Alpha 1 CPS2 Arcade & Arranged Character Remixes Pack (by Relikk):
Code:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ahue7izQZmouge1ZpXL6Maat4U40Bg

Original SPC Soundtrack Pack (by Relikk):
Code:
https://mega.nz/#!Mjg10aAR!ZO6of_Yf32VUlJ_MKom58nNIiVwwIwatrVhgGZfNEyo

Alpha 3 Pack (by Cyber_Yagami):
Code:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/pdpgkschbo45k7l/Street_Fighter_Alpha_2_%28SFA3%29_MSU-1.7z/file

- Track Map -

Code:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16XaHd5GuETa66E4uoH-AdMzdcaTVdIV9_SXnM-RA4EI

- Changelog -

Code:
20221021:
---------
- Fixed a bug with MSU data file

20221013:
---------
- Fixed a bug where the game would freeze after the announcer says "FIGHT!" when facing Zangief as an opponent

20220902:
---------
- Now both "Z" sequences have all frames

20210621:
---------
- Fixed black screen crash after some fights
- Added Shin Akuma ranking portrait
- Added Shin Akuma lose portrait at continue/game over screen

20210620:
---------
- Implemented optimisations from Min
- Simplified Shin Akuma selection code (removed the P2 "L,X,Y + Start" check at title screen)

20210614:
---------
- Fixed Raging Demon while "Round X"
- Charlie Nash stage plane physics (code taken from arcade)
- Vs. screen fade mimics arcade
- Fixed hang on double KO

20210507:
---------
- Sound glitch before announcer says "Round 1" fixed
- When Sagat throws Dan's father, now Dan's father has gravity instead of going all the way up

20210425:
---------
- KO circle more frames
- Z phase 2 more frames
- All data from moveset, hitboxes and AI are transferred uncompressed to MSU file
for faster loading before Z phase 2
- Very good speed tweaks, 13 vlines at double frames
- Stop walking at KO (based on arcade rules)
- Shadow palette before intro taunt, not during "fight"
- RNG code taken from arcade

20210404:
---------
- Fixed win pose sound

20210328:
---------
- Sodom stage Japan artwork (Guy and Birdie are bigger and doesn't fit)
- Before stage select green scrolling bg doesn't stop
- Reorder KO sequence.
- One frame shine at "Fight!"
- Enable score counting sound - Key skips (end of) score counting
- Enable Guy intro barrel sound
- Stars: Doesn't blink. - Tweak code to be faster and more smooth
- SPC tweak a bit faster load
- Gen stage splash sound only at water
- Winner screen, 60fps + xy moving sprite
- Put a small tweak to run in PAL @4 seconds: PAL speed turbo 1 (280 frames) almost matching US turbo 1 speed (285 frames). Tested it at SD2SNES (PAL), it's running smoother. More CPU time cause of 50fps

20210308:
---------
- Some more speed tweaks
- Super KO SFX enabled
- Many crash bug fixes
- Sodom name restored stats screen after fight
- Charlie name kept (instead of Nash), since US arcade uses Charlie
- 13 frames faster transition from z to stage
- Intro, Dan faster transition to Australia. Rocks stays
- Faster decompressor (move sets, before battle)
- Akuma Shun-goku-satsu KO animation speed and extended "frames"
- Fixed Dan's fathers frame
- Fixed Shin Akuma buggy frame (neutral jump lp) (Shin akuma wasn't meant to be playable, he has a chain combo while the arcade doesn't)
- More arcade accurate speed
- Music fade out after score counting
- Ryu vs. Sagat (CPU): Sagat starts closer and jumps backwards like arcade
- Akuma teleport second SFX (roar) enabled
- Akuma winning pose reorder (select+button)

20210202:
---------
- Many speed tweaks. Without SA-1
- Restore Nash/Sodom names (except after fight stats)
- Small changes, taken from arcade (like slomo duration after KO)

