The Legend of Zelda - A Link To The Islands

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The Legend of Zelda - A Link To The Islands - Page 2 Empty The Legend of Zelda - A Link To The Islands

Patch download (v2.5, final):
Code:
https://mega.nz/file/a8khAJAA#F9rlgnvsw-1KeZGzwDDeN_WILL4xPD0b9H3hCIOiPv8
The patch needs to be applied on ALTTP (US), no header. You need a UPS patcher.

A Link to the Islands MSU-1 soundpack
Code:
https://mega.nz/file/2t0jlCZI#tqPDWsmFPc3TkBU4Hu2zEV1hF7p5nWgF3iHdNeUcJno

ROM information:
Code:
Name: Legend of Zelda, The - A Link to the Past (U) [!]
Size: 1,048,576 bytes
Checksum: CRC32 777AAC2F

Update 1/20/2021: I'm getting lots of complaints from YouTube viewers saying "they can't find the small key in Hyrule Castle." You have to kill all the green soldiers, bomb soldiers, and cannon soldiers to get both chests to appear, one of which contains a small key. I even updated the readme Word document to include this hint.

Update 1/31/2021: An improperly staircase in the Ice Palace has now been fixed. Going upstairs from B6 to B5 would actually take you to Ganon's room. Special thanks to FunkieCluckie for the heads up.

A Link to the Islands is a Wind Waker-inspired hack of A Link to the Past. It was originally called Lyra Islands and developed by SePH in 2004-2005, but it wasn't finished. In 2015, I took over the Lyra Islands project with the goal of finishing the game one day. I ended up making completely new overworlds and dungeons in addition to restoring the original LTTP graphics and renaming the game A Link to the Islands.

Expect to see:
  • New overworld designs and maps.
  • New Dark World design (Areas 43, 45, & 47 ONLY!).
  • Hyrule Castle re-located.
  • Kakariko Town re-located.
  • New Lost Woods-style puzzle.
  • Eight new dungeons and one mini-dungeon.
  • Ganon gets his own tower in the Dark World.
  • New monologue and in-game clues.
  • New sprites.
  • MSU-1 support.
  • ASM hacks added.
  • New ending cutscenes.
  • Customized ending credits.

A few irreparable problems that popped up during development are documented in the readme included in the zip file. These problems do not affect gameplay and the game can be completed normally.

Unlike Parallel Worlds and Goddess of Wisdom, both of which are notorious for their unforgiving difficulty levels, A Link to the Islands is a game that's fair to everyone. There are no super tricks, stunts, or logic (i.e. masked objects, bomb jumping), while still having a decent level of difficulty. Though, some backtracking may be required at times. Still, you won't ever have to use save states. You will not be frustrated while playing.

Last edited by Darklink7884 on Tue 5 Jul 2022 - 23:34; edited 24 times in total
Darklink7884

The Legend of Zelda - A Link To The Islands - Page 2 Image213

Since : 2016-04-01

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

The Legend of Zelda - A Link To The Islands :: Comments

sinistra

Post Sat 12 Dec 2020 - 5:00 by sinistra

It's a nice gameplay, but there are some issue's:

1. When entering the castle courtyard the cloud overlay makes it difficult to see, think this needs to be changed.

I just got trough the sanctuary and headed into the village:

Heart race:

The Legend of Zelda - A Link To The Islands - Page 2 Untitled2

In the village, when leaving this house, you are pulled back in, creating a soft-lock.

The Legend of Zelda - A Link To The Islands - Page 2 3bb35e3d1d17e682aeda624d72dd413c

And the over-world map is totally useless, when i am in the village my head should be under water according the map.

If i find more i will edit this post.

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 14 Dec 2020 - 3:40 by Darklink7884

sinistra wrote:It's a nice gameplay, but there are some issue's:

1. When entering the castle courtyard the cloud overlay makes it difficult to see, think this needs to be changed.

I just got trough the sanctuary and headed into the village:

Heart race:

The Legend of Zelda - A Link To The Islands - Page 2 Untitled2

In the village, when leaving this house, you are pulled back in, creating a soft-lock.

The Legend of Zelda - A Link To The Islands - Page 2 3bb35e3d1d17e682aeda624d72dd413c

And the over-world map is totally useless, when i am in the village my head should be under water according the map.

If i find more i will edit this post.

