Parallel Worlds v1.2 PUBLIC RELEASE!!!

Zeldix :: General :: News

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Parallel Worlds v1.2 PUBLIC RELEASE!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Parallel Worlds v1.2 PUBLIC RELEASE!!!

Post by RedScorpion Mon 2 Jan 2017 - 3:23

Good morning and happy new year! Wink

Back from holidays and saw your release! Congratulations! The new version is awesome. I think about the option to update the german zelda pw version too... So i have some questions about your new version: Hope you can help.

1. MSU-1 is only a option? Will the game also work on real hardware?
2. Is there a way to create a ips patch with only the changes from version 1.1 to current version to apply to the german version?
3. I hope haven't to create the german translation from scratch!
4. Did you change complete dialogs regarding the story?

Thanks in advance

red
RedScorpion
RedScorpion

Parallel Worlds v1.2 PUBLIC RELEASE!!! - Page 4 Image111

Since : 2013-04-28

http://www.snes-projects.de

Back to top Go down

Parallel Worlds v1.2 PUBLIC RELEASE!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Parallel Worlds v1.2 PUBLIC RELEASE!!!

Post by Erockbrox Mon 2 Jan 2017 - 4:23

The game will work no matter what platform you are on. If the game can be played on a device that supports msu1 (sd2snes, bsnes) then the CD audio will play. If played on a system without such enhancements then it will default to the regular alltp music.
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Parallel Worlds v1.2 PUBLIC RELEASE!!! - Page 4 Image211

Since : 2013-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Mon 2 Jan 2017 - 6:31

Yes. It should work everywhere. If no MSU-1 files are found, the regular sound is playing. But note, the Fastrom feature was not tested on real hardware (needs testing, but should work).

2. Is there a way to create a ips patch with only the changes from version 1.1 to current version to apply to the german version?
This should work. If you have english 1.1 and compare to english 1.2, the Ips should then list all the changes. Not sure where the differences are in code between 1.1 english and 1.1 german. If you only changed gfx and text, this ips should be compatible with german 1.1. This needs testing. Or you get linked to the actual files, which are (for instance) needed to implement all this to the Remodel, and thus can also be implemented to german PW and PR.

3. I hope haven't to create the german translation from scratch!
I hope too.

4. Did you change complete dialogs regarding the story?
I believe the story is unchanged. Most changes are ASM based.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Parallel Worlds v1.2 PUBLIC RELEASE!!! - Page 4 Image213

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Mon 2 Jan 2017 - 11:21

@RedScorpion: I'll send you the actual .asm files, same as I'll be doing for Remodel. There ARE text changes, but you can comment them out. Also, yes msu is optional, and you can run it on real hardware (it includes the title screen fix as well).

The only text changes I made were typo fixes, so you shouldn't need to change anything, except the message warning you not to collect the mushroom if you have the magic powder, because that's no longer an issue, so I removed the warning (and left the rest of the message).
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Parallel Worlds v1.2 PUBLIC RELEASE!!! - Page 4 Image212

Since : 2014-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Mon 2 Jan 2017 - 17:50

Zanak wrote:

Just found this, congrats you guys made number 1 Smile.

I just did an interview for this week's RetroRGB podcast too, so that was cool Very Happy Should be up this Wednesday.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by RedScorpion Tue 3 Jan 2017 - 5:20

qwertymodo wrote:@RedScorpion: I'll send you the actual .asm files, same as I'll be doing for Remodel. There ARE text changes, but you can comment them out. Also, yes msu is optional, and you can run it on real hardware (it includes the title screen fix as well).

The only text changes I made were typo fixes, so you shouldn't need to change anything, except the message warning you not to collect the mushroom if you have the magic powder, because that's no longer an issue, so I removed the warning (and left the rest of the message).

Sound great!

Thanks.

red
RedScorpion
RedScorpion

Parallel Worlds v1.2 PUBLIC RELEASE!!! - Page 4 Image111

Since : 2013-04-28

http://www.snes-projects.de

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Tue 3 Jan 2017 - 6:00

Just have to ask. does the update at romhacking replace the original parallel worlds file or are both the old and new included. my winzip had expired so i couldnt check.
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Tue 3 Jan 2017 - 9:49

Just have to ask. does the update at romhacking replace the original parallel worlds file or are both the old and new included.
It is just the 1.2 version and in bps patch format (1.1 was ips).