20210123:
---------
- Faster audio load, upload 2 bytes at the time instead of 1
- Tweaked audio engine for faster start of loading
- Disable some waste sample loads
- Title screen instant move selection after first start
- KO doesn't mute common sounds (punch etc)
- Timing changes in KO
- Super shine (background) length and frame rate like arcade
gizaha

Street Fighter Alpha 2 - Page 5 Image111

Since : 2015-05-13

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Street Fighter Alpha 2 :: Comments

Post Wed 10 Mar 2021 - 12:17 by gizaha

fraggle200 wrote:
I commented a lot of the first section of lines in Audio Tweaks, lines 51 to 125... not all of them though. I left the ones for Round 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 keys intact. I've now got spc audio. the only thing is that the Capcom sample runs at about 5x normal speed but I'm not sure why that is. Everything else seems OK for the time being but I've not had a chance to properly test it.

My instructions was simple and clear. You did different things.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 10 Mar 2021 - 13:58 by fraggle200

gizaha wrote:
fraggle200 wrote:
I commented a lot of the first section of lines in Audio Tweaks, lines 51 to 125... not all of them though. I left the ones for Round 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 keys intact. I've now got spc audio. the only thing is that the Capcom sample runs at about 5x normal speed but I'm not sure why that is. Everything else seems OK for the time being but I've not had a chance to properly test it.

My instructions was simple and clear. You did different things.

You're correct, I did do different things and the reason was that I had already tried the steps you suggested as this was the 2nd time you had suggested these steps and they had no result as there's dependencies in audio tweaks.asm that's required elsewhere, so it will always fail when trying to compile the asm files into the rom.

The method I've used, gets around this by just telling ASAR to ignore a few lines of code but it still calls Audio tweaks.asm so the dependencies are met.

it's not a very clean way to do it and it's still not 100% correct as the Capcom sample is running too fast but I'm happy enough that it's as close to 100% as I'll be able to get as the into music and stage samples are here. It is also mostly untested from my point of view so this method could create numerous bugs but I won't know that till I get time to test it.

Thank you so much for this. Keep up the amazing work here, this is astounding what you've been able to accomplish.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 10 Mar 2021 - 15:24 by HuberHamsterDrnkVdka

gizaha wrote:Goto to main.asm
Before the first incsrc put a random name label with colon, such as asdf:
Put ; at audio tweaks, msu music, player samples
Ready (with the responsibility of yours that you did not break anything else, i didn't bugcheck this method)
For the rest of the questions either are already answered or questions have logic errors.
Hello gizaha, thanks for your great patch.
I also wanted, if possible, to have just a patch that applies all your great game fixes and revision but without the hassle of the new music.
I tried to follow your instructions, but I allways end with a rom without music.
I post you what I did in the main.sm file

is this correct ?
do I need some other file to run the game with his original snes audio or the patched room is enough?
thank you very much

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 11 Mar 2021 - 6:23 by Señor Ventura

If the transition sequences between combats are skipped, the music doesn’t stops when should sound another, and when finally it ends, then sounds the next song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khiZk-WEu4s

P.D: The problem of the sound of the hits, that sometimes sounds, and sometimes not, still is present.

I don’t see nothing more relevant for now.

@Gizaha Are you planning to add more frame animations to the characters?, Do you need some kind of help to do it?.

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Thu 11 Mar 2021 - 7:03 by Relikk

I noticed an audio glitch that is difficult to replicate, but it has happened to me twice now. On BSNES (I tried to replicate it on Snes9x, but couldn't), there's a glitch which causes a spike just before the announcer says "Round...". Here's a video...

https://mega.nz/file/V7ZhDAIY#s1j61JuXFMeJ8WhPsOy5noHu4KQNsJw0LPyaytrWCUI

The first fight seems to always be normal. It tends to happen from the second fight onward.

The issue with the "select" FX playing after confirming an option on the title screen is still present, but I know you're aware of that.

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 11 Mar 2021 - 12:22 by gizaha

I don't support a Frankenstein patch with some things enabled and some closed. I overwrite some somples like D6 with other data. Read all the codes and fix all the problems.

