Killer Instinct (Arcade Mega Patch)

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Killer Instinct (Arcade Mega Patch) - Page 8 Empty Killer Instinct (Arcade Mega Patch)

Patch* and sound/data files:
https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ah8ksmUOX0QQiR-hlWgB-wczn08C
*Apply on headerless US 1.1 ROM

Light patch (only music for SD2SNES)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1sOpDIBma5u_Khazl2hR7HULS5mfZaDWV

MSU-1 IS NOT ONLY FOR PLAYING PCM MUSIC.

You can stream graphics, fmv, sound, sprites. Ignore all previous patches. Released 28/10, as the arcade Killer Instinct release date.
gizaha

Killer Instinct (Arcade Mega Patch) - Page 8 Image111

Since : 2015-05-13

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Killer Instinct (Arcade Mega Patch) :: Comments

Polargames

Post Wed 28 Oct 2020 - 16:38 by Polargames

gizaha wrote:
Polargames wrote:
gizaha wrote:Thanks. But snes can do a lot better.

I see; was the snes under utilize by Nintendo during its life cycle? In what way can it do better? Smile
A simple example: You liked this patch. In theory, it's viable to run KI with full size sprites, in full frames. Instead of using transparency for background clouds etc, you can use transparency for transparent effects. So snes can mimic arcade KI in a big way.
A second example, KI could use 8mb cartridge. Or KI2 for snes, who knows. Then it would have almost full frames. And a game designed by Rareware back then would sure be better than a patch made from a random guy like me.

Only weakness of snes was the storage space. You can see what it can do with msu.
It can easily run (almost)arcade perfect some famous Midway games. Hangtime, Mortal Kombats, Rampage world tour etc.
We talk about a cheap console from 1990 that is able to decent run arcades of 1996.

It wasn't underutilized, simply the storage was expensive back then. It has expansion ports, it was designed with upgrade in mind. It even can accept audio input from ext (thus msu was born)

I see, wow thank you very much for your answer. I have learned a lot Smile.

Back to top Go down

Retroplay

Post Wed 28 Oct 2020 - 18:17 by Retroplay

To answer my own question earlier about the way too short title tune for FXPak & SD2SNES Light patch..
Here's pcm 13 with title in full length, use with Light patch only.
https://mega.nz/file/20klTQaL#WXgFhlP_TmD0OdXZfNJEx9KYs-pyE9zuWnMLqx8xB7M

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 29 Oct 2020 - 1:48 by WWammy

Conn wrote:The reason for the lite patch is that sd2snes cannot play the fmv, so this should answer your question.

Ikari found out the bug, and hopefully it is fixed in the next firmware so with some luckyou can enjoy the normal patch soon.
However you must reach out for ikari to ask for progress, we have no influence on sd2snes development

Ah okay I hope they get it fixed soon but that said I did try the original patch the FMV played fine on SD2SNES however it crashed during gameplay that aside.

I'm must be doing something wrong when I applied the light patch the music was out of order ?

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Thu 29 Oct 2020 - 4:56 by Conn

The lite patch was the very first patch by gizaha, we keep it only to have some sort of sd2snes patch available, so there can be some bugs. I never tried it, @Retroplay surely can tell you more.

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 29 Oct 2020 - 5:08 by WWammy

Conn wrote:The lite patch was the very first patch by gizaha, we keep it only to have some sort of sd2snes patch available, so there can be some bugs. I never tried it, @Retroplay surely can tell you more.

Hmm I guess I'll wait for it to work correctly on a flash cart or if a real cart is ever made.

That aside I am wondering if it could be put onto a real SNES cart to work.
Killer Instinct was a big deal for me when it came out advertising the N64 and I was sad to see that the N64 failed to live up to the promise of having Killer Instinct on it.

