Alpha 1 CPS2 Arcade & Arranged Character Remixes Pack (by Relikk):
Code:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ahue7izQZmouge1ZpXL6Maat4U40Bg

Original SPC Soundtrack Pack (by Relikk):
Code:
https://mega.nz/#!Mjg10aAR!ZO6of_Yf32VUlJ_MKom58nNIiVwwIwatrVhgGZfNEyo

Alpha 3 Pack (by Cyber_Yagami):
Code:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/pdpgkschbo45k7l/Street_Fighter_Alpha_2_%28SFA3%29_MSU-1.7z/file

- Track Map -

Code:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16XaHd5GuETa66E4uoH-AdMzdcaTVdIV9_SXnM-RA4EI

- Changelog -

Code:
20221021:
---------
- Fixed a bug with MSU data file

20221013:
---------
- Fixed a bug where the game would freeze after the announcer says "FIGHT!" when facing Zangief as an opponent

20220902:
---------
- Now both "Z" sequences have all frames

20210621:
---------
- Fixed black screen crash after some fights
- Added Shin Akuma ranking portrait
- Added Shin Akuma lose portrait at continue/game over screen

20210620:
---------
- Implemented optimisations from Min
- Simplified Shin Akuma selection code (removed the P2 "L,X,Y + Start" check at title screen)

20210614:
---------
- Fixed Raging Demon while "Round X"
- Charlie Nash stage plane physics (code taken from arcade)
- Vs. screen fade mimics arcade
- Fixed hang on double KO

20210507:
---------
- Sound glitch before announcer says "Round 1" fixed
- When Sagat throws Dan's father, now Dan's father has gravity instead of going all the way up

20210425:
---------
- KO circle more frames
- Z phase 2 more frames
- All data from moveset, hitboxes and AI are transferred uncompressed to MSU file
for faster loading before Z phase 2
- Very good speed tweaks, 13 vlines at double frames
- Stop walking at KO (based on arcade rules)
- Shadow palette before intro taunt, not during "fight"
- RNG code taken from arcade

20210404:
---------
- Fixed win pose sound

20210328:
---------
- Sodom stage Japan artwork (Guy and Birdie are bigger and doesn't fit)
- Before stage select green scrolling bg doesn't stop
- Reorder KO sequence.
- One frame shine at "Fight!"
- Enable score counting sound - Key skips (end of) score counting
- Enable Guy intro barrel sound
- Stars: Doesn't blink. - Tweak code to be faster and more smooth
- SPC tweak a bit faster load
- Gen stage splash sound only at water
- Winner screen, 60fps + xy moving sprite
- Put a small tweak to run in PAL @4 seconds: PAL speed turbo 1 (280 frames) almost matching US turbo 1 speed (285 frames). Tested it at SD2SNES (PAL), it's running smoother. More CPU time cause of 50fps

20210308:
---------
- Some more speed tweaks
- Super KO SFX enabled
- Many crash bug fixes
- Sodom name restored stats screen after fight
- Charlie name kept (instead of Nash), since US arcade uses Charlie
- 13 frames faster transition from z to stage
- Intro, Dan faster transition to Australia. Rocks stays
- Faster decompressor (move sets, before battle)
- Akuma Shun-goku-satsu KO animation speed and extended "frames"
- Fixed Dan's fathers frame
- Fixed Shin Akuma buggy frame (neutral jump lp) (Shin akuma wasn't meant to be playable, he has a chain combo while the arcade doesn't)
- More arcade accurate speed
- Music fade out after score counting
- Ryu vs. Sagat (CPU): Sagat starts closer and jumps backwards like arcade
- Akuma teleport second SFX (roar) enabled
- Akuma winning pose reorder (select+button)

20210202:
---------
- Many speed tweaks. Without SA-1
- Restore Nash/Sodom names (except after fight stats)
- Small changes, taken from arcade (like slomo duration after KO)

20210123:
---------
- Faster audio load, upload 2 bytes at the time instead of 1
- Tweaked audio engine for faster start of loading
- Disable some waste sample loads
- Title screen instant move selection after first start
- KO doesn't mute common sounds (punch etc)
- Timing changes in KO
- Super shine (background) length and frame rate like arcade
gizaha

Street Fighter Alpha 2 - Page 7 Image111

Since : 2015-05-13

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Street Fighter Alpha 2 :: Comments

OguzhanKuyubasi

Post Sun 25 Apr 2021 - 9:45 by OguzhanKuyubasi

I found also out when you play on the Arcade Mode against another Player and one of them Wins and when the Screen gets black the freezes in that point.

gizaha wrote:You patched stock roms, right? Not the already patched ones.
Yes, I patched the stock American ROM.

