Alpha 1 CPS2 Arcade & Arranged Character Remixes Pack (by Relikk):
Code:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ahue7izQZmouge1ZpXL6Maat4U40Bg

Original SPC Soundtrack Pack (by Relikk):
Code:
https://mega.nz/#!Mjg10aAR!ZO6of_Yf32VUlJ_MKom58nNIiVwwIwatrVhgGZfNEyo

Alpha 3 Pack (by Cyber_Yagami):
Code:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/pdpgkschbo45k7l/Street_Fighter_Alpha_2_%28SFA3%29_MSU-1.7z/file

- Track Map -

Code:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16XaHd5GuETa66E4uoH-AdMzdcaTVdIV9_SXnM-RA4EI

- Changelog -

Code:
20221021:
---------
- Fixed a bug with MSU data file

20221013:
---------
- Fixed a bug where the game would freeze after the announcer says "FIGHT!" when facing Zangief as an opponent

20220902:
---------
- Now both "Z" sequences have all frames

20210621:
---------
- Fixed black screen crash after some fights
- Added Shin Akuma ranking portrait
- Added Shin Akuma lose portrait at continue/game over screen

20210620:
---------
- Implemented optimisations from Min
- Simplified Shin Akuma selection code (removed the P2 "L,X,Y + Start" check at title screen)

20210614:
---------
- Fixed Raging Demon while "Round X"
- Charlie Nash stage plane physics (code taken from arcade)
- Vs. screen fade mimics arcade
- Fixed hang on double KO

20210507:
---------
- Sound glitch before announcer says "Round 1" fixed
- When Sagat throws Dan's father, now Dan's father has gravity instead of going all the way up

20210425:
---------
- KO circle more frames
- Z phase 2 more frames
- All data from moveset, hitboxes and AI are transferred uncompressed to MSU file
for faster loading before Z phase 2
- Very good speed tweaks, 13 vlines at double frames
- Stop walking at KO (based on arcade rules)
- Shadow palette before intro taunt, not during "fight"
- RNG code taken from arcade

20210404:
---------
- Fixed win pose sound

20210328:
---------
- Sodom stage Japan artwork (Guy and Birdie are bigger and doesn't fit)
- Before stage select green scrolling bg doesn't stop
- Reorder KO sequence.
- One frame shine at "Fight!"
- Enable score counting sound - Key skips (end of) score counting
- Enable Guy intro barrel sound
- Stars: Doesn't blink. - Tweak code to be faster and more smooth
- SPC tweak a bit faster load
- Gen stage splash sound only at water
- Winner screen, 60fps + xy moving sprite
- Put a small tweak to run in PAL @4 seconds: PAL speed turbo 1 (280 frames) almost matching US turbo 1 speed (285 frames). Tested it at SD2SNES (PAL), it's running smoother. More CPU time cause of 50fps

20210308:
---------
- Some more speed tweaks
- Super KO SFX enabled
- Many crash bug fixes
- Sodom name restored stats screen after fight
- Charlie name kept (instead of Nash), since US arcade uses Charlie
- 13 frames faster transition from z to stage
- Intro, Dan faster transition to Australia. Rocks stays
- Faster decompressor (move sets, before battle)
- Akuma Shun-goku-satsu KO animation speed and extended "frames"
- Fixed Dan's fathers frame
- Fixed Shin Akuma buggy frame (neutral jump lp) (Shin akuma wasn't meant to be playable, he has a chain combo while the arcade doesn't)
- More arcade accurate speed
- Music fade out after score counting
- Ryu vs. Sagat (CPU): Sagat starts closer and jumps backwards like arcade
- Akuma teleport second SFX (roar) enabled
- Akuma winning pose reorder (select+button)

20210202:
---------
- Many speed tweaks. Without SA-1
- Restore Nash/Sodom names (except after fight stats)
- Small changes, taken from arcade (like slomo duration after KO)

20210123:
---------
- Faster audio load, upload 2 bytes at the time instead of 1
- Tweaked audio engine for faster start of loading
- Disable some waste sample loads
- Title screen instant move selection after first start
- KO doesn't mute common sounds (punch etc)
- Timing changes in KO
- Super shine (background) length and frame rate like arcade
gizaha

Street Fighter Alpha 2 - Page 10 Image111

Since : 2015-05-13

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Street Fighter Alpha 2 :: Comments

Post Fri 25 Jun 2021 - 21:34 by niuus

gizaha wrote:Now that i put data in msu file, i can put Japan's uncensored Birdie stage in the future.
Oh! That sounds awesome.

