Parallel Worlds v1.2 PUBLIC RELEASE!!!

Zeldix :: General :: News

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Parallel Worlds v1.2 PUBLIC RELEASE!!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Parallel Worlds v1.2 PUBLIC RELEASE!!!

Post by Puzzledude Thu 12 Jan 2017 - 8:44

- Parallel RM...?
That's definitely happening, since I already made the adjustment of the source ASM for the Roomedits and Textedits. So the Remodel 1.3 can be pretty much released at the same time as PW 1.3, and both can easily be ported over into the german transalation versions.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Parallel Worlds v1.2 PUBLIC RELEASE!!! - Page 5 Image213

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Parallel Worlds v1.2 PUBLIC RELEASE!!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Parallel Worlds v1.2 PUBLIC RELEASE!!!

Post by Puzzledude Thu 12 Jan 2017 - 10:11

PS

I saw your interview qwerty and you mentioned the famous Cane of Byrne problem in Parallel Worlds.
I finally solved this paradox, if you would implement it into the 1.3 version, this is how you solve it:

at 3B540 change the FF into 17 (= give heart piece as alternative).

at E976 change 17 to 18.
(= give Byrna in room 268= ice world small icy pyramid which you can reach through Impa's ways, next to the Ether. Ether is mandatory to get due to opening the Ruins dungeon, so you can not miss this chest)

at EB11 must also be byte 18 (default)=
lost woods light world= room 279.

Scenario-1 (normal):
-get the cane (primary chest item) in the light world in the lost woods (is room 279)
-in the dark world icy pyramid you will thus get the alt= heart piece

Scenario-2 (orthodox):
-someone missed the Cane in the light world and has gone to dark world without the cane and can not return to the light world for the cane (untill beating all dark world dungeons which is pretty much the end of the game, so no byrna the entire game)
-the player will now get the Cane in the dark world, in the icy small pyramid, which you can reach from Impa's ways (chest next to the Ether, which is mandatory to get, so player can not miss this chest)
-this room (ie room 268) will now give byrna (primary chest item)
-if the player then returns into light world, when beating the entire game and gets to the lost wood, that chest will give a heart piece (thus the alternative item).

Number of heartpieces to get, remains the same.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Thu 12 Jan 2017 - 10:16

I'm not really involved in Conker 1.1, PW/PR 1.3 are coming along nicely, mostly the overworld fixes are just really annoying manual tasks that are taking forever. Zeldix Magic isn't my project, I'm only planning to contribute help here and there, more informational contributions than actual code, but hopefully the latter as well. MSU-1 adjustments are still happening, I'm just getting back into the swing of things after getting back from vacation.

Re: Cane of Byrna, that's a very interesting solution, I'll think about it once I'm a little more awake, and probably give it a try.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Parallel Worlds v1.2 PUBLIC RELEASE!!! - Page 5 Image212

Since : 2014-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Thu 12 Jan 2017 - 11:46

Sounds like a perfect plan, puzz, congrats on resolving this issue Very Happy

Good to hear you are still on the msu1 perfections, qwerty Smile
Conn
Conn

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Thu 12 Jan 2017 - 12:11

Re: Cane of Byrna, that's a very interesting solution, I'll think about it once I'm a little more awake, and probably give it a try.
Sounds like a perfect plan, puzz, congrats on resolving this issue.
If you think about it, this actually is an easy fix if you can manipulate the alternative treasures. Until qwerty presented that table of FF bytes in the rom, I actually though a special coding is necessary. Who knew the alternative treasures are actually possible for all items in any chest through hex alone. Now the fix is easy: just need to put a chest called "Byrna, alternative Heartpice" into both worlds, light and dark of PW. I tested this in native ALTTP in Link's house, placing 2 chests and could test both scenarios which will then work also in PW, since the chest treasures code is virtually the same and even in the same hex addresses.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Thu 12 Jan 2017 - 12:52

The one thing I'm wondering is if that's the best chest to use in the Icy World.  In the Light World, the Halls of Pain is one of, if not the hardest chest in the entire game to reach.  With this, you can skip that chest entirely because there is an extra heart piece (or 2, I don't remember).  So, the only question I have is, are there any other more difficult chests in the Icy World that could be used instead of the one in the Pyramid?  I do like the alt-treasure solution, just maybe not that specific chest.

Edit: Maybe the heart container in Darunia's Cavern. That would also solve the issue of the original chest becoming skippable, because unlike the extra heart pieces, you would still want the heart container. Also, a heart container is a more valuable treasure to place in that hard-to-reach chest.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Thu 12 Jan 2017 - 13:01

Edit: Maybe the heart container in Darunia's Cavern. That would also solve the issue of the original chest becoming skippable, because unlike the extra heart pieces, you would still want the heart container. Also, a heart container is a more valuable treasure to place in that hard-to-reach chest.
Yes, sure. You can choose any 2 chests actually, that don't contain any vital items, so it should thus be any heart piece, heart container or any rupee chest; one in light and one in dark/ice world. I decided for the pyramid, for the players to surely get it.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Dozer Sun 15 Jan 2017 - 19:14

qwerty, did you by any chance change the exit sequence for the Lost Woods labyrinth?

Yeah, quite sloppy first post, but I felt like I needed to ask, especially after getting to know that I WILL need to get that cane before changing worlds.

(Also, I REALLY need that second bottle.)

Zero Dozer
Leever
Leever

Since : 2017-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Sun 15 Jan 2017 - 20:13

No, I did not. Also, I just checked to be sure I didn't break it, and I didn't Razz

Spoiler:
v
V^>V
^
(copy and paste the tiny text since we don't have a real spoiler tag)
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Dozer Sun 15 Jan 2017 - 20:24

Oh, strange. The Youtube walkthrough (Which must be of Parallel Worlds 1.1) and the current Parallel Remodel version had a different sequence.

