Minish Cap Zelda

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

Minish Cap Zelda  - Page 9 Empty Re: Minish Cap Zelda

Post by Puzzledude Mon 8 Feb 2016 - 19:20

NinjaGamer wrote:Very Happy Woohoo!!! Yeah! I feel the same way!! I want to thank each and every one of you for helping me to make this a reality!! Thank you guys so very much!! I really couldn't have done this without you guys. I really appreciate eveything you guys have done to help me! Congratulations guys, we did it! You guys are so awesome and amazing! I can't thank you guys enough! Smile So? Were there any glitches with the in-game dialogue?
Nice, make sure the address E8000 is 01 FF. Hyrule Magic might put this byte to 80 when editing monologues, which is fatal for the camera shake - which bugs the screen.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Minish Cap Zelda  - Page 9 Image213

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by SunGodPortal Mon 8 Feb 2016 - 19:28

Nice, make sure the address E8000 is 01 FF. Hyrule Magic might put this byte to 80 when editing monologues, which is fatal for the camera shake - which bugs the screen.

Interesting bit of trivia: I thought I remembered reading somewhere that this bug would make the game crash, but when I encountered this bug on real hardware (never tried it on an emulator) it did not. It sure made the Armos battle very difficult and trippy though. The entire screen went totally insane every time the red armos would stomp. It reminded me of that weird thing old computer monitors would do when you hit the degaussing button but way crazier.
SunGodPortal
SunGodPortal

Since : 2015-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post by NinjaGamer Mon 8 Feb 2016 - 23:43

Hey guys! I found an invisible enemy in the castle (he was moved up the strairs) so I moved him back downstairs and he's visible again. I also moved some things around to make it look better. I updated the download link so you guys can redownload the ips patch. Enjoy! Smile

NinjaGamer
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Since : 2015-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post by SunGodPortal Mon 8 Feb 2016 - 23:47

I found an invisible enemy in the castle (he was moved up the strairs) so I moved him back downstairs and he's visible again.

He was probably on the wrong background layer. To switch him between BG 1 and 2 you use the "-" key. It will indicate which one he is on near the edit panel at the bottom.
SunGodPortal
SunGodPortal

Back to top Go down

Post by NinjaGamer Mon 8 Feb 2016 - 23:47

Oh? Was there a bug in the game? You mean to change this address in HxD right? I would have to go to E8000 on line 01 and change the 01 to FF?

NinjaGamer
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by NinjaGamer Mon 8 Feb 2016 - 23:49

@SunGodPortal Oh, okay. Hey thanks! I'll probably edit that tomorrow or something. I'm beat and I don't feel like doing that right now lol.

Last edited by NinjaGamer on Tue 9 Feb 2016 - 15:24; edited 1 time in total

NinjaGamer
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by SunGodPortal Tue 9 Feb 2016 - 0:00

Oh? Was there a bug in the game? You mean to change this address in HxD right? I would have to go to E8000 on line 01 and change the 01 to FF?

He was referring to a possible bug that is common for HM to create after using the dialogue ("monologue") editor. It sometimes overwrites a few bytes near the end of the text that is related to the screen shake effect that occurs when certain things happen in-game (like when the red armos boss stomps). If it does, the screen shake is amplified to outragous proportions.

And yeah, he was talking about viewing that address in a hex editor.
SunGodPortal
SunGodPortal

Back to top Go down

Post by NinjaGamer Tue 9 Feb 2016 - 15:36

@SunGodPortal Hey, so I tried to move the guard up the stairs using the - key but nothing happened. How exactly do I move him up (or down) the stairs?

NinjaGamer
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Tue 9 Feb 2016 - 15:52

NinjaGamer wrote:@SunGodPortal Hey, so I tried to move the guard up the stairs using the - key but nothing happened. How exactly do I move him up (or down) the stairs?
You don't really move him up or down the stairs, you move him from bg1 to bg2 or vice versa. And the "-" key works (for me at least), since this is the only way to do it. Of course assuming the BG setting of the room is set to Normal and the soldier is on the bg2 section (aka down the stairs). In this case what is defined as bg2 will need a soldier on bg2 and what is not (aka bg1) need a soldier on bg1.

But if the room properties are set to bg1, and no bg2 section is defined with the 0C3 elements. Then the bg2 is fictional and room only looks as if it has the lower section. In such cases no bridges are possible and all sprites must have the property bg1, despite up or down the stairs.

Not really sure where you have problems. But if reading this...
I found an invisible enemy in the castle (he was moved up the strairs) so I moved him back downstairs and he's visible again.
Looks like your room is set to bg2= Normal and the soldier is on bg2. Put him on bg1 with "-" key and that's it, but you need to reload the game correctly of course after doing that and saving in HM.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by NinjaGamer Tue 9 Feb 2016 - 16:19

Okay, I got it to work. Thanks! I was using the wrong enemy. I tried using the - key on both enemies and it only worked on one of them. I updated the download link so you guys can redownload it..again hah. Smile

Hey guys! She loved it! She squealed in excitement and jumped on me haha! I told her about how you guys helped me and she wanted to say thank you! I told her that there may be some glitches (such as the pink civilians) but she didn't mind. She's been up all night playing the game! I'm getting ready to take her out for Valentine's day. Thank you again guys and happy Valentine's day!!! Very Happy Smile

By the way, do you guys have a YouTube channel or something that I can follow or subscribe to?

NinjaGamer
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by NinjaGamer Sat 5 Mar 2016 - 11:14

Hey guys! I was thinking that this mod should be released. If it's not too much of a hassle for any of you could someone with a YouTube channel make a release video of it (of course explaining that it will have some glitches such as the pink civilians). Everyone should get the chance to play this.

NinjaGamer
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Tue 8 Mar 2016 - 14:08

https://www.zeldix.net/t1010-play-as-minish-cap-zelda-for-lttp

^^Replaced my old patch with your new one.

All it needs now is someone that makes a youtube playthrough of it!

Founder

Minish Cap Zelda  - Page 9 Image212

Since : 2012-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by NinjaGamer Tue 8 Mar 2016 - 16:40

That's awesome of you Seph! Thank you! Smile What have you guys been up to these days? You guys got a YouTube channel I can subscribe to? Also, of anyone would be willing to do a walkthrough of the mod that'd be pretty darn amazing!

NinjaGamer
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9