Would you be interested in changing the sweat for blood too, like it was in Zero 2? There is a hack that did this minor change.
Street Fighter Alpha 2 - Page 10 QouwW0RStreet Fighter Alpha 2 - Page 10 LiqbhUkStreet Fighter Alpha 2 - Page 10 FQ8DabC
I tried Rolento's moves and he doesn't seem to draw blood. Ironic, the character being a knife thrower. Confused

gizaha wrote:Me wondering too.
I need to know exact detailed differences for evil Ryu, classic Zangief and Dhlasim.
Not sure if this info is useful for you, but i was reading about it some weeks ago.
https://srk.shib.live/w/Street_Fighter_Alpha_2/Evil_Ryu
A good match against Akuma:

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 26 Jun 2021 - 9:47 by gizaha

Then for evil Ryu no, he has a lot of work.

For red blood i didn't knew that, i'm positive to do changes that Arcade and snes sfz2 have.

One of the things i want to do is the small character portraits near the timer. I don't tolerate the Saturn to have them and snes don't.

Also the Z transition after fight, before battle plan.

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 26 Jun 2021 - 11:59 by gizaha

niuus wrote:Would you be interested in changing the sweat for blood too, like it was in Zero 2?
Arcade US and PAL has white blood. I can do it red, but i prefer arcade restoration, not Japan restoration. That's why i also kept Charlie's name.

niuus wrote:I tried Rolento's moves and he doesn't seem to draw blood. Ironic, the character being a knife thrower. Confused
Arcade didn't draw blood either.

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 26 Jun 2021 - 14:01 by niuus

gizaha wrote:For red blood i didn't knew that, i'm positive to do changes that Arcade and snes sfz2 have.

gizaha wrote:Arcade US and PAL has white blood. I can do it red, but i prefer arcade restoration, not Japan restoration. That's why i also kept Charlie's name.
That's okey. Your patch, your rules, even if you want to put a mustachio on Rose (english meaning: you have creative freedom over your creation, so do as you please). Just thought i would mention it as US tends to get the shaft with censorship on arcade games (i am talking only about the blood in this specific case about the Capcom's 1996 fighting game named Street Fighter Alpha 2), as demonstrated when ported to the snes with the Birdie's stage, Kill You graffitti, etc.  Smile

gizaha wrote:
niuus wrote:I tried Rolento's moves and he doesn't seem to draw blood. Ironic, the character being a knife thrower. Confused
Arcade didn't draw blood either.
In this case my comment wasn't a comparison against any other version, just a funny observation on the programmers logic against not drawing blood when taking a flying knife, but drawing blood when hit with a Jutte, a weapon which doesn't even have cutting edges.

gizaha wrote:
One of the things i want to do is the small character portraits near the timer. I don't tolerate the Saturn to have them and snes don't.

Also the Z transition after fight, before battle plan.
I hope you can pull it off. Awesome work as always.

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 27 Jun 2021 - 5:44 by gizaha

It's not my patch, they are not my rules, it's not my creation.
English meaning: I do not have creative freedom to do whatever i want, there are original rules, licenses and respect.
And next time please don't edit your post. I think that we are men.

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 27 Jun 2021 - 19:34 by niuus

gizaha wrote:It's not my patch, they are not my rules, it's not my creation.
English meaning: I do not have creative freedom to do whatever i want, there are original rules, licenses and respect.
And next time please don't edit your post. I think that we are men.
The post was edited to ADD and not to REMOVE what you have been ignorantly mistranslating, specifying:

- (english meaning: you have creative freedom over your creation, so do as you please).
- (i am talking only about the blood in this specific case about the Capcom's 1996 fighting game named Street Fighter Alpha 2)
- when ported to the snes

This was done in case you come again and keep harassing me and crying over private messages to escalate a sterile problem that started with your poor english reading skills.

English meaning: use better tools than Google Translate. I'd suggest you to stop trying to get into a puny argument, and use that time to improve your foreign language skills.

Last edited by niuus on Sun 27 Jun 2021 - 19:45; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Sun 27 Jun 2021 - 19:44 by Relikk

Enough.

