Star Fox

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Star Fox - Page 4 Empty Star Fox

-  Patch  -

Patch Revision 2, 13/Dec/2021: boss theme):
Code:
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/Star_Fox_msu1_R2.zip

Mirror: https://mega.nz/file/FPdGADJZ#OjYYwsQ6_xfORRLbXSG2K4pmjtFH2cupXnZvyRXvego

-  PCM packs  -

Star Fox Restored - Church Of Kondo Pre-Release (by Aelieth):
Code:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/10mOmg_P_PWDWGpk2SRhyTq2xsx-OEAo8/view
YouTube Playlist

PCM set by daniloroxette v2 (updated Sep, 14th 2021):
Code:
https://mega.nz/file/cN52BJhZ#q7Vry8T1DpNHq6n66_rbQw0B6GZVZtl026ZVY3EIUBs
YouTube Preview

PCM set by Kurrono:
Code:
https://mega.nz/#!96I1wAhT!Lpb_TiatOAQ8Llwwg88zbXXbKFzd0Pbow4VtK45aONU

Alternative Intro Video (including speech):
Code:
https://mega.nz/file/w2oWSLTD#1KhKRXBg3TSSHvJFf_x9y-KzXcSkssajSZXVDrYsmtI
(just replace this video with that that comes with the pcm set above)

-  Track Map  -

Code:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_pgX2OIBm2DT4jNIeigdekD9OpZ5tVtaE5Fw2oGWPUc

Last edited by kurrono on Thu 25 Oct 2018 - 17:57; edited 3 times in total
kurrono
kurrono

Star Fox - Page 4 Image111

Since : 2015-03-22

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Star Fox :: Comments

Polargames

Post Sat 20 Oct 2018 - 18:51 by Polargames

@Kurrono,@Conn,@Relikk, Congrats on the patch Very Happy. Keep up the great work.

Back to top Go down

PittStone

Post Sun 21 Oct 2018 - 13:39 by PittStone

The Patch "Revision 2" is not comatible with "bsnes_cplusplus98_libretro.dll" in Retroarch. The first Patch was compatible. Now its loading a Black Screen. Only "snes9x_libretro.dll" works Now. Please Can you make the Patch "Revision 2" Compatible with "bsnes_cplusplus98_libretro.dll"? I still have Crackling in the Game now.

Back to top Go down

Polargames

Post Sun 21 Oct 2018 - 14:03 by Polargames

PittStone wrote:The Patch "Revision 2" is not comatible with "bsnes_cplusplus98_libretro.dll" in Retroarch. The first Patch was compatible. Now its loading a Black Screen.  Only "snes9x_libretro.dll" works Now.  Please Can you make the Patch "Revision 2" Compatible with "bsnes_cplusplus98_libretro.dll"? I still have Crackling in the Game now.

Have you tried to update bsnes from from source on retroarch? The reason I had asked is that edale on the retropie fourm had said to do that to the lr-snes9x to fix MSU1 issues. I know that you do not have retropie at all, but I know you can still update the cores in retroarch. So I would try it for bsnes and snes9x. I know that snes9x works but it dones not hurt to update both. I hope that helps Smile

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sun 21 Oct 2018 - 15:17 by Conn

Sorry I can't. No way I can trace such cores. It appears to be a bug with the core you use. I do not know whether sd2snes was tested, but this is the real hardware standard. So if it works in sd2snes, it should work with all the other cores.
If it doesn't, contact the author of this core to fix the bug, this is better than me trying to adjust a code to a buggy emulator.

That said I think it's the fade making problems:

- go into the dev folder of the patch, open the v10 or v12 msu (not the video).

Find
Code:
;fade
org $1FDCB7
JSL $7eD1C0

And comment out by placing a semicolon before the 2 code lines:

Code:
;fade
;org $1FDCB7
;JSL $7eD1C0

Then use xkas to compile the code on a FRESH rom.

Back to top Go down

dukejp

Post Mon 22 Oct 2018 - 9:40 by dukejp

Polargames wrote:
PittStone wrote:The Patch "Revision 2" is not comatible with "bsnes_cplusplus98_libretro.dll" in Retroarch. The first Patch was compatible. Now its loading a Black Screen.  Only "snes9x_libretro.dll" works Now.  Please Can you make the Patch "Revision 2" Compatible with "bsnes_cplusplus98_libretro.dll"? I still have Crackling in the Game now.

Have you tried to update bsnes from from source on retroarch? The reason I had asked is that edale on the retropie fourm had said to do that to the lr-snes9x to fix MSU1 issues. I know that you do not have retropie at all, but I know you can still update the cores in retroarch. So I would try it for bsnes and snes9x. I know that snes9x works but it dones not hurt to update both. I hope that helps Smile

For me, the VIDEO patch dont work at all in any bsnes core, even the Higan one. Only get a black screen. The "Only music" patch works ok.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Mon 22 Oct 2018 - 12:45 by Conn

Ok, I found out why higan didn't work. I expanded the rom to 1.5 MB for the video code, but Higan, for some reasons, only accepts roms expanded to 2 MB.