My winzip had expired so i couldnt check.
That sounds very uninventive. The package for PW 1.2 is in 7z (1.1 was zip). This program is freeware and it can also unzip the zip files.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Tue 3 Jan 2017 - 13:51

If it's annoying to people, I can switch back to .zip when I finish the bugfixing.  bps is staying though, it provides a 50% size decrease and source ROM checksum verification (no more headered vs unheadered confusion).
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Tue 3 Jan 2017 - 13:57

I think it is not neccesary, as there should be no problem in unzipping either zip/rar/7z, nor is there any big difference in patching the ips/ups/bps/xdelta, aside the fact that ips has no checksum validation.

Anything is better than ips if you ask me. It is a question how the general public will view this though.

It also seems that now PW patch needs the unheadered rom, this might confuse users, since all these years PW needed a headered rom, but like said this also is not a problem at all. They should just accept these minor changes, it is an update nevertheless.

Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Tue 3 Jan 2017 - 14:09

I updated the README to indicate that an unheadered ROM was required, so that shouldn't be an issue. As for bps vs ips, I've never had a single complaint about DX being released as bps, so I don't expect any issues here either. Snes9x even supports bps hotpatching at runtime, so people who use that feature won't have any issue.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Tue 3 Jan 2017 - 18:35

Starting a TODO list for 1.3:

Code:
*Glitched overworld tiles (result of the church OW fix, need to pick different tiles)
*Lake Ruins snow/thunder overlay seems to break after beating the dungeon
*Make King Helmasaur vulnerable to attack class 1 (maybe not, that might include the
   Cane of Byrna field, which we wouldn't want)
*Broken OW tile detection (infinite dig tile, icy tile)
*Jumping skull shadow sprite is glitchy
*Ending sequence incorrect sprite palettes (torches/chests)
*Ending credits typo "SLIENT TOWER OF THE SKIES"

*Remove some boss respawn tags
   -Din's Catacombs Lanmolas

Last edited by qwertymodo on Wed 11 Jan 2017 - 16:20; edited 2 times in total
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Tue 3 Jan 2017 - 21:36

Well, some good news. I figured out the proper way of using the "get Link's current coordinates" subroutine in conjunction with the "get object attributes at coordinate" subroutine so the Pegasus Boots are working correctly on the overworld icy tiles... yay...
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Tue 3 Jan 2017 - 22:03

i forgot about 7zip. when i tried to use the file winzip popped up as default program.

Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Wed 4 Jan 2017 - 6:28

Lake Ruins snow/thunder overlay seems to break after beating the dungeon
That's not a bug, but a feature. You know, you beaten the evil of the swamp and not the "evil" storm is gone. Was so in the original as well. I would say you don't have to fix this, but it is your choice of course.

Glitched overworld tiles (result of the church OW fix, need to pick different tiles)
You can also choose my solution, as in my case only the 16x16 tiles were affected and no 32x32 tiles. The 16x16 should be unique tiles just for the church passage.

i forgot about 7zip. when i tried to use the file winzip popped up as default program.
If you don't have 7z installed, zip or rar will associate with this type of file.

Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Wed 4 Jan 2017 - 17:27

Re: Lake Ruins, it might just be the save file but it was legitimately broken, the snow overlay was still displayed, but not moving. The correct behavior would have been for the overlay to be gone entirely, but now that I've repurposed that effect, it shouldn't disappear at all until you get the Master Sword. I need to test it more.