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 31 Oct 2020 - 3:03 by niuus

More progress for this monster MSU-1 patch (2020/10/26)

more spc tweaks for speed
fix humiliation bug (vs TJ Combo)
new player width (table taken from arcade). Now can be more closer
removed all player's opcode 97 from sweeps Now you can break combo with sweep, start combo with linker
tweak TJ Combo moveset for more arcade combos
new orchid move 12, close qp
tweak Spinal moveset for arcade combos
tweak Glacius moveset for arcade combos
tweak Thunder moveset for arcade combos
knockdown, removed debug start button
knockdown, play winner sound
Don't load killer instinct sample at character select music, faster load
Eyedol death particles from right point (65%x75% sprites)
Eyedol death 1 fmv, correct bg1 scroll
Riptor stage better hdma for shadow position
title screen, you can press keys sooner before full brightness
Tj Combo dizzy frames
Glacius ice cubes from Thunder fatality
Cleaner title screen

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 7 Nov 2020 - 5:51 by al1

Great job on the last KI update, i remember that in the arcade version the CPU chooses randomly the colours of your rivals, can you do something about that?. One other thing, since i've seen your great work on Street Fighter Alpha 2, can you please do something about Mortal Kombat 1 (weird gameplay, weird finishers, no blood drops, no characters FMVs bios, arcade screens), and the terrible slowdowns for MK2?.

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 7 Nov 2020 - 6:18 by al1

I've seen that on top of this page you spoke about the Snes capabilities (carts memory, etc), something that i've already knew, but!!!... 99% of the world seem to ignore it. It is way too important to "re educate" many players because it's a shame that many people think of the Snes as a Nes with more colours, just by watching Youtube videos you can easily see that nobody knows anything and they don't even have any common sense, and many other times (in the majority of cases) there seem to be some obsesion to downgrade the Snes with really well produced videos. Is it really that bad knowing that the Snes can run almost arcade perfect or even arcade perfect games from the 90s?. But many people try to deny it!!!. I even have a Club Nintendo Magazine (Latin American Nintendo Power) from early 90s where they say that the Snes won't launch Street Fighter 2 because the Snes won't run it, i mean, what!!!. an old concept but, you can still see it today.

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 7 Nov 2020 - 9:03 by Señor Ventura

al1 wrote:Great job on the last KI update, i remember that in the arcade version the CPU chooses randomly the colours of your rivals, can you do something about that?. One other thing, since i've seen your great work on Street Fighter Alpha 2, can you please do something about Mortal Kombat 1 (weird gameplay, weird finishers, no blood drops, no characters FMVs bios, arcade screens), and the terrible slowdowns for MK2?.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

Please, stop.

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 7 Nov 2020 - 18:11 by Pabletex

I want to patch the music only for my sd2snes, but there is no ".msu" file into the patch Sad

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Sat 7 Nov 2020 - 18:45 by Relikk

As long as the game has no FMV, or if you don't want FMV or other streaming other than PCM files then the .msu file is always empty. You can create one yourself or you can copy another one from another game that has none of those features mentioned above. Then you just rename it to the game you want to use it for.

If you want to create one yourself, and presuming you're on Windows, here are the steps...

- Create a new text document
- Open it and leave it empty
- Go to "File" > "Save As"
- Name it to match your patched ROM and PCM files with a ".msu" file extension in the file name field
- Change the file type from "Text Documents (*.txt)" to "All Files"
- Save

There's your MSU file.

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 22 Nov 2020 - 6:50 by 90s comeback

I tried the latest version of KI, from october, worked bizarrely, the sprites don't appear or are broken like. Could it be the patch, the emulator?, it just won't work. Can you please help me?.

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Sun 22 Nov 2020 - 7:22 by Relikk

No problems here, using BSNES Plus.

Are you sure you're patching the correct ROM (headerless USA v1.1/Rev. 1/Rev. A)? Which emulator are you using? Have you included the updated MSU file inside your folder along with your ROM and PCM files?

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 22 Nov 2020 - 19:23 by gizaha

New version released (named in honour of) 24 of November.

Game has an auto-save feature.
No icon will be displayed during save, because there is no need to (we live at 2020).
You can turn the game off WHENEVER you want, even during save. Save file WILL NOT be corrupted of course.
Even if it will, it will load the last known-good save. If its corrupted also, it will load defaults.

