Alpha 1 CPS2 Arcade & Arranged Character Remixes Pack (by Relikk):
Code:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ahue7izQZmouge1ZpXL6Maat4U40Bg

Original SPC Soundtrack Pack (by Relikk):
Code:
https://mega.nz/#!Mjg10aAR!ZO6of_Yf32VUlJ_MKom58nNIiVwwIwatrVhgGZfNEyo

Alpha 3 Pack (by Cyber_Yagami):
Code:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/pdpgkschbo45k7l/Street_Fighter_Alpha_2_%28SFA3%29_MSU-1.7z/file

- Track Map -

Code:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16XaHd5GuETa66E4uoH-AdMzdcaTVdIV9_SXnM-RA4EI

- Changelog -

Code:
20221021:
---------
- Fixed a bug with MSU data file

20221013:
---------
- Fixed a bug where the game would freeze after the announcer says "FIGHT!" when facing Zangief as an opponent

20220902:
---------
- Now both "Z" sequences have all frames

20210621:
---------
- Fixed black screen crash after some fights
- Added Shin Akuma ranking portrait
- Added Shin Akuma lose portrait at continue/game over screen

20210620:
---------
- Implemented optimisations from Min
- Simplified Shin Akuma selection code (removed the P2 "L,X,Y + Start" check at title screen)

20210614:
---------
- Fixed Raging Demon while "Round X"
- Charlie Nash stage plane physics (code taken from arcade)
- Vs. screen fade mimics arcade
- Fixed hang on double KO

20210507:
---------
- Sound glitch before announcer says "Round 1" fixed
- When Sagat throws Dan's father, now Dan's father has gravity instead of going all the way up

20210425:
---------
- KO circle more frames
- Z phase 2 more frames
- All data from moveset, hitboxes and AI are transferred uncompressed to MSU file
for faster loading before Z phase 2
- Very good speed tweaks, 13 vlines at double frames
- Stop walking at KO (based on arcade rules)
- Shadow palette before intro taunt, not during "fight"
- RNG code taken from arcade

20210404:
---------
- Fixed win pose sound

20210328:
---------
- Sodom stage Japan artwork (Guy and Birdie are bigger and doesn't fit)
- Before stage select green scrolling bg doesn't stop
- Reorder KO sequence.
- One frame shine at "Fight!"
- Enable score counting sound - Key skips (end of) score counting
- Enable Guy intro barrel sound
- Stars: Doesn't blink. - Tweak code to be faster and more smooth
- SPC tweak a bit faster load
- Gen stage splash sound only at water
- Winner screen, 60fps + xy moving sprite
- Put a small tweak to run in PAL @4 seconds: PAL speed turbo 1 (280 frames) almost matching US turbo 1 speed (285 frames). Tested it at SD2SNES (PAL), it's running smoother. More CPU time cause of 50fps

20210308:
---------
- Some more speed tweaks
- Super KO SFX enabled
- Many crash bug fixes
- Sodom name restored stats screen after fight
- Charlie name kept (instead of Nash), since US arcade uses Charlie
- 13 frames faster transition from z to stage
- Intro, Dan faster transition to Australia. Rocks stays
- Faster decompressor (move sets, before battle)
- Akuma Shun-goku-satsu KO animation speed and extended "frames"
- Fixed Dan's fathers frame
- Fixed Shin Akuma buggy frame (neutral jump lp) (Shin akuma wasn't meant to be playable, he has a chain combo while the arcade doesn't)
- More arcade accurate speed
- Music fade out after score counting
- Ryu vs. Sagat (CPU): Sagat starts closer and jumps backwards like arcade
- Akuma teleport second SFX (roar) enabled
- Akuma winning pose reorder (select+button)

20210202:
---------
- Many speed tweaks. Without SA-1
- Restore Nash/Sodom names (except after fight stats)
- Small changes, taken from arcade (like slomo duration after KO)

20210123:
---------
- Faster audio load, upload 2 bytes at the time instead of 1
- Tweaked audio engine for faster start of loading
- Disable some waste sample loads
- Title screen instant move selection after first start
- KO doesn't mute common sounds (punch etc)
- Timing changes in KO
- Super shine (background) length and frame rate like arcade
gizaha

Street Fighter Alpha 2 - Page 4 Image111

Since : 2015-05-13

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Street Fighter Alpha 2 :: Comments

Cyber_Yagami

Post Mon 1 Mar 2021 - 18:41 by Cyber_Yagami

Many thanks!!