The overworld tiles, I didn't understand how the graphics were loaded, so I used tiles that looked unused, but they were only unused in that area. Now, I understand how it works better, so I'm able to properly test it with data breakpoints to really verify that I get it right this time. I only need 4 map32 tiles, so I'm pretty confident that I can find enough to get it.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Sat 7 Jan 2017 - 19:00

I think I also managed to fix the infinite dig tile glitch. Still no idea *why* it's happening, but the bug is definitely with a specific map16 tile. If I duplicate the same map8 tile arrangement into a different map16 tile, that tile doesn't have the same bug. I've found a handful of map16 tiles that I believe to be unused, and I'm going to confirm it with data breakpoints to avoid causing the same issue I did with the church blockade and the sky isles, and then swap out the buggy map16 tile in all map32 tiles that use it (thankfully I think only 3 of them do... yay for the search function in HM).
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Sat 7 Jan 2017 - 19:29

The skull sprite is weird.  There's actually an extra sprite "attached" to the bottom of the main sprite, so there's the skull, the shadow, and then this:

Parallel Worlds v1.2 PUBLIC RELEASE!!! - Page 4 SIWAHpFl
(click to zoom)

You can see the additional sprite is actually a completely separate sprite on the far right column, 3rd and 4th rows, but it acts like it's part of the skull sprite, or is "stuck" to the bottom of it, the end result looks like a glitchy shadow.  Any ideas? Ohmygod

I've confirmed it with the original v1.1 ROM as well, so it's not my doing.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by SunGodPortal Sat 7 Jan 2017 - 19:43

Could it be something related to how some of the rocks come alive and chase you? Like, something that is there but is only turned on when it is set to be an "alive rock" rather than just a rock.
SunGodPortal
SunGodPortal

Since : 2015-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Sat 7 Jan 2017 - 20:32

Well, I guess I didn't really specify, but it *is* the rocks that come alive and chase you that have this bug. The normal rocks don't.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Mon 9 Jan 2017 - 2:22

It really doesn't fit here, but I couldn't find any Conker thread viewable for the public somehow and it's not worth to make a complete new topic - so sorry to spam your topic qwerty. Wink

So it is just a thrown in message as people expected a Conker 1.1 release together with your PW 1.2 release at the 10 years anniversary. I asked SePH and due to celebration he didn't manage to hold that day. He posted 5 ridiculous easy points left to implement, but ain't in the mood to do that right now. So the release will be shifted for some time.

Just alike all the others here, I hope we won't have to wait for too long  Very Happy
Conn
Conn

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Mon 9 Jan 2017 - 2:28

Thanks, Conn. I know the question came up when I did my interview for the RetroRGB podcast last week, so I know people were wondering about that, and it's good to have some kind of update on the matter.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by SunGodPortal Mon 9 Jan 2017 - 2:29

Conn wrote:It really doesn't fit here, but I couldn't find any Conker thread viewable for the public somehow and it's not worth to make a complete new topic - so sorry to spam your topic qwerty.  Wink

So it is just a thrown in message as people expected a Conker 1.1 release together with your PW 1.2 release at the 10 years anniversary. I asked SePH and due to celebration he didn't manage to hold that day. He posted 5 ridiculous easy points left to implement, but ain't in the mood to do that right now. So the release will be shifted for some time.

Just alike all the others here, I hope we won't have to wait for too long  Very Happy

That's okay. The world waited for what, 10 years for Conker's High Rule Tail? We can wait a little while longer for an update.Take your time Seph.
Very Happy
SunGodPortal
SunGodPortal

Since : 2015-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Tue 10 Jan 2017 - 17:36

Aha, that issue with the skull is actually the "chin" and is supposed to be there... looks like they overwrote the graphics with something else, which is why it's glitched in PW. Not sure if I can/will fix that...

Parallel Worlds v1.2 PUBLIC RELEASE!!! - Page 4 AG7Ch4r
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Thu 12 Jan 2017 - 7:10

Guess I am getting off-topic again Embarassed

I just came along watching your interview with Bob, nice catch. It's a bit unfortunate only that your voice is hard to understand.

Anyways, watching the video, I came along to want to list and ask about the current progresses and where we are at development. You seem to start each week a new project, while I try to get rid of my obligations Very Happy

- Conker 1.1 (small adjustments)
- Parallel Worlds 1.21 (small bug fixes)
- Parallel RM...?
- Zeldix Magic
- MSU1 adjustments (are you still on them)

... did I forget some projects where you are involved somehow?
Conn
Conn

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next