The savegame code was written in a afternoon by a random person without previous experience at this kind ot code.
I'm not a coder nor i studied it. However the game saves as it should within milliseconds and seems foolproof.
Now imagine how poorly "written" is today's games save routines by "developers".

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 6 Dec 2020 - 19:56 by gizaha

For your information, there is no such a think as "light patch".
I do not support it, it was written long time ago without an assembler, by hand, at a bad hex editor (without even copy paste) IN MACHINE LANGUAGE. Not assembly, but machine language. And before i discover bsnes debugger. All brances was calculated by hand. So It's amateur and obsolete. There is no reason to use it. Use the big one it's better.

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 9 Jan 2021 - 8:14 by 90s comeback

Excuse me it took me a while to respond (technical issues), i get the "lunar ips is a bad patcher" kinda message while patching, guess it must be the patcher after all. Thanks again.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sat 9 Jan 2021 - 10:31 by Conn

For your information, there is no such a think as "light patch". So It's amateur and obsolete. There is no reason to use it.
Is the sd2snes bug fixed now and your latest patch version works on it? If yes I happily remove it, if not I'd not consider it obsolete as this would be the only way to have KI with msu1 support on sd2snes...

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 9 Jan 2021 - 11:05 by gizaha

Still not yet. Check https://sd2snes.de/blog/downloads for a firmware newer than 1.10.3
And you can pressure Ikari, he's responsible for sd2snes.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sat 9 Jan 2021 - 11:24 by Conn

Oh yes, it is still April 2019 last update Crying or Very sad no sgb support and all these other fixes. I really hope he will update soon. Ah well.

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 10 Jan 2021 - 7:00 by 90s comeback

I've noticed how fluent the characters' movements are, is it really as hard as it looks to insert more frames in the game?, cause i'd like to add more frames into the TMNT Tuntles in Time for Snes.Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Polargames

Post Mon 11 Jan 2021 - 0:07 by Polargames

90s comeback wrote:I've noticed how fluent the characters' movements are, is it really as hard as it looks to insert more frames in the game?, cause i'd like to add more frames into the TMNT Tuntles in Time for Snes.Thanks.

Hello 90's kid. While I am not an expert on the subject matter. I can say from working on different hacks that yes, its as hard as it looks on adding things (frames) into a game. When it comes to code, its like trying to pick a lock. Each lock is different and works differently. A person has to carefully study and move slowly when adding to the main code. If you move to fast you can break the game ( like breaking a pick in a lock) or you can cause the game to freeze and not work. ( jamming you lock pick into the lock.) While all locks have the same end result, locking/unlocking things, so too does code, which in this case allows a person to play and enjoy the game. I hope this clears things up for you. :-)

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 13 Jan 2021 - 6:12 by 90s comeback

Yea it does, thanks Polargames. Still, wanna figure out how it's done...

Back to top Go down

Polargames

Post Wed 13 Jan 2021 - 19:48 by Polargames

90s comeback wrote:Yea it does, thanks Polargames. Still, wanna figure out how it's done...

Your very welcome. Happy to help. This might help you on how ASM works. https://ersanio.gitbook.io/assembly-for-the-snes/ Was given this when I first came on here. Its very good. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 16 Jan 2021 - 5:58 by 90s comeback

Thanks again Polargames, i'll give it a try!.

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 16 Jan 2021 - 6:28 by 90s comeback

By the way, looks like Maximilian Dood made a video "testing" Gizaha's contribution to Street Fighter Alpha 2 for Snes, properly giving credit to Gizaha for his discoveries. But the point is, then he started mocking at the Super Nintendo saying that the console wasn't ready for SFA2 (graphics, sounds/music,, gameplay) in any way and it shouldn't have existed for Snes, the thing is, here we all know that the Snes is perfectly capable of having CPS2 games (arcade perfect or almost), but when you have someone so popular saying these kind of "things", many people start to think those lies as well. I'm really fed up of these people who don't know anything at all and don't even care, i'm sorry but these kind of "funny videos" get on my nerves. It's not my intention to pressure Gizaha to respond or to do something about it, but i think if Maximilian Dood would take a look at this forum he could learn a lot from it.

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next