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 27 Jun 2021 - 19:46 by niuus

Relikk wrote:Enough.
I concur.

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 28 Jun 2021 - 11:13 by gizaha

You have right i was wrong.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Mon 28 Jun 2021 - 11:39 by Conn

At all, and sorry gizaha if it goes off-topic.
Some of you already heard the sad news that byuu, the developer of bsnes, higan and the creator of msu-1 passed away. He committed suicide. Sure he probably also suffered a mental disorder, but he also was victim to internet harassment, which possibly was a grain of salt leading to this outcome.

So my urgent appeal to everyone: be nice towards each other. I know that some people are "special" but at the other end of the line, there's always a human with emotion, and you never know where your words lead to Sad

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 18 Jul 2021 - 15:40 by Giuse86

So I have been playing this game on and off for a month and the last patch from June has been running without issues on my FXPro.

The only thing I have trouble with (and this could just be my lack of knowledge for this Easter egg) is getting to see Sagat throw Dan’s father.

How do I trigger this prefight interaction? (For example, to see Sagat’s chest glow red when fighting Ryu, one player has to select Ryu and the other Sagat in VS and select Australia for the stage. On the first round Sagat will place his hand on his chest and his scar will glow red)

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 19 Jul 2021 - 5:53 by BWRainbow

Hello Gizaha, I have been following your hack for a time and it's awesome. Thank you for your hard work!

One question I was wondering... Is there any chance to have a non-MSU1 version?

Thank you!

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 5 Aug 2021 - 19:43 by VVV18

https://youtu.be/sfQscudA-Nc

@Gizaha mentioned above in the Issui video!!!

Language/audio in Portuguese Brazil.

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 13 Aug 2021 - 7:55 by 90s comeback

niuus wrote:I have played and finished the game two times with Ken, one losing a continue, and the second run without losing, thus fighting the extra challengers (Dan and Shin Akuma), and with Ryu. So far, found a minor cosmetic bug only when fighting against Bison, whether on Arcade Mode or Versus. Part of the feet on the 1st player get cut off when the dictator touches the ground at the start of the round:
Street Fighter Alpha 2 - Page 10 28y4KGaStreet Fighter Alpha 2 - Page 10 UIxijV5
Street Fighter Alpha 2 - Page 10 Vg9GLTXStreet Fighter Alpha 2 - Page 10 7U5pbAN
Street Fighter Alpha 2 - Page 10 Vp01gpCStreet Fighter Alpha 2 - Page 10 0TWqgAQStreet Fighter Alpha 2 - Page 10 RPCtUga

When compared against the original ROM, only Zangief and Bison do this, but to a less extent:
Street Fighter Alpha 2 - Page 10 XSfRXmLStreet Fighter Alpha 2 - Page 10 4WXsThoStreet Fighter Alpha 2 - Page 10 DqwW4hVStreet Fighter Alpha 2 - Page 10 D8Sgxrn

bsnes 115

If the Snes can't handle that amount of sprites per line we're in trouble (strangely it only happens in the intro and not in the round itself), don't know how this game was made, but, this is not that different from having 2 T Hawks in SSF2 or the Power Rangers fighting game or Gundam or games like Super Smash TV or Slam Masters or Rendering Ranger. Maybe SFA2 is decompressing or maybe it was not well programmed (maybe small sprites?). The thing is, i don't want people to think that the Snes can't handle big character sprites because it is more than proven that it can. And it wasn't just luck, it just takes good programming and the correct use of its capabilities.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 7 Sep 2021 - 18:06 by jmkdev

If it is just hitting the sprite limit, you could test that with something like an Analog SuperNT, which allows you to adjust the sprite limits.

I can try it this evening.

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 22 Apr 2022 - 13:34 by rocketblast

The latest full version of the patch works perfect on SD2SNES with Ikari's version 1.11.0 Beta 1 firmware. I just thought I would mention that.  I played all the way through and past M.Bison's stage works great.

edit: thanks very much for all of the hard work. This made this game a lot more fun to play and I enjoy it a lot.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Fri 22 Apr 2022 - 15:31 by Conn

That's great news, indeed Very Happy
I'm curious about how the new version beats with killer instinct... Would you mind to give it a shot?
https://www.zeldix.net/t2002-killer-instinct-arcade-mega-patch

I have no sd2snes, but I think the patch still caused troubles at least on the old version

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 3 Aug 2022 - 11:06 by rafadorock4

Hi Guys!