And if someone ask I using Snes9x 1.60.

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 25 Apr 2021 - 10:13 by gizaha

Solved bugs. Give me some time i'm busy now.

Back to top Go down

OguzhanKuyubasi

Post Sun 25 Apr 2021 - 10:19 by OguzhanKuyubasi

I noticed that CPU Sagat don't attack me and only walking.

gizaha wrote:Solved bugs. Give me some time i'm busy now.
Okay.

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 25 Apr 2021 - 13:49 by VVV18

Hey guys ...

Here are some combos I made for SNES 'SFA2 / SFZ2 but,
this is many years ago (2011/2012) ok, using (original rom)
without modifications (ZSNES-V1.51-761 emulator)
"I hope someone can make combos of the Gizaha version" because, I walk a little out of time, I would love to do them but, and working day and night around here, that's it, I hope you like it !!!
(that serves as a comparison between one and the other, thanks)

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLTtwShZkfi7_eZ0EGUxqQ9eXOmLtYqC1t

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 25 Apr 2021 - 15:25 by gizaha

Put a cheap workaround, for the known sd2snes bug
(i left message from May 23 2020 but they didn't bother to fix it)
In case my workaround didn't work, it will break player ai/moveset/hitbox data. If you find someghing similar tell me, to disable msu data.

Fixed the arcade style RNG code. In case it dind't work, you will notice hang infight or strange AI behaviour. Inform me and i will revert to stock RNG code.

For the audio glitch during "round x" i temporary left it, as it's harder than i thought.

Fixed the "death by cpu" hang.

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 25 Apr 2021 - 15:27 by gizaha

VVV18 wrote:Hey guys ...
Here are some combos I made for SNES 'SFA2

Then as a combo veteran, how do you find the tweaks? Does indeed feel like the arcade?

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 25 Apr 2021 - 19:15 by VVV18

gizaha wrote:
VVV18 wrote:Hey guys ...
Here are some combos I made for SNES 'SFA2

Then as a combo veteran, how do you find the tweaks? Does indeed feel like the arcade?

Hello Gizaha ...

Thank you very much for the veteran, lol, I still have a lot to learn;
I used was the emulator (zsnesw151-761)
I didn’t use Arcade because, I find it very fast and, I have a lot of difficulty to execute these same combos
(I hope I understood your question) but, someone help me;
SFA2 / SFZ2 was one of the fighting games that I played the most in life,
as well as Weapon Lord, UMK3, MK3, MK2, Killer Instinct, etc, etc. and such, all on SNES and, to learn their combos, I spent hours and hours trying the combinations, so I made these combos ...
(follows a link with some drafts of the Weapon Lord)
so you will understand my process, everything in the pen, lol ...

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1XR0I2UiHu6u-ygG_saoclaMdvLq0wlYk?usp=sharing

Back to top Go down

OguzhanKuyubasi

Post Wed 28 Apr 2021 - 16:51 by OguzhanKuyubasi

Now it's working fine. Great job Gizaha.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 5 May 2021 - 15:22 by WWammy

I was playing with Shin Akuma and I'm not sure if it's supposed to do this but when I was playing well I had a new challenger but instead of Ryu it was Shin Akuma that challenged me.

Also the game froze on M.Bison.