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 8 Mar 2021 - 12:34 by gizaha

2021 03 08
Changelog:
Some more speed tweaks
Super ko sfx enabled.
Many crash bugfixes
Sodom name restored stats screen after fight.
Charlie name kept, since US arcade uses Charlie.
13frames faster transition from z to stage.
Intro, Dan faster transition to Australia. Rocks stays.
Faster decompressor (movesets, before battle)
Akuma Shun-goku-satsu KO animation speed and extended "frames"
Fixed Dan's father frame.
Fixed Shin akuma buggy frame (neutral jump lp)
(Shin akuma didn't mean't to be playable, he have chain combo while at arcade hasn't)
More arcade accurate speed
Music fade out after score counting
Ryu vs Sagat(cpu), Sagat starts closer and jumps backwards like arcade.
Akuma teleport second sfx (roar) enabled
Akuma winning pose reorder (select+button)

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Mon 8 Mar 2021 - 13:14 by Relikk

Extremely minor, but still getting flashes of red background on that demo/intro screen. Same screen with the 4 portraits of Chun, Dictator, Charlie and Rose that I mentioned on the previous page.

This is really, really impressive work.

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 8 Mar 2021 - 13:16 by Eiji

gizaha wrote:2021 03 08
Changelog:

Any reason why the ROM isn't patching in ASAR?

My ROM file CRC is: 9C59DDFF

Street Fighter Alpha 2 - Page 4 Ghh2yWm

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 8 Mar 2021 - 13:47 by Xzarian

I'm having same the issue.  I am trying to apply just the intro timing patch.  I can't use msu-1 as the snes core on MiSTer doesn't support it.

Your patch was just spotlighted on Modern Vintage Gamer .

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 8 Mar 2021 - 15:51 by gizaha

Relikk wrote:Extremely minor, but still getting flashes of red background on that demo/intro screen.
Stock rom does the same.

Xzarian wrote:Any reason why the ROM isn't patching in ASAR?
Long answer:
You can't do it that way, go to main.asm and put ; in the hacks you want to disable, like msu audio. It's complicated to explain and this is not the suitable place.
However i'm not sure if you can do it. You must disable
msu audio.asm
audio tweaks.asm
player samples.asm
I used msu audio, so i disable music samples, in order to fit more in spc. Why you make things hard and complicated?

Short answer:
I don't care. This is the patch, no more help, no more source codes.

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 8 Mar 2021 - 15:55 by niuus

Congrats on the new patch and the MVG feature! Always looking forward to your releases.

Last edited by niuus on Mon 8 Mar 2021 - 15:56; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Mon 8 Mar 2021 - 15:56 by Relikk

gizaha wrote:
Relikk wrote:Extremely minor, but still getting flashes of red background on that demo/intro screen.
Stock rom does the same.

Never seen that on the stock ROM, but I'll take your word for it.

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 8 Mar 2021 - 16:52 by Xzarian

gizaha wrote:
Stock rom does the same.

Long answer:
You can't do it that way, go to main.asm and put ; in the hacks you want to disable, like msu audio. It's complicated to explain and this is not the suitable place.
msu audio.asm
audio tweaks.asm
player samples.asm
I used msu audio, so i disable music samples, in order to fit more in spc. Why you make things hard and complicated?

Short answer:

No need to get upset, dude was just asking a question.

I'll go back to playing the CPS2 version on MiSTer. Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 8 Mar 2021 - 17:36 by WWammy

Superb work that pause in the fights always bugged me and thanks for allowing Shin Akuma Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 8 Mar 2021 - 20:16 by marcellodash

Well, Gizaha the achievements are very important, because they make the experience more exciting with the audio enhancements MSU-1, but I would still like an experience without MSU-1 since I don't like emulators and I don't use SD2SNES, a hack without redirected audios. by msu-1 pointers, it would be nice too, do not be furious or irritated, we are already grateful for your achievements and do not abandon us leave your open codes, or your sources of your wonderful achievements, because whether or not you will one day only have the sd2snes option even for everyone. in the meantime we have fun with several mod's at the moment.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 9 Mar 2021 - 5:06 by niuus

marcellodash wrote:Well, Gizaha the achievements are very important, because they make the experience more exciting with the audio enhancements MSU-1, but I would still like an experience without MSU-1 since I don't like emulators and I don't use SD2SNES, a hack without redirected audios. by msu-1 pointers, it would be nice too, do not be furious or irritated, we are already grateful for your achievements and do not abandon us leave your open codes, or your sources of your wonderful achievements, because whether or not you will one day only have the sd2snes option even for everyone. in the meantime we have fun with several mod's at the moment.
He already said that won't happen. I'd rather enjoy more of his superb work than piss him off insisting on a hack he does not want to make.