Sorry, I am just now seeing your post. I contacted Conn and Puzzledude on the Discord server regarding the useless overworld map and the two bugs/softlocks (bombable wall in Angry Brothers' home stays intact, and leaving former Thieves' hideout in the village pulls you back in). Hopefully they'll get back to me soon.

I also plan on adding a Zelda 1 Lost Woods-style puzzle to Area 3F (the Infinity Beach), but then I would also have to blank out Areas 35, 37, and 3F (as well as Area 30, where the Ice Palace is now found). I get that the cloud overlay in the castle garden makes it hard to see, but I have no plans to change/fix it anytime soon.

This is actually a beta release. The final version will be released by the end of the year.

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 14 Dec 2020 - 6:20 by Darklink7884

I finally fixed the softlock. I ended up re-assigning Room 281 (the former Thieves' hideout) to Entrance 45, which was previously unused in this game. You are no longer pushed back into the house when you try to leave; therefore, you no longer have to Save & Quit to exit the house.

Back to top Go down

sinistra

Post Mon 14 Dec 2020 - 10:06 by sinistra

Darklink7884 wrote:I finally fixed the softlock. I ended up re-assigning Room 281 (the former Thieves' hideout) to Entrance 45, which was previously unused in this game. You are no longer pushed back into the house when you try to leave; therefore, you no longer have to Save & Quit to exit the house.

Nice job!.

Not sure if this is the "endless beach", but it's somewhere down/right on map
And if you keep going right, the screen becomes weird, blacks-out and you get stuck.

https://i.gyazo.com/bf0a1af12aad196ec60aacc078d88b68.gif

Also the first dungeon where there is a row of four green cyclops statue's
Spoiler:
you can see beyond the wall revealing the secret right before you enter the room.

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 14 Dec 2020 - 11:12 by Darklink7884

I know you can see beyond the secret wall in the East Palace. Unless I change the room's design, which I don't plan on doing anytime soon, nothing can be done about it. I'm still trying to add Euclid's ASM for the Lost Woods puzzle at the Endless Beach (think Zelda 1).

Back to top Go down

sinistra

Post Mon 14 Dec 2020 - 11:26 by sinistra

Darklink7884 wrote:I know you can see beyond the secret wall in the East Palace. Unless I change the room's design, which I don't plan on doing anytime soon, nothing can be done about it. I'm still trying to add Euclid's ASM for the Lost Woods puzzle at the Endless Beach (think Zelda 1).

Ok, no problem, i'm just sharing the things i find.

Is there a list with known issue's?

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 14 Dec 2020 - 11:54 by Darklink7884

Yes, these known issues are documented in the readme.

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 14 Dec 2020 - 12:03 by Darklink7884

On another note, the bombable wall in the Angry Bros.' room, just before the heart racing game, is beyond repair.

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 17 Dec 2020 - 13:05 by Darklink7884

I thoroughly beta tested A Link to the Islands. Aside from the bugged bombable wall in the house just before the heart race, which I am no longer able to fix (fuck Hyrule Magic), there are no game-breaking bugs in the game. I fixed the softlock in the former Thieves' hideout at the village, and I even added the Lost Woods puzzle in area 3F.

I will be posting it to YouTube later today, so stay tuned.

Back to top Go down

sinistra

Post Sun 20 Dec 2020 - 5:57 by sinistra

Darklink7884 wrote:I thoroughly beta tested A Link to the Islands. Aside from the bugged bombable wall in the house just before the heart race, which I am no longer able to fix (fuck Hyrule Magic), there are no game-breaking bugs in the game. I fixed the softlock in the former Thieves' hideout at the village, and I even added the Lost Woods puzzle in area 3F.

I will be posting it to YouTube later today, so stay tuned.

Has this issue been fixed in the coming release ?

Somewhere down/right on map if you keep going right, the screen becomes weird, blacks-out and you get stuck.

https://i.gyazo.com/bf0a1af12aad196ec60aacc078d88b68.gif

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 20 Dec 2020 - 10:45 by Darklink7884

I added a Lost Woods puzzle to that area, and I created a new UPS patch (same download link as before).

Back to top Go down

sinistra

Post Sun 20 Dec 2020 - 10:46 by sinistra

Darklink7884 wrote:I added a Lost Woods puzzle to that area, and I created a new UPS patch (same download link as before).

