Minish Cap Zelda

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Minish Cap Zelda  - Page 4 Empty Re: Minish Cap Zelda

Post by NinjaGamer Sat 16 Jan 2016 - 13:35

So if I wanted to have pixel perfect dimensions what would I do? I'm trying to follow the video exactly the way he did it so I need everything to be the same and he didn't have 133 unique colors he only had 16.

NinjaGamer
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Since : 2015-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Sat 16 Jan 2016 - 14:33

In the top bar of paint shop pro, look for something like: "decrease palette to X colors" or something like that (I'm at the job right now) and then write 16, for 16 colors!

Founder

Minish Cap Zelda  - Page 4 Image212

Since : 2012-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Sat 16 Jan 2016 - 14:39

So if I wanted to have pixel perfect dimensions what would I do?

Use this image as base. It is exactly 128x448 (pixel perfect).
Minish Cap Zelda  - Page 4 Base10

Then copy paste or draw over pixel perfect in 16x16 sections. You see, this is what YYchr is doing automatically. There you can only draw pixel-fine and in the rom directly, you just have a palette issue there.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Minish Cap Zelda  - Page 4 Image213

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.x Sat 16 Jan 2016 - 14:42

You could also decrease the colors by hand in MS Paint with the eraser. You have to use the right mouse button. The colors you have selected will change what colors are changed. The color on the left is the one you want changed and the color on the right is what you want it changed to.

Mr.x
Fluteboy
Fluteboy

Since : 2014-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Sat 16 Jan 2016 - 14:47

Alternately copy Link's graphics straight from HM after changing the clothes palette and paste it in paint shop pro, you'll have a template just like in my video. You can take another picture as reference and copy all theframes you want directly on that picture you imported from HM.

You can either do that, or copy that Puzzledude picture, increase color depth to 16 million colors, change all the frames you want and in the end, decrease color depth to 16 colors and then edit the clothes palette in HM and finally copy/paste your final image directly in HM.

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by NinjaGamer Sat 16 Jan 2016 - 15:04

For now, Seph, I'll just follow your video tutorial. I ran into another problem. I opened the rom I'm going to be using to insert Zelda with HM and opened the clothes palette. I opened the first one and it doesn't match the clothes palette in your video.

https://i.imgur.com/fZmqvkyh.jpg

Will this be a problem for me when editing the clothes palettes?

NinjaGamer
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by SunGodPortal Sat 16 Jan 2016 - 15:43

You could also decrease the colors by hand in MS Paint with the eraser. You have to use the right mouse button. The colors you have selected will change what colors are changed. The color on the left is the one you want changed and the color on the right is what you want it changed to.

Just a note: YY-CHR also has a similar function.
SunGodPortal
SunGodPortal

Since : 2015-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post by NinjaGamer Sat 16 Jan 2016 - 17:24

*Sigh* I honestly don't know what I'm doing wrong but.. I ran into another issue.

https://i.imgur.com/DlUtp8ah.jpg

For some reason I had a different palette than you. Whenever I try to paste Zelda's sprite sheet over Link's to get ready to edit it won't let me. I just need to get through the video so I can edit the rest of the sprites no problems. I keep running into frustrating annoyances, it's giving me a headache.

NinjaGamer
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Sat 16 Jan 2016 - 17:32

This image does not have the direct dimensions or is not a 16 colour image.
Annoing, isn't it. This should never happen with Paint though.

paste Zelda's sprite sheet over Link's to get ready to edit it won't let me
You don't paste Zelda sheet over Link's, you only paste a 16x16 section of the Zelda's sheet over Link's 128x448 sheet. So basically you need to paste a selection of an image (ie the head/body only), and Paint is capable of doing that. If you paste the entire Zelda's sheet, a horizontal image will go on-top of the vertical (Link) one, which will not work.

Last edited by Puzzledude on Sat 16 Jan 2016 - 17:36; edited 2 times in total
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Sat 16 Jan 2016 - 17:33

Based on SePH's video I also took a shoot at this, specially with pals but then using YY.

This is how it looks like in YY, after the correct pal was set in HM and new save state made:
Minish Cap Zelda  - Page 4 Yy10

In game
Minish Cap Zelda  - Page 4 Z3pal010

Here's the IPS ans ZST for MC Zelda if you are interested to see, how the YY process works. It is basically the same, I just doted-out the head. But once you have one head and body dotted manually, you can copy paste it in YY, and thus the rom. Your choice which method to use. This is just how I edit gfx.

http://www.bwass.org/bucket/MC_pal_head_ips.ips

http://www.bwass.org/bucket/MC_Zelda_Pal_ZST.zip
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Sat 16 Jan 2016 - 17:45

Ok. Here's what I'm gonna do actually.

I'll do her complete sheet and give you the ips when I'm done. It shouldnt take me long given I've created many character sheets in the past and gotten excedingly good at it.

Then you won't have to worry anymore; -)

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by NinjaGamer Sat 16 Jan 2016 - 17:52

O_O... Wait, so you're just gonna do it for me? Very Happy Thank you so very much! This means alot, I really appreciate it! I'm so grateful! All I will have to do now is edit the dialogue and if possible move Link's uncle in a cell so it won't be so easy to obtain the sword and shield.

NinjaGamer
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Sat 16 Jan 2016 - 17:56

I'll film the whole process for learning purposes!

Your girlfriend will have her present in time and everybody will be happy!