There is a pack with the original SPC audio on the first page by Relikk, just use that and enjoy.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 9 Mar 2021 - 12:22 by gizaha

I'm not mad, answer/suggestion was already told, clearly. If you didn't got it, means that you don't have the requirement knowledge, thus i cannot conversate at techical stuff with someone that don't knows. Learn to respect something complicated that you don't know it's depth.
For the same reason someone will not conversate with me cause of my bad English.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 9 Mar 2021 - 16:23 by fraggle200

gizaha wrote:
Long answer:
msu audio.asm
audio tweaks.asm
player samples.asm

Short answer:

This makes sense. I've got zero knowledge of how ASAR works but could see after some trial and error yesterday before the updated version came out that there's some dependencies between some of the patch files. You need to run everything via the main.asm so it creates the push/pull criteria, macros etc. There's also dependencies between some of the tweak files as well it seems. I found that I couldn't remove even just Audio Tweaks from main.asm as it leaves some unresolved references in the Tweaks patch which in turn results in a failure.

So, I'm now like a lot of people who are no doubt finding this amazing work since MVG's vid yesterday, we're stuck in 1 of 2 worlds.
1: where we can apply the patches but say, remove the "msu audio.asm" patch from main.asm and that will give us all the improvements but very little of the audio.
2: we just suck it up and play it how it was up until gizaha started work on this and hope someone can unpick the redirects to the pcm audio throughout the different patches so there's ultimately 2 versions. 1 with MSU and 1 without. I think we're all aware that gizaha won't be doing that, so it would be down to someone else.

My thinking is that there's probably a relatively simple way to comment out the parts where it switches off the spc audio in preparation of using the PCM files, and as mentioned I think that if the "msu audio.asm" patch isn't applied it never looks for the PCM files but the SPC audio is switched off so you end up with nothing. As mentioned I don't have a clue how ASAR works to even begin to be able to do that and I have even less free time to learn. Good luck to whoever has the inclination to take it on.

EDIT: having just tried the update and removing the 3 asm files that gizaha suggested, there's a load of dependencies/references that aren't met. putting "Audio tweaks.asm" back in and leaving out the other 2, does mean it can complete but you're back to where we were in point 1 of my 2 options. No music.

Last edited by fraggle200 on Tue 9 Mar 2021 - 16:32; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : updating quote)

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 9 Mar 2021 - 16:48 by snesfanboi

thanks for the great patch!

the audio absolutely sucks in the original game, i don't mind having it tied to msu-1 at all

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 9 Mar 2021 - 17:04 by gizaha

See how hard it to describe it with a few words? I don't want to analyze so much in here, i didn't gave source codes for compiling, but for reference.

As for what you are trying to do, i don't have problem to help. Refresh my memory, you want to remove msu music and have back the original audio with the lags, right?

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 9 Mar 2021 - 19:15 by FrenchyToasty

I'm trying to use this on my SD2SNES/FXPak

I patched the rom and can play fine but even with the audio packs I still get no sound, my other MSU1 games have a .msu file, I don't have that on this game. Care to help guys!

BTW congrats on the patch man, the fix included in this patch were some I always dreamed about! (the huge lag most of all)

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 9 Mar 2021 - 19:17 by Señor Ventura

I wonder why sometimes the sound effects of punches or kicks are muted. It doesn’t seem like if the music channels has a conflict with the sound effect channels.

Looks like if sometimes simply doesn’t load on time. The game already worked like that originally.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 9 Mar 2021 - 19:34 by snesfanboi

FrenchyToasty wrote:I'm trying to use this on my SD2SNES/FXPak

I patched the rom and can play fine but even with the audio packs I still get no sound, my other MSU1 games have a .msu file, I don't have that on this game. Care to help guys!

BTW congrats on the patch man, the fix included in this patch were some I always dreamed about! (the huge lag most of all)

you need to make your own msu file, just create a notepad file and change the extension to to msu, for this game

i spent way too long on this yesterday lol - but this is how you do it, you need that file even though nothing is in it

sfa2-msu1.msu

it's a blank file with nothing in it but you need it

Last edited by snesfanboi on Tue 9 Mar 2021 - 19:36; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 9 Mar 2021 - 19:35 by snesfanboi

Señor Ventura wrote:I wonder why sometimes the sound effects of punches or kicks are muted. It doesn’t seem like if the music channels has a conflict with the sound effect channels.

Looks like if sometimes simply doesn’t load on time. The game already worked like that originally.