Using an SD2SNES cart

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 5 May 2021 - 16:14 by gizaha

WWammy wrote:I was playing with Shin Akuma and I'm not sure if it's supposed to do this but when I was playing well I had a new challenger but instead of Ryu it was Shin Akuma that challenged me.
I know, and the dialogue is also wrong.
Are you sure he suppose to mid-fight Ryu? I test arcade version for a while but i give up.
I'm not sure if shin akuma have mid-fight.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 5 May 2021 - 16:27 by WWammy

gizaha wrote:
WWammy wrote:I was playing with Shin Akuma and I'm not sure if it's supposed to do this but when I was playing well I had a new challenger but instead of Ryu it was Shin Akuma that challenged me.
I know, and the dialogue is also wrong.
Are you sure he suppose to mid-fight Ryu? I test arcade version for a while but i give up.
I'm not sure if shin akuma have mid-fight.

I'll test on the original rom but at least on the Saturn version he always did fight Ryu same as standard Akuma does.

I'll test the Arcade version too but I'm pretty sure you can't use Shin Akuma on Arcade version?

=== Update ===

Yes in the SNES version Shin Akuma does indeed fight Shin Akuma when a new challenger comes and the dialog is also unique to the SNES version.

=== Update 2 ===
Shin Akuma is not playable in the Arcade versions of Street Fighter Alpha 2 or Street Fighter Zero 2 Alpha without some kind of cheat that Mame has.

The codes that were said to work only work on the console versions

=== Update 3 ===
Played Street Fighter Alpha 2 and Zero 2 Alpha with Mame and enabled Shin Akuma cheat and both had Ryu as the new challenger

So it seems the SNES version is unique
Attachments
Street Fighter Alpha 2 - Page 7 Attachment
Screenshot_2021-05-05 Street Fighter Zero 2 Alpha - FAQ - Arcade Games - By Slateman - GameFAQs.png You don't have permission to download attachments.(7 Kb) Downloaded 11 times

Last edited by WWammy on Wed 5 May 2021 - 18:49; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Update)

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 6 May 2021 - 15:42 by godonnar

Hello first of all, thank you for the excellent work you have done, I think you are doing the alpha 2 in a dream, I have a question: I want to import this game to my SNES mini, with all the improvements except the music with tracks because it does that altogether weighs 400 Mb, is it possible to have a patch with all the improvements but that does not require the use of external audio tracks?

Thanks in advance!

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 6 May 2021 - 15:54 by gizaha

godonnar wrote:is it possible to have a patch with all the improvements but that does not require the use of external audio tracks?
With all improvements no.
With some improvements yes, but i'm not gonna do it.

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 6 May 2021 - 16:31 by godonnar

gizaha wrote:
godonnar wrote:is it possible to have a patch with all the improvements but that does not require the use of external audio tracks?
With all improvements no.
With some improvements yes, but i'm not gonna do it.

Confused Ohmygod Thanks! Razz (Conn)

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 6 May 2021 - 16:48 by gizaha

godonnar wrote:I want to import this game to my SNES mini, with all the improvements except the music with tracks because it does that altogether weighs 400 Mb
So what?

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 6 May 2021 - 23:11 by VVV18

gizaha wrote:
godonnar wrote:I want to import this game to my SNES mini, with all the improvements except the music with tracks because it does that altogether weighs 400 Mb
So what?

I understood why he wanted the rom without (MSU1 / PCM's) the Snes Classic Edition doesn't have this space available (400MG), more or less! Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Polargames

Post Thu 6 May 2021 - 23:20 by Polargames

VVV18 wrote:
gizaha wrote:
So what?

I understood why he wanted the rom without (MSU1 / PCM's) the Snes Classic Edition doesn't have this space available (400MG), more or less! Crying or Very sad

Yes, while that is true, you can use a usb flash drive and a OTG cable to run the game from that. I have that on my PSC and it does great with it. MUS-1 games play great and this one is outstanding. So I would suggest doing that because gizaha puts a lot of work into this hack and is nice enought to share the source codes with the patch.so lets not create any unnecessary work when their is a lot on the plate for gizaha. :-)

@gizaha, I wanted to let you know that your arcade code you put in the game plays flawlessly on my PSC useing a modded core set. Everything is smooth as silk. Great Job with all you have done and thanks also. :-)

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 7 May 2021 - 2:45 by godonnar

I want to thank Gizaha for the work he is doing por SFA2  Very Happy  and I want to contribute something for those who want the rom without loading time  with SPC sound Razz (Conn) , after reviewing the source code created by Gizaha and as he explained, I had to remove some improvements Crying or Very sad , but finally I managed to compile a version as I wanted, perfect to play on my SNES Mini, here is the link to the patch for thouse to test Razz .