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by NinjaGamer Sat 16 Jan 2016 - 17:56

I don't want your guys' help to go to waste so I decided to leave MC Zelda to Seph to work on. I think I'll do Tingle as a practice character. Since I won't be buying Paintshop Pro anytime soon or hacking it to get it free I'll have to learn how to use YY-CHR. Hey Puzzledude (or anyone for that matter) if you're up to help me could you show me the ropes of YY-CHR and help me make Tingle?

NinjaGamer
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by NinjaGamer Sat 16 Jan 2016 - 17:58

You'll film it too?! I was afraid to ask you to film it for that same exact reason. Thank you Seph! This will help me with making Tingle. Smile

NinjaGamer
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by SunGodPortal Sat 16 Jan 2016 - 17:59

Hey Puzzledude (or anyone for that matter) if you're up to help me could you show me the ropes of YY-CHR and help me make Tingle?

Ask away. I may not be as informed on all of the short-cuts as someone like Seph, but I use YY-CHR almost constantly to experiment with many things from this game.

Will Tingle be replacing anyone specific?
SunGodPortal
SunGodPortal

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Sat 16 Jan 2016 - 18:04

I'll do her complete sheet and give you the ips when I'm done. It shouldnt take me long given I've created many character sheets in the past and gotten excedingly good at it.
You are very kind SePH. And yes, the way you handled that Pain program and brought the sprite in with the correct pal in a matter of moments.

I actually also have a question. How did you set the pals correctly (I basically copied this from your video, to be able to make the .zst with new pals). Sure you reduce the image to 16 colours, but why does the bright yellow come to the far right end, which then strangely matches to HM pal layout.

I'll film the whole process for learning purposes!
Great. I wonder how will you make all the situations, which are not included in Zelda's sprite sheet, like praying etc. I'm assuming this will eventually be done in YY.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by NinjaGamer Sat 16 Jan 2016 - 18:12

Tingle will be replacing Link lol! Razz I figure if MC Link and Zelda get their own adventure then why not Tingle too? I can't seem to find a GBA sprite sheet of Tingle sadly so I'll be using Tingle from Tingle's balloon fight on DS. By the way if anyone can find a sprite sheet of MC Tingle please post it up!

NinjaGamer
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by NinjaGamer Sat 16 Jan 2016 - 18:14

Well actually I believe there is a praying sprite of her in the sheet he was using in the video. When I replicated his sheet I found there were 3 sprites of her praying (or at least what I think is praying.)

NinjaGamer
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Sat 16 Jan 2016 - 18:18

NinjaGamer wrote:Well actually I believe there is a praying sprite of her in the sheet he was using in the video. When I replicated his sheet I found there were 3 sprites of her praying (or at least what I think is praying.)
Yes, but sure a lot of situations/states are missing.

I can't seem to find a GBA sprite sheet of Tingle sadly so I'll be using Tingle from Tingle's balloon fight on DS. By the way if anyone can find a sprite sheet of MC Tingle please post it up!
SePH already beat you to it, since Tingle was made/drawn for the Conker hack, so maybe we should take it from there if he agrees.

Tingle will be replacing Link lol.
Nice, however he will have the same animation as one of the NPCs. In the upper example the village lady sprite was taken. So this sprite just stands there and moves on place like many NPCs do - and talks obviously (which I'm assuming what you need to connect the new story).

Hey Puzzledude (or anyone for that matter) if you're up to help me could you show me the ropes of YY-CHR and help me make Tingle?
I believe I actually misunderstood. You want to make Tingle the main sprite of the separate game/hack and not a side character in MC Zelda hack to sell potions or something. In that case it is another mountain to climb, since you would again need 224 states to draw/redraw out.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Sat 16 Jan 2016 - 18:27

Puzzledude wrote:Sure you reduce the image to 16 colours, but why does the bright yellow come to the far right end, which then strangely matches to HM pal layout.
I first open the image in paint shop pro, then I start copying it in HM ignoring the first color (since its transparent) and then copy them with the same index number, its always from the top right, next row is left/right, left/right etc.. until you are at the last color!

There may be 16 colors in psp, but links clothes are actually 15 colors, because the transparent color is unaccounted for in HM.

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Sat 16 Jan 2016 - 18:39

There may be 16 colors in psp, but links clothes are actually 15 colors, because the transparent color is unaccounted for in HM.
I figuered this one out from the video.

I first open the image in paint shop pro, then I start copying it in HM ignoring the first color (since its transparent) and then copy them with the same index number, its always from the top right, next row is left/right, left/right etc.. until you are at the last color!
Thanks for explaining, since I always had problems with this and couldn't set it right.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by NinjaGamer Sat 16 Jan 2016 - 18:45

Oh, Seph made Tingle from GBA? Hm..well then how about I take a request from you guys? I don't know who else to make. Besides, you've all been nice enough to be patient enough to teach me. I feel like I should do something and I'll be learning something new (modding) at the same time. Heck, maybe I'll even become a regular modder, but don't quote me on that.

NinjaGamer
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by SunGodPortal Sat 16 Jan 2016 - 18:50

Oh, Seph made Tingle from GBA?

I'm confused. I thought you were making Tingle and Seph was making Zelda?
SunGodPortal
SunGodPortal

Back to top Go down

Post by NinjaGamer Sat 16 Jan 2016 - 18:54

Yeah but Puzzle said that he beat me to it (I assumed he meant Tingle's sprites. If I can get a hold of GBA Tingle sprites I'll do it.

NinjaGamer
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next