True, noticed this too

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 9 Mar 2021 - 20:13 by FrenchyToasty

snesfanboi wrote:
FrenchyToasty wrote:I'm trying to use this on my SD2SNES/FXPak

you need to make your own msu file, just create a notepad file and change the extension to to msu, for this game

i spent way too long on this yesterday lol - but this is how you do it, you need that file even though nothing is in it

sfa2-msu1.msu

it's a blank file with nothing in it but you need it

I checked my super metroid msu and that's what I had done so I did that, was coming back to update on this. thanks man!

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 9 Mar 2021 - 21:04 by marcellodash

Hello! Good night everybody !! here in Brazil this work was very admired,
Yes, I understand about the references, but I confess that I was very curious about the subject.
I suggested that if you could also leave a snes normal audio patch in sfa2, but if that doesn't work, that's fine.
with all these improvements who knows for a cart-mod.
Another thing and that I have no doubts about the operation of ASAR, I know that it has a patch ips to make things easier but,
then I started to get curious because I didn't want to touch the audio pointers redirecting to msu-1, there could be improvements without being msu-1 "bizarre" Sad
This Asar works in 2 ways in win10, one by clicking on the asar181.exe icon,
Another command prompt as an administrator by "CMD" from the run.
you can check the "main.asm" source patch directory by editing as in a notepad
I hope to be taking questions from a layman like me and there are tutorials on the internet for ASAR.
The work done on this sfa2 hack was very good. I liked to see the shin akuma and the rounds load faster,
Taking advantage of the hook, someone would have an uncompressed rom of sfa2 (Dejap) in size 6mb, an original sfa2 had 4,096kb.
or also the decompression files "GFX" being, "gfx-sfa2sdd-1" that makes the game run on old emulators
or even the SDD-1 decompression program Smile Dextor.exe, Dextor.v1.1.exe from (Dejap).
Well the uncompressed sfa2 disappeared years ago only the Star Ocean exists uncompressed yet, where you don't need the SDD-1 chip to work.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 10 Mar 2021 - 8:35 by fraggle200

gizaha wrote:See how hard it to describe it with a few words? I don't want to analyze so much in here, i didn't gave source codes for compiling, but for reference.

As for what you are trying to do, i don't have problem to help. Refresh my memory, you want to remove msu music and have back the original audio with the lags, right?

gizaha I completely appreciate everything you've done on this and it's amazing. I'm not trying to pick apart all the great work you've done here or even get help with this, I was merely trying to see if there was a way to get the improvements without the MSU audio. Which, in my mind would maintain the rom size of about 4MB, or keep it to a similar size. I had thought that if that was the case then I would try and see if it would run on my snes mini as it's small enough to still fit on the internal memory. (I prefer not to use usb on that, plus I've enough other things that I can play this with MSU audio if I wanted to. I'm just curious about this working on the snes mini.) Very Happy
I get that we could substitute in the spc audio instead of the PCM but that would still result in about 400MB in size for no real benefit. (I'm aware that what I'd like to achieve here is possibly never going to happen, but it seemed worth a shot..... until I realised how much I'd need to learn to be able to do it myself)

To answer your point in what I was wanting to do gizaha, In an ideal world I was hoping to get all the timing improvements but retain the original audio.... which would result in a similar file size to the original rom. I don't know enough about what you've done ( and I'm not ever going to know ) to know if that's even achievable or if all the improvements are directly linked to the implementation of the MSU audio in some way. which would then mean that it doesnt matter what I'd like, it'll never be able to happen and I'm ok with that, if that's how it is.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 10 Mar 2021 - 11:56 by gizaha

Goto to main.asm
Before the first incsrc put a random name label with colon, such as asdf:
Put ; at audio tweaks, msu music, player samples
Ready (with the responsibility of yours that you did not break anything else, i didn't bugcheck this method)
For the rest of the questions either are already answered or questions have logic errors.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 10 Mar 2021 - 12:11 by fraggle200

gizaha wrote:Goto to main.asm
Before the first incsrc put a random name label with colon, such as asdf:
Put ; at audio tweaks, msu music, player samples
Ready (with the responsibility of yours that you did not break anything else, i didn't bugcheck this method)
For the rest of the questions either are already answered or questions have logic errors.

I commented a lot of the first section of lines in Audio Tweaks, lines 51 to 125... not all of them though. I left the ones for Round 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 keys intact. I've now got spc audio. the only thing is that the Capcom sample runs at about 5x normal speed but I'm not sure why that is. Everything else seems OK for the time being but I've not had a chance to properly test it.

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next