@Relikk I know for the sound spike, i didn't really try to fix it.
For the title screen select FX bug, it no longer exists for me. Use bsnes debugger and send me a save state.
And remember to always patch a clean rom and NOT to use savestates (because they keep the old spc program, it's uploading only at boot)

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 12 Mar 2021 - 6:35 by Señor Ventura

gizaha wrote:I don't support a Frankenstein patch with some things enabled and some closed. I overwrite some somples like D6 with other data. Read all the codes and fix all the problems.

No more beta testing. Ok.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 17 Mar 2021 - 9:15 by 90s comeback

Your work is great again, is it possible to edit characters sprites in order to look larger on screen?, how about like adding missing frames of animation?. Now the crazy part. is it possible for you to work alongside other hackers (or alone) to make new arcade ports to Snes from scratch in order to make them as arcade perfect as possible?. Perhaps i'm dreaming to much and i really value your work so far and i thank you for it, but i'm kinda sick of seeing small characters on screen. That Gundam game was an eye opener.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 17 Mar 2021 - 11:08 by and_manf

Hello Relikk, I'm new here, I must say that I enjoyed your pack with the original soundtrack from the SNES port, it stays the way I always imagined it should be in 1996, with the music without pause between rounds. Today I keep a hack with the CPS II soundtrack and another with the original, thank you very much for that. Would it be possible to do the same with the Super Street Fighter II soundtrack?

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Wed 17 Mar 2021 - 11:45 by Relikk

and_manf wrote:Would it be possible to do the same with the Super Street Fighter II soundtrack?

Sure. I'd only need to do the stage tracks as the game has SPC fallback for the rest.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 17 Mar 2021 - 12:01 by and_manf

Relikk wrote:
and_manf wrote:Would it be possible to do the same with the Super Street Fighter II soundtrack?

Sure. I'd only need to do the stage tracks as the game has SPC fallback for the rest.

I'll be very thankfull. And I will keep a copy of each, CPS II and original track.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 17 Mar 2021 - 12:20 by gizaha

90s comeback wrote:Your work is great again, is it possible to edit characters sprites in order to look larger on screen?, how about like adding missing frames of animation?. Now the crazy part. is it possible for you to work alongside other hackers (or alone) to make new arcade ports to Snes from scratch in order to make them as arcade perfect as possible?. Perhaps i'm dreaming to much and i really value your work so far and i thank you for it, but i'm kinda sick of seeing small characters on screen. That Gundam game was an eye opener.

Of course i can if i get payed.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 17 Mar 2021 - 15:16 by Señor Ventura

gizaha wrote:Of course i can if i get payed.

Try with patreon, never knows.

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Wed 17 Mar 2021 - 16:00 by Relikk

and_manf wrote:
Relikk wrote:

I'll be very thankfull. And I will keep a copy of each, CPS II and original track.

I've linked to it over in the SSF2 topic to keep it relevant to that thread.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 17 Mar 2021 - 16:17 by and_manf

Relikk wrote:
and_manf wrote:
Relikk wrote:

I've linked to it over in the SSF2 topic to keep it relevant to that thread.

Thank you so much Relikk for this great job. When I get home, I will download, test and disseminate the link to anyone who wants it too.

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 18 Mar 2021 - 9:50 by Bonenanza

@gizaha: would you like to have a look at "unholy night" and see if some of the problems in the game can be fixed?
I can't really pinpoint what the problems are or why they appear.
Obviously the game has issues with running fluently (compared to "fatal fury special" to name a good and similar game by the same publisher).
If it simply is a case of bad programming or if the game simply is stuffed with too much stuff and the system can't handle it.
Maybe you could have a look at it and make an educated guess, even if you don't plan on doing anything.
It would be interesting to hear an opinion on the game why it behaves the way it does
by someone with your deep understanding of (code and) fighting games
If you haven't looked at it yet and have the time
Thx Smile

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 20 Mar 2021 - 1:40 by niuus

Hi gizaha. Is one of