So here's the new patch, which expands to 2 MB and that works with higan:
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/Star_Fox_msu1_R2.zip
no headered rom, after applying v10/v12.ips, the rom size should be 2 MB -> which works in higan.

with luck this also solves the retroarch bsnes core problem (bsnes_cplusplus98_libretro.dll), too

Edit: i also tested video/msu in higan now, everything works - so if any retroarch core still has problems, that's an issue with that core then.

Back to top Go down

PittStone

Post Tue 23 Oct 2018 - 8:39 by PittStone

Awesome. This Patch works with the 2MB. (bsnes_cplusplus98_libretro.dll with Retroarch)
Thanks. Piece of Heart Piece of Heart Piece of Heart

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Tue 23 Oct 2018 - 8:59 by Conn

Lucky you Very Happy Wink

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Conn

Post Tue 23 Oct 2018 - 17:32 by Conn

The video has to open at the opening of the game when it opens and not after the theme menu
Much thanks for your demand, but it can stay where it is - the video contains both parts of the intro before the title screen as well thereafter (e.g., scramble). It fits nowhere and everywhere. So it's perfect where it is now, at least I surely won't change it Very Happy

As for your video, it's cool. Pittstone just made an alternate version for OoTW, so maybe he or Relikk fullfiull your wish for this alternative video (must be cleaned woth best viewed in 1080 px, credits and such). I'll post the link to the first post in case it is made.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 23 Oct 2018 - 18:01 by Señor Ventura

The best part of the video is the weapon inventory, the rest simply doesn't fit cause at the end you are viewing the intro twice times (one in the video, and one in real time, inside the game).

...but it is good to have already made the patch for future revisions of a video.

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Wed 24 Oct 2018 - 3:35 by Relikk

I can do it later today if nobody does it by then. It's a shame, though. People go to the trouble of creating something as meticulous as this and then leave very basic spelling mistakes in the final video, which is going to show in the MSU1 video. I can try and correct them in the editing stage.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 24 Oct 2018 - 10:24 by Señor Ventura

Relikk wrote:I can do it later today if nobody does it by then. It's a shame, though. People go to the trouble of creating something as meticulous as this and then leave very basic spelling mistakes in the final video, which is going to show in the MSU1 video. I can try and correct them in the editing stage.

As i said, the most valuable thing is the work, and all the effort.

Is not a complain, but an opportunity of helping adding more content taking that it is already patched. Is good for the community.

For example, the patching of the batman OST... all the work is done, and without it i couldn't be doing nothing to give another OST, and it is very grateful.

So, the hard work of patching the star fox to include a vídeo, is very very grateful. That was the intention of my words ^^

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Wed 24 Oct 2018 - 12:03 by Relikk

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Wed 24 Oct 2018 - 12:11 by Conn

Thanks Relikk,

I added it to first post. Hope all are as happy as we could make them and this chapter is closed now Exclamation

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Wed 24 Oct 2018 - 12:23 by Relikk

My pleasure.

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 24 Oct 2019 - 0:54 by Ba6yhulk

Does anyone have a mirror for the patch? Bszelda.zeldalegends.net is currently down.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Thu 24 Oct 2019 - 4:15 by Conn

Oh no. I'll try to contact Davo. Here's the link with most patches (unsorted):

https://drive.google.com/open?id=11xhLJIGdOaddDb_WFszsXhv4zLnQBajl

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 24 Oct 2019 - 14:07 by Ba6yhulk

Thank you!

Back to top Go down

ABOhiccups

Post Sat 29 Feb 2020 - 4:25 by ABOhiccups

The PCM Set was very too loud! Can you lower it?

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sat 29 Feb 2020 - 4:51 by Conn

Kurrono wasn't seen in a while and I do not deal with pcm. So anybody else would have to take care... much luck Wink

Back to top Go down

JUD6MENT

Post Sat 29 Feb 2020 - 17:30 by JUD6MENT

This might be a game i release my own PCM pack during the summer, but i too dont like to mess with other PCM sets when i can do my own work instead. Either way, i don't got time at this moment.

Back to top Go down

daniloroxette

Post Wed 3 Jun 2020 - 1:29 by daniloroxette

Hello, everyone.

I looked at the messages here and noticed that making the MSU for this game was tough. Well, thanks for the nice job.

Few years ago, a friend of mine (Savior Marks) requested me to do a MSU-1 pack with this game. Unfortunately, I never enjoyed this title and got no clue about the song themes and stages, but we are working to recreate a pack.

Right now, we are finishing a spreadsheet to collect all the infos about the current MSU-1 pack. It's so hard to do this with a game that we don't know, but I'll share everything soon.

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next