Chrono Trigger MSU-1

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Chrono Trigger MSU-1 - Page 3 Empty Re: Chrono Trigger MSU-1

Post by brainiac9x Tue 27 Sep 2016 - 19:06

Whoops!

That definitely solved the issue!

I got two "fails" for "can't open lavosscream.wav no such file or directory" and "can't open output\track-50_scream.wav no such file or directory"

But I got the output file with track 1.pcm through track 84.pcm

Do I need the other two .wav files?

brainiac9x
Bee
Bee

Since : 2016-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Tue 27 Sep 2016 - 19:20

Oh yeah, just one.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/qwertymodo/ChronoTrigger-MSU1/master/LavosScream.wav

Goes in the same directory as the script and config. The other one is a temp file generated from it.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Chrono Trigger MSU-1 - Page 3 Image212

Since : 2014-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by brainiac9x Tue 27 Sep 2016 - 19:37

Alright so now I have track1-16, 19-24, 27-31, 35-51, 54, 56, 57, 59-64, 66, 68-70, 72, 73, 77, 78, 80, and 84 (all .pcm files), plus for some reason I have "14 - The Final Battle.flac" also in the output file.

So now, I believe I apply the chrono_msu1.ips patch to the chrono_msu1.sfc rom.
Then put the chrono_msu1.sfc rom, chrono_msu1.msu, and all the .pcm files into one folder, and it should be good to go for my SD2SNES?

brainiac9x
Bee
Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Tue 27 Sep 2016 - 19:48

For the SD2SNES, all of the files need to have the same name, so the PCM files should be chrono_msu1-1.pcm, chrono_msu1-2.pcm, etc.  I'm not sure, but the script, by default might be outputting them as track-1.pcm, track-2.pcm, etc.  If that's the case, delete them and edit tracks.cfg, there should be a line OUTPUTPREFIX=track, change it to OUTPUTPREFIX=chrono_msu1 and run the script again.  The track 14 flac file that is left in the output folder is just an extra temp file that didn't get deleted like it should have been.

Again, sorry for the lack of documentation, you're kind of my guinea pig on this, since you're the first person other than me to actually use it, or at least the first person to give me any feedback on their experience with it. Now I know what needs to be explained better.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by suFami Wed 28 Sep 2016 - 4:02

Hey qwertymodo, sorry I haven't had time to test out your conversion script. I'll start a New Game+ in the next day or two and let you know how it goes. You might want to update the README with instructions on proper sd2snes volume settings depending on which board is being used. Thanks for clearing up the Frog intro matter.
suFami
suFami
Leever
Leever

Since : 2016-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by brainiac9x Wed 28 Sep 2016 - 9:31

So I changed the outputprefix to chrono_msu1, got all the pcm files in the proper format, and put them all on my SD2SNES. Fired up the game, and everything seems to working fine (as far as I know)!

Thanks again for all your help!!

brainiac9x
Bee
Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowAOD Wed 23 Nov 2016 - 12:40

Hello Smile
I need a bit of help with this

it seems that when I try to open the make music pack
,it just converts the tracks to wav then gives me the error - (the application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). click ok to close the application (it's referring sox.exe)

anyway to fix this?

shadowAOD
Leever
Leever

Since : 2016-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Wed 23 Nov 2016 - 12:44

Which script are you using? DarkShock's original or mine?

https://github.com/qwertymodo/ChronoTrigger-MSU1
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowAOD Wed 23 Nov 2016 - 13:42

qwertymodo wrote:Which script are you using?  DarkShock's original or mine?

https://github.com/qwertymodo/ChronoTrigger-MSU1

which one?

I'm using the msu1 hack from romhacking.net (the latest one I believe)

shadowAOD
Leever
Leever

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Wed 23 Nov 2016 - 15:21

Ok, so instead of following the conversion instructions there, download this script and use it instead (it uses the same source files but I've made a lot of significant improvements to the end result): [Download]
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowAOD Wed 23 Nov 2016 - 17:13

qwertymodo wrote:Ok, so instead of following the conversion instructions there, download this script and use it instead (it uses the same source files but I've made a lot of significant improvements to the end result): [Download]

I don't think it worked Sad
I mean it converted but when I patched the game and everything
it didn't play the pcm's when I booted the game

it just played the snes ost

update - I don't think they converted correctly
I've tested the pcm's on audacity and they don't sound right(higher speed then normal)I've checked the pcms on megaman x to be sure and those ones were fine

shadowAOD
Leever
Leever

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Wed 23 Nov 2016 - 19:31

I have no idea how the files would be playing too fast.  Also, when you say you're using the MSU-1 hack from RHDN, do you mean the one in their "ROM Hacks" section or mine that's currently beta testing in the forums, because mine has a lot of fixes and improvements over the older one in the database: http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php/topic,23115.0.html

Also, what emulator are using, and do you have a manifest file (.xml for bsnes, .bml for higan)?  It is possible to load the game without a manifest, but you have to have the files named properly.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowAOD Thu 24 Nov 2016 - 3:18

qwertymodo wrote:I have no idea how the files would be playing too fast.  Also, when you say you're using the MSU-1 hack from RHDN, do you mean the one in their "ROM Hacks" section or mine that's currently beta testing in the forums, because mine has a lot of fixes and improvements over the older one in the database: http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php/topic,23115.0.html

Also, what emulator are using, and do you have a manifest file (.xml for bsnes, .bml for higan)?  It is possible to load the game without a manifest, but you have to have the files named properly.

