back to top Go down

Polargames

Post Wed 21 Oct 2020 - 23:51 by Polargames

gizaha wrote:Thanks. But snes can do a lot better.

I see; was the snes under utilize by Nintendo during its life cycle? In what way can it do better? Smile

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 22 Oct 2020 - 12:07 by gizaha

Polargames wrote:
gizaha wrote:Thanks. But snes can do a lot better.

I see; was the snes under utilize by Nintendo during its life cycle? In what way can it do better? Smile
A simple example: You liked this patch. In theory, it's viable to run KI with full size sprites, in full frames. Instead of using transparency for background clouds etc, you can use transparency for transparent effects. So snes can mimic arcade KI in a big way.
A second example, KI could use 8mb cartridge. Or KI2 for snes, who knows. Then it would have almost full frames. And a game designed by Rareware back then would sure be better than a patch made from a random guy like me.

Only weakness of snes was the storage space. You can see what it can do with msu.
It can easily run (almost)arcade perfect some famous Midway games. Hangtime, Mortal Kombats, Rampage world tour etc.
We talk about a cheap console from 1990 that is able to decent run arcades of 1996.

It wasn't underutilized, simply the storage was expensive back then. It has expansion ports, it was designed with upgrade in mind. It even can accept audio input from ext (thus msu was born)

Back to top Go down

GameGenie720

Post Thu 22 Oct 2020 - 16:11 by GameGenie720

Here's a Spinal combo utilizing elements from the arcade. In some ways better than the arcade. I provided 2 videos of the same combo, one done on Arcade and the other on SNES. If you compare the two you can see where the SNES ender knocks the opponent in the air, allowing for enough time to do a reversal and another ender! As to where the arcade only slightly hits him up. Enjoy!

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1UH3Vkhu2f8LlwtzjKHPlYZ1jxWrHA_ud?usp=sharing

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post Wed 28 Oct 2020 - 13:59 by WWammy

I'm loving the progress made so far but I am eagerly awaiting the day this will be fully playable on a real Super Nintendo.
Thanks for all of the great work so far.

Also for the light patch can it also include the FMV's between matches without gameplay tweaks?

That would add a lot to the overall presentation

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Wed 28 Oct 2020 - 16:21 by Conn

The reason for the lite patch is that sd2snes cannot play the fmv, so this should answer your question.

Ikari found out the bug, and hopefully it is fixed in the next firmware so with some luckyou can enjoy the normal patch soon.
However you must reach out for ikari to ask for progress, we have no influence on sd2snes development

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next