Smile-->Link:
https://mega.nz/file/biIzFS6A#Di4Dt2PCxDvVyU71zwRXWmmy6i_7YyhtdsSV7hael9I

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 7 May 2021 - 11:39 by gizaha

For snes mini, i was confuzed with super nt that takes SD card.

@godonnar
The source codes are very obsolete and has bugs, i've put many hacks since then.
I don't load stage musical samples, since it plays music from msu. The space i earn, i use it to put super KO sound and fit "round x fight", in order to remove the loads. Did you try Chun li vs Chun li? Did you monitor how high in (spc)ram went the loaded sample data? ($8a wram)
Did they overwrite $fa00 (spc)?
Did you check for other conflicts or side effects?
Did you check which musical samples i overwrite with other data? It might cause scratch noise sound or crash spc load. If you turn off this overwrite, what other problems will rise?

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 7 May 2021 - 11:51 by gizaha

Tiny changes that bugged me.
Scratch noise at "round 1" fixed (i hope).
When Sagat throws Dan's father, now Dan's father has gravity instead of going all the way up.

Patch moved to the first post - Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 7 May 2021 - 21:33 by godonnar

gizaha wrote:For snes mini, i was confuzed with super nt that takes SD card.

@godonnar
The source codes are very obsolete and has bugs, i've put many hacks since then.
I don't load stage musical samples, since it plays music from msu. The space i earn, i use it to put super KO sound and fit "round x fight", in order to remove the loads. Did you try Chun li vs Chun li? Did you monitor how high in (spc)ram went the loaded sample data? ($8a wram)
Did they overwrite $fa00 (spc)?
Did you check for other conflicts or side effects?
Did you check which musical samples i overwrite with other data? It might cause scratch noise sound or crash spc load. If you turn off this overwrite, what other problems will rise?
No man! Ohmygod hahaha I barely have a couple of hours to review your source code, it is absurd Confused for you to ask me about those details, wait until I understand a little more and we will talk, I hope that those who want to use the SNES Mini will find the mod I made useful.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 12 May 2021 - 2:23 by rocketblast

Excuse me guys I must be an idiot but I can't get this game to work on my sd2snes (genuine Krikzz model).  I applied the IPS to the SFA2 US rom with the correct CRC and put all the files into one folder on my microsd card, but the game doesn't play.  It shows the intro screen with a little bit of garbled graphics and then when I go to play the game, it only plays the menu select music and the screen is black.  Is this rom hack only for snes9x?
edit: weird. I got a full pre-patched package with pcm files from a link off of youtube and it works correctly. I don't understand why it doesn't work if I patch it myself. very strange.

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Thu 13 May 2021 - 7:07 by Relikk

Make sure you're using the supplied MSU file. There's data contained within it that's necessary for the game. And please try not to obtain patched ROMs from places like YouTube. They're usually out of date or are people trying to profit off of other peoples work.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Thu 13 May 2021 - 7:18 by Conn

I am not involved in this project at all, so I can only give my 5 cents on it:

1- nobody ever complained about SF2-alpha not working on sd2snes (other than on KI where we got dozens of compains - problem there lies on a well known sd2snes bug). I also asked Relikk for testing the latest patch and it works fine on his sd2snes. This indicates that the problem is on your side

2- so, try if your setup works on emulator. I'd guess it won't. If it doesn't, try another stock rom, check that you have no header and that usual stuff.

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 14 May 2021 - 0:18 by rocketblast

I used the ROM with the CRC mentioned in the readme file, and the msu file and all. I'll have to re-check it out. And yeah I agree youtube posted files might be outdated. I thought about that right after I got it.
Anyway over all great work, the game has 0 load times. I played it all the way through one time and beat it. Really neat game for SNES.

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next