And yeah, the sequence is as you say. Thank you very much, it helped me a lot. Especially because I will need the second bottle to survive Din's Catacombs.

Zero Dozer
Leever
Leever

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Sun 15 Jan 2017 - 20:39

Which walkthrough was that? It was the same in 1.1, but it's possible they got it wrong and added extra steps to the beginning that were actually ignored behind the scenes.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Mon 16 Jan 2017 - 6:50

We do have the spoiler tag (click to open spoiler text):
Spoiler:

Regarding the combo:
there are 2 combinations, one was is PW 1.0 and the other in PW 1.1.
Irronically I only knew the combo from 1.0, so the Remodel 1.0 and 1.1 is using the combo from PW 1.0. To avoid confusion the Remodel has a combo written on the floor, so you can not get it wrong.

So the PW1.2 is using the same as PW 1.1, ie the "new" combo as opposed to "old", still used by the Remodel and PW 1.0. Both are 4 steps long.

Some You tube videos have more steps, but do note, all together there are only 4 counting from solution forward. So if any You tube video has more, like 6 steps, the game ignores the first 2 steps (which are irrelevant) and the player did not know that he can actually skip the first 2 steps.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Dozer Mon 16 Jan 2017 - 14:39

qwertymodo wrote:Which walkthrough was that? It was the same in 1.1, but it's possible they got it wrong and added extra steps to the beginning that were actually ignored behind the scenes.

I've followed this one here:

One of the first shown steps is the threading through the Lost Woods. Puzzledude explained it on his post, this walkthrough is from 1.0, and unfortunately is the only one I managed to find on Youtube so far.

Zero Dozer
Leever
Leever

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Mon 16 Jan 2017 - 15:05

Well, you could always check my 1.2 playthrough. Some of my commentary might be inaccurate with changes after the fact but mostly should be up to date.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Mon 16 Jan 2017 - 17:28

This walkthrough is from 1.0, and unfortunately is the only one I managed to find on Youtube so far.
The difference between 1.0 and 1.1 are only: lost woods combination, in-game texts, and the credits' texts.

This basically means the 1.0 walkthrough should be enough to also finish 1.1 (aside the combo) as well as 1.2.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Dozer Tue 17 Jan 2017 - 14:49

While I'm apparently three heart pieces short of having all I need before departing for the second world... I found this in the Sky Isles area:

Parallel Worlds v1.2 PUBLIC RELEASE!!! - Page 5 16114205_1209261965827496_4868448296267234361_n
Sorry for not having a bigger picture, SNES9X isn't know for taking cool pics. Next time I'll use Lightshot.

Also, would anyone be kind enough to PM me a Heart Container checklist?

Zero Dozer
Leever
Leever

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Tue 17 Jan 2017 - 14:54

Yes, I'm aware of the Sky Isles issue. Basically, it's the result of me not verifying thoroughly enough when I picked tiles to fix the Icy World Church area. I have a much more thorough verification process now, and will have those fixed in 1.3.

As for heart containers: http://zelda.qwertymodo.com/guides/hearts/
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Dozer Tue 17 Jan 2017 - 16:11

Thanks, I found the three remaining Heart Pieces before going to the castle thanks to the guide.

Oh yeah, when you get caught by the hand in Din's Catacombs and you're sent to the entrance, you get lights out as if you didn't have the lamp, forcing you to exit and re-enter the dungeon.

Zero Dozer
Leever
Leever

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Tue 17 Jan 2017 - 16:33

Zero Dozer wrote:Oh yeah, when you get caught by the hand in Din's Catacombs and you're sent to the entrance, you get lights out as if you didn't have the lamp, forcing you to exit and re-enter the dungeon.

Huh... that's a new one. I'll look into it, thanks.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Dozer Tue 17 Jan 2017 - 18:13

As an extra, were my way into Darunia's Cavern from Impa's Ways supposed to be one-way only? The teleporter on Impa's Ways' exit isn't working. I saw other teleporters in the area that doesn't work as well.

Zero Dozer
Leever
Leever

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Tue 17 Jan 2017 - 18:20

All teleporters should work just fine, however for some reason in PW the hitbox seems to be somewhere in the upper-right corner, so sometimes they feel like they're not working when you step on the center. If there are any that really aren't working, please let me know.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Dozer Wed 18 Jan 2017 - 1:40

https://www.facebook.com/zero.dozer/videos/1209670655786627/

Shenanigans on Frozen Victory Beach.

In case you can't see my video: It seems Link is actually able to jump over the entire Victory Beach if you decide to fall on the ice.

And yeah, the teleporters' hitbox are sure funky, but still can be used as you said.

Zero Dozer
Leever
Leever

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Wed 18 Jan 2017 - 1:49

Video isn't available.  Can you post to YouTube or something? Or it may just be a permission issue, might need to set the visibility to public. Funky issues on ice outside could be a side effect of my modifications to the Pegasus Boots code, so definitely something I need to look into.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Wed 18 Jan 2017 - 6:45

And yeah, the teleporters' hitbox are sure funky, but still can be used as you said.
Not really funky. The problem is, that the original authors programed the teleporters to work properly only if the teleporting object is on even X and Y position (2, 4, 6...). But as you might know objects can also be placed on the odd X and Y position (1, 3, 5...). If both X and Y are not even, the teleporter will not work on the exact spot, but on the closest even X and Y, which basically could be anywhere on the 4 corners of the teleporter.

This can be fixed, by bringing the objects on even X and Y, but it is a lot of work for little gain, as all teleporters do work. One other problem of this can be the visual one: bringing teleporters to even X and Y might make them look "discentered" from the surrounding objects/room in general. You usually solve this by placing 2 warps instead of just one to make it look ok.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next