Spin Yes

Back to top Go down

sinistra

Post Tue 22 Dec 2020 - 5:44 by sinistra

I've tried adding the MSU files to the ROM which do work, but now i cannot load my save:

https://ibb.co/TL0PKRC

When i remove the MSU files i can load the save state agian, is that normal?

I'm using Snes9X v1.58 for Windows.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 22 Dec 2020 - 15:42 by Darklink7884

Yes.

Back to top Go down

sinistra

Post Wed 23 Dec 2020 - 6:28 by sinistra

Confused

From moving from one room into another room, it skipped the entire room see red arrow: https://ibb.co/FHYSCPg and i got pushed stuck between the door and the wall in the ice palace, only way to get out is to use the mirror.

https://ibb.co/nwZ3tFL

Back to top Go down

sinistra

Post Wed 23 Dec 2020 - 6:39 by sinistra

Great, now i got stuck in this Zelda 1 form:

https://ibb.co/THDGVG5 even dying or mirroring doesn't help.. had to save and quit. Blue2

Back to top Go down

sinistra

Post Sat 26 Dec 2020 - 4:49 by sinistra

I'm almost at the end of this great hack, and i must give credits to the person who continued this hack.

You have done some great work and put alot of effort into this game, altough there are some minor bug's that can effect game play i enjoyed playing this one very much.

Some parts are pretty difficult and require some skill, there are a lot of kill-all-enemies-to-open-door game's were it takes significant amount of time before the last one appears, but it didn't bother me at all.

Overall, great hack, recommend it, but expect some flaws here and there.

Hidden:

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 26 Dec 2020 - 14:09 by Darklink7884

Very Happy Smile Spin Yes

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sat 26 Dec 2020 - 18:18 by Conn

I'm not sure whether you read my reply at discord about fastrom (https://www.zeldix.net/t672-alttp-fastrom).

There are massive slowdowns in lyra which are fixed with this hack. Unfortunately game crashes with native fastrom patch on menu, so I fixed it (attached). Please check it whether there are any further crashes. I strongly recommend a backup Wink
Attachments
The Legend of Zelda - A Link To The Islands - Page 2 Attachment
lyra_Fast.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(12 Kb) Downloaded 5 times

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 1 Jan 2021 - 23:12 by Darklink7884

A day later than I had hoped (it was due yesterday (12/31/2020), but A Link to the Islands is finally ready for public release. The screenshots, project description, and download link above have been updated.

Patch download (v2.0, final):
Code:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ai3idpRXoXu17XRkFnWX8NXoEnZG?e=KjQ8bp
The patch needs to be applied on ALTTP (US), no header. You need a UPS patcher.

ROM information:
Code:
Name: Legend of Zelda, The - A Link to the Past (U) [!]
Size: 1,048,576 bytes
Checksum: CRC32 777AAC2F

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 2 Jan 2021 - 14:29 by darknior

Thanks a lot for your update Smile
But i can't use it, so strange it's the first time i've a bug with a hack ...

I have the good rom with good CRC
I use the online patcher and try also with tsukuyomi

https://www.marcrobledo.com/RomPatcher.js/

And every time i patch my ROM the CRC change but the game is always the original one Sad
Maybe you made a mistake ?
Can you share an IPS patch or other to let me try ?
Thanks a lot

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 2 Jan 2021 - 14:59 by Darklink7884

I tested the patch with a fresh US rom with no header, and everything works perfectly on my end.

Are you sure you're using the correct rom? An original US rom with no header is 1,048,576 bytes in size and has the CRC32 777AAC2F checksum. If you try to patch to any other rom, the result will be no operation since the patcher has concluded that your rom is incompatible with the patch.

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 2 Jan 2021 - 17:44 by darknior

Yes it is

CRC32 777AAC2F
MD5    608C22B8FF930C62DC2DE54BCD6EBA72
1 048 576 octets
No Header

I've try again and again, and now it works, i really don't understand why.
Sorry to bugging you

Last edited by darknior on Sat 2 Jan 2021 - 19:17; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 2 Jan 2021 - 19:15 by Darklink7884

I created a new UPS patch, then I tested again with a fresh US rom with no header to make sure it works properly. I'm currently uploading the new patch to the cloud drive.

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 2 Jan 2021 - 19:16 by Darklink7884

I don't have another UPS patcher, the tsukuyomi one is the only one I have.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next