Thank you @Gizaha for the amazing optimization work. And thank you all the team for giving a real life to this title in SNES!!.. I played this latest update for some hours yesterday on real console 1-CHIP with SD2SNES and I found 2 bugs.

1 - When selecting Shin Akuma for P1 to play against the CPU, sometimes the CPU plays against itself and P1 cannot do anything else, just pause / unpause.

2 - When using normal Akuma with red cloth (select with HK), sometimes the second oponent will be Dhalsin. When this happens (it is random) after the Round 1 > Fight the game freezes. MSU1 music continues to play. No more commands are possible, pause also doesn't work.

Again, the game is amazing. Thank you for everything. I hope the problems you guys had in the past are solved and forgotten for now, so that this work can continue forward.

Please, does Gizaha have a Patreon or something? I would like to contribute and donate to him!

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Wed 3 Aug 2022 - 13:02 by Conn

Please, does Gizaha have a Patreon or something? I would like to contribute and donate to him!
That is actually a good idea, and I'm going to support people who do hacking and pcm work, to offer a Patreon donation. Zeldix is profit free from fans for fans, but also qwertymodo needs to pay annually to keep the forum online:
https://www.zeldix.net/t1895-patreon

It's a hobby but eats much free time, so gizaha or anybody else, I can list you on that Patreon site if anybody wants to support your hard work (can be any asm/pcm artist), just let me know.

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 8 Aug 2022 - 18:32 by theonyxphoenix

I am using an FXPak Pro and downloaded and applied the most recent patch. I used it on a US Rom. I was able to apply the .ips patch and also get the music to work when playing. However, the screen goes black after about 45 seconds into the match and then it freezes with a complete black screen. The music continues to play.

Back to top Go down

Polargames

Post Mon 8 Aug 2022 - 22:37 by Polargames

theonyxphoenix wrote:I am using an FXPak Pro and downloaded and applied the most recent patch.  I used it on a US Rom.   I was able to apply the .ips patch and also get the music to work when playing.   However, the screen goes black after about 45 seconds into the match and then it freezes with a complete black screen.  The music continues to play.

Hello theonyxphoenix, My name is Polar.

Is your FXPak on the newest firmware update at all? Is this the only game that has this issue? Have you tried to make a fresh new patch to your game?

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 10 Aug 2022 - 16:30 by theonyxphoenix

Polargames wrote:
theonyxphoenix wrote:I am using an FXPak Pro and downloaded and applied the most recent patch.  I used it on a US Rom.   I was able to apply the .ips patch and also get the music to work when playing.   However, the screen goes black after about 45 seconds into the match and then it freezes with a complete black screen.  The music continues to play.

Hello theonyxphoenix, My name is Polar.

Is your FXPak on the newest firmware update at all? Is this the only game that has this issue? Have you tried to make a fresh new patch to your game?

I am on 1.11.0b1 for the FXPak. I can try to repatch and see if that works.

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Wed 10 Aug 2022 - 18:59 by Relikk

Make sure you're using the MSU file that's included with the patch. It contains data that's necessary for the patch to work correctly.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 10 Aug 2022 - 19:54 by theonyxphoenix

Relikk wrote:Make sure you're using the MSU file that's included with the patch. It contains data that's necessary for the patch to work correctly.

I downloaded the sd2snes file from Page 1 and applied it to a fresh 1.0 downloaded US Rom. I included the sfa2-msu1.msu file from the .zip as well as patched the rom with Lunar IPS to the sfa2-msu1.sfc file. The .sfc and the .msu are included in the same folder as all of the sfa2-msu1-X.pcm files. I can load it up and play through about 3 rounds of battle before it just goes black. Still having the same issue. Sad

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Thu 11 Aug 2022 - 4:49 by Relikk

You're using the one designated as the "sd2snes version"? Try the full version. As far as I'm aware any bugs are pretty obscure and there's even someone above that used the full version, and like myself, have found no major issues.

Again, make sure to use the MSU file included with the patch, and that you're patching a fresh unheadered ROM (CRC-32: 9C59DDFF).

Any further issues could be down to your SD card, your SD2SNES or the SNES itself. ikari has diagnostic firmwares to test for issues with SD2SNES.

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next