I'm using higan v 0.94
I know I'm supposed to use v 0.96 but I can't find that version anywhere

shadowAOD
Leever
Leever

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Thu 24 Nov 2016 - 12:14

Ok, the easiest way to make everything work for higan with my script is to open tracks.cfg and change the line that says OUTPUTPREFIX=chrono_msu to OUTPUTPREFIX=track and run it again, then the files will be named track-1.pcm, track-2.pcm, etc. Also, make sure you create a dummy file named msu1.rom if you don't already have one.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowAOD Thu 24 Nov 2016 - 13:42

qwertymodo wrote:Ok, the easiest way to make everything work for higan with my script is to open tracks.cfg and change the line that says OUTPUTPREFIX=chrono_msu to OUTPUTPREFIX=track and run it again, then the files will be named track-1.pcm, track-2.pcm, etc. Also, make sure you create a dummy file named msu1.rom if you don't already have one.

ah ok but what do you mean by create a dummy named msu1.rom?

shadowAOD
Leever
Leever

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Thu 24 Nov 2016 - 16:50

Just make a file with that name inside the game folder.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by thepsynergist Tue 15 Aug 2017 - 23:40

So, I have the 1.1 version of the patch, and it includes both the no-resume patch, and the resume patch.  I've attempted to use both, however, I'm curious...  Is there a way to get Battle music working?  It still plays the default spc battle theme even with track#69 in place.

If the dungeon music doesn't resume, that doesn't bug me that much, however, because I'm making an 8-bit MSU-1 patch of this game, having the battle music play is extremely important.

Hope to hear back soon,

thepsynergist

EDIT:  Here's a teaser, if you guys are curious.
Soundcloud link for Corridors of Time 8-bit teaser for MSU-1 pack.
thepsynergist
thepsynergist
Leever
Leever

Since : 2017-03-18

https://www.youtube.com/thepsynergist

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Wed 16 Aug 2017 - 1:34

qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by thepsynergist Wed 16 Aug 2017 - 2:41

Worked like a charm!  You saved the project, thanks a bunch!

thepsynergist
thepsynergist
Leever
Leever

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Wed 16 Aug 2017 - 6:14

qwerty, can you update the project's main topic?
https://www.zeldix.net/t808-chrono-trigger
(make link to your new patch here, place it first (I assume ramses and DS versions are outdated)). Also the audio link doesn't work...
https://cloud.home.qwertymodo.com/index.php/s/97XphRvf4Mb5RTm

What is about the pcm:s btw, I heard the current tracks must be bought or something and/or self-converted to pcm.

Generally about the database:
On my computer it loaded forever. I think this is because it is too stuff for this blog format. I therefore split this database into genres (racing - f-zero..., Jump'n run - SMW, MMX..., RPG - Terranigma, SoM,..., Beat 'em up (SF2 when ready)...)
Conn
Conn

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by thepsynergist Wed 16 Aug 2017 - 7:00

The original orchestrated album was done by Blake Robinson, under license from Square-Enix. This created an issue with sharing the music, as legally, it had to be purchased through iTunes or another reputable vendor.

Because of this, there's an alternative soundpack for download.
Really soon, you'll also have my 8-bit version, as well, so we should be set.
thepsynergist
thepsynergist
Leever
Leever

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Wed 16 Aug 2017 - 8:28

I see, sounds.great Smile
I hope qwerty has a link.to the alternative orchestrated pcm as well, I doubt many people can create pack:s even if they purchased the licensed tracks...
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Wed 16 Aug 2017 - 16:00

There is a free pack available as well, by Dracula9AntiChapel.  I haven't gotten around to updating links everywhere, since the project is still a WIP, tracking down bugs and stuff.  I can post a link from the db post here to my thread over there in the mean time so I don't have to remember to update both places.  I really wish Joel Yliluoma (bisqwit) had gotten back to me about implementing his dithering algorithms in CUDA, it would've really sped up that project a ton.

Conn wrote:Also the audio link doesn't work...
https://cloud.home.qwertymodo.com/index.php/s/97XphRvf4Mb5RTm

Where did you find that link? I broke all of my sharing links awhile back when I had to reinstall owncloud from scratch. I tried to update all of the old links, but I guess you found one.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Wed 16 Aug 2017 - 16:18

As said the link is in the main project database:
https://www.zeldix.net/t808-chrono-trigger

Please update this page. As admin, this isn't a problem for you (please also post Mario kart there in the racing section when finished Smile ) and as I never played chrono trigger I'm completely lost with this project's progress... there's your version, ds version, Ramses version but no working pcm... Sad
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Wed 16 Aug 2017 - 17:03

A brief history of Chrono Trigger MSU-1:

1) smkdan wrote a demo for byuu's predecessor to the MSU-1, named the 21FX.  This demo played the PSX intro video in place of the attract mode intro.  It did not replace the SPC audio engine.  This was one of the first FMV proof-of-concept hacks for the 21FX.

2) DarkShock wrote a full MSU-1 audio hack.  There were a few issues with echo bugs, but it mostly worked.

3) Ramsis edited smkdan's old demo to run on the final MSU-1 spec instead of the old 21FX draft.

4) I wrote a very minor edit to Ramsis' and DarkShock's hacks to combine them into one.

5) I did a complete rewrite from the ground up with my own audio and video code, borrowing from DarkShock's hack for some of the event code.  There are some minor bugs still, the main hold-up is trying to improve the video quality through dithering, but it takes like 7 hours to do a full render, so I've been trying to build a better toolset to set the dithering parameters scene-by-scene for the best quality.  Once I manage to get everything cleaned up, I'll do a final render, and hopefully have the last few bugs cleaned up, and also figure out where to insert the final 2 FMV's into the script, and then it should be the definitive version of Chrono Trigger MSU-1.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next