Parallel Worlds v1.2 PUBLIC RELEASE!!!

Zeldix :: General :: News

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

Parallel Worlds v1.2 PUBLIC RELEASE!!! - Page 9 Empty Re: Parallel Worlds v1.2 PUBLIC RELEASE!!!

Post by Conn Tue 7 Feb 2017 - 9:12

If you don't wanna renounce on the gold bee in-game you could give it with a bottle as content, with one little hex change. The bee would have been a great help in the guard house, similar to ast, but this is already better solved via hand combat
Conn
Conn

Parallel Worlds v1.2 PUBLIC RELEASE!!! - Page 9 Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Parallel Worlds v1.2 PUBLIC RELEASE!!! - Page 9 Empty Re: Parallel Worlds v1.2 PUBLIC RELEASE!!!

Post by altoiddealer Tue 7 Feb 2017 - 14:49

Is the second quest worth playing?

Just wondering if anything is actually different... I'm heading up to the Sky Isles now with 2 pendants, and have not noticed anything different at all as of yet.

Thanks!

altoiddealer
Leever
Leever

Since : 2015-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Dozer Tue 7 Feb 2017 - 15:05

Yeah, I was taking note of it as well. I thought that at least the difficulty would rise up, but that was not the case...

Zero Dozer
Leever
Leever

Since : 2017-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Tue 7 Feb 2017 - 15:05

Literally the only difference is that when you go to enter Farore's Isle, it takes you to a different cave instead containing the fire and ice rods. This changes the way that you approach the Icy World dungeons, because many of them are unbeatable without the hookshot, but the dungeons themselves are unchanged. Also, because you can't collect all of the crystals, Ganon becomes much more difficult, requiring ~80 silver arrows to kill. That's basically it.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Since : 2014-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by altoiddealer Tue 7 Feb 2017 - 15:23

qwertymodo wrote:Literally the only difference is that when you go to enter Farore's Isle, it takes you to a different cave instead containing the fire and ice rods.  This changes the way that you approach the Icy World dungeons, because many of them are unbeatable without the hookshot, but the dungeons themselves are unchanged.  Also, because you can't collect all of the crystals, Ganon becomes much more difficult, requiring ~80 silver arrows to kill.  That's basically it.

Thank you for clarifying!

In that case, I think I'll instead proceed to the next hack I have queued up Very Happy

Aside from the bug in Darunia's (corrected with the hotfix patch), I very much enjoyed v1.2

It sounds like you are working to make the cane of Byrnia accessible in the Dark World... which would be a huge improvement.  Alternatively, I recommend you set a better clue for the forest maze - in the LW.  Perhaps someone also suggests checking out that hollowed tree in the forest?

altoiddealer
Leever
Leever

Since : 2015-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Mon 27 Feb 2017 - 15:25

@qwerty
I found out that in the Master sword (Pyramid) area there is heavy rain music in the background. Probably because the same area (ie area 80= under additional areas) is also where King zora lives. Seems logical to turn off this sound though: this can be done at 10C05F (change 12 to 52), where your additional code is at. This also happened since you swapped the event priority (so that beating Agahnim is first, then pulling Master sword).

The other problem I found is at the Ice world lake. I believe this was already found and talked about: the overlay has snow but the snow does not move. This was caused by your "master sword asm" which is otherwise great, since when you pull it, all snow and lava overlays are gone (which is ok), but it was probably in a conflict withe overlay being gone at the lake when you open the entrance with Ether and then go out. Because of the master sword the overlay should not disappear, but remain, so that the Ether only makes it go away temporarily until you reenter this area (ie exit the dungeon).

I know this is possible, since in Gates of Time I have it so, that when you pull the master sword the fog is gone, but when you reenter the fog reappears (seems logical, since it has disappard only temporarily then returned.) Hopefully the same can be done here, when you use Ether on the entrance.

I believe you already have this on the list for 1.3.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Parallel Worlds v1.2 PUBLIC RELEASE!!! - Page 9 Image213

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Mon 27 Feb 2017 - 15:37

Yeah, it's on the list. Do you happen to know how to reliably trigger the glitch so I can debug it? I've had it happen a few times, but it's been awhile and I can't seem to remember how to get it to happen reliably.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Mon 27 Feb 2017 - 18:18

qwertymodo wrote:Yeah, it's on the list.  Do you happen to know how to reliably trigger the glitch so I can debug it?  I've had it happen a few times, but it's been awhile and I can't seem to remember how to get it to happen reliably.
That's easy to answer. The thing causing this is the Ether medallion and its use on the simbol. Once you do that the game apparently loads some code to deactivate the storm. This is ok, since now the storm is gone. However the same code (or some other connected code) is also telling the game what to do after you come back to this area by any means: either enter a cave and exit the cave, enter another area and back in again.

Similar to the dungeon entrance: when you "reload" the area, the game needs to know to now have the lake entrance opened, and it should also know to not display the snow overlay (original game). I believe you goal is to display the overlay again.

So to make the bug: use ether to open the entrance, enter and exit again. Then the game should laod the code: "what to do after". And this is where the bug is.

In original game it is like so: "if after" then "no overlay", in your version it should be "if after" then "still make overlay"... since I've seem your master sword code, which is "if master sword" then "no overlay" in multiple areas.

No idea what is happening currently: "if before" all seems fine here, "if during" forgot what pw1.2 is actually doing, as I remember the overlay is gone here (so this is ok). But "if after" then it loads the dark overlay and snow, but not the snow animation (since the snow is not moving).

I would say your goal would be to find this code and turn the "animation back on".
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Parallel Worlds v1.2 PUBLIC RELEASE!!! - Page 9 Image213

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by ABOhiccups Mon 9 Sep 2019 - 15:16

I click on the link to download Music Pack. I get a message saying.

Something appears to be missing…
ABOhiccups
ABOhiccups
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Since : 2019-08-22

http://abohiccups.crypto

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Mon 9 Sep 2019 - 16:50

Sorry about that. I've fixed the link, try it now.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by ABOhiccups Mon 9 Sep 2019 - 17:10

Yay!!! It works!!! Very Happy
ABOhiccups
ABOhiccups
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Since : 2019-08-22

http://abohiccups.crypto

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9