Mega Man IV (NES) CD Audio

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Mega Man IV (NES) CD Audio Empty Re: Mega Man IV (NES) CD Audio

Post by Conn Thu 26 Aug 2021 - 9:51

Yes, there is a SNES Megaman 4 MSU version out there. The author worked together with myself086, and coded it from scratch for SNES. Unfortunately it is completely independent from project nested nes... And incorporated original, copyrighted NES code.
Since we'd need to provide the full ROM (since there is no base ROM to make a patch against) we decided to not list the rom, but rather wait for pnn 1.4 and make a MSU patch then for use with pnn.

If anybody nevertheless wants to play this, use Google (but please don't share the link to the ROM here). Thanks Smile
Conn
Conn

Mega Man IV (NES) CD Audio Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Thu 26 Aug 2021 - 17:29

Why not, but if you'd think about... He made a MSU patch. Unfortunately zeldix can be regarded as market leader (unfortunately, because we almost have no competition (outdated romhacking patches maybe), I'd like to see more sites actually offering patches and pcm:s). If we are down... I think MSU dies with us more or less.

Anyways, what I meant with thinking... Don't you think he's already aware of our forum already if he made a MSU patch? Wink If he wanted to register he already had done so.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by JUD6MENT Thu 26 Aug 2021 - 18:17

Conn wrote:Why not, but if you'd think about... He made a MSU patch. Unfortunately zeldix can be regarded as market leader (unfortunately, because we almost have no competition (outdated romhacking patches maybe), I'd like to see more sites actually offering patches and pcm:s). If we are down... I think MSU dies with us more or less.

Anyways, what I meant with thinking... Don't you think he's already aware of our forum already if he made a MSU patch? Wink If he wanted to register he already had done so.

Yeah, i have always thought how much of a shame it would be if this website died and what would happen to all this work. I wish romhacking.net would be more user friendly for msu-1 hacks. I tried posting there once and they reject me as pcm downloads are not allowed. It also creates a problem that those that are posted there have to have separate links in the readme file and updating what is posted there is very hard to do and our patches do get updated sometimes, as well as pcm sets.
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

Since : 2018-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Fri 27 Aug 2021 - 18:33

Let's hope we won't get forced down and sued to a penalty like it happens to cherryroms. Therefore I do not like to host/link this genuine patch on our page. The only way I see is a base ROM construct, in which you can inject the NES code via another program. I hope the author goes for this solution, would be awesome if ymwe could list that patch Smile
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Myself086 Sat 28 Aug 2021 - 1:50

I can't imagine him making a proper patch. He made this entire hack by poking bytes in  HxD. He has no source code, inaccurate notes at best. Sob

Myself086
Cucumber
Cucumber

Since : 2021-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sat 28 Aug 2021 - 5:10

But how this website would die? I don't want
This could happen...
- e.g., when the admins die, get a full time job, children... then this site will become a corpse floating around the net
- we host illegal content like roms and the authorities block us
(therefore I am very cautious to host roms, even if they are 30+ years old).

I can't imagine him making a proper patch. He made this entire hack by poking bytes in  HxD. He has no source code, inaccurate notes at best.
Too bad. Ah well... as said before, though I am retired (gives a lolz at some people here since I say that since 5 years+), and disguise MM, I promise to pnn-msu it as soon a stable pnn is out that runs this game Wink
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by infidelity Sat 28 Aug 2021 - 13:53

Hey there, yes I'm aware of Zeldix, it was here where I learned the right imagemagick version to use, when making the MSU-1 videos. There's no way for me to make a patch of this, at least to my knowledge, I wrote this in am empty .bin file (minus the header I swiped from Mega Man X and tweaked), so there's really no way for me to do so. I want to thank Myself086 for once again showing me the ropes with the SNES addresses, and he was instrumental in teaching me how to operate/use the SPC700. Thank you to everyone that has obtained the port and tried it out, extremely appreciated thank you everyone! :-)

infidelity
Bee
Bee

Since : 2018-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sat 28 Aug 2021 - 14:15

Hi and welcome here Smile
It's really a pitty that there's no way to publish your project here without copyright infringement, but as mentioned above we'd risk zeldix being shut down.
However myself086 made me hope that pnn 1.4 will run mm4 stable, and if you like we could work together on msu mm4 via pnn 1.4 - at least you already have the pcm and track maps + the addresses where a track change happens, so the main work is already covered and porting it for pnn shouldn't be much difficult. Also your pcm set can surely be reused Wink
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by infidelity Sat 28 Aug 2021 - 17:34

Ill have no issue implementing MSU-1 to a standard mm4 rom, once Myself086 can get it up and running.

infidelity
Bee
Bee

Since : 2018-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sat 4 Sep 2021 - 4:16

I tried it with pnn 1.4.1 but the code hijack isn't working. This game is really simple. I already found the hook. I sent you a discord friendship but not yet confirmed, if we want to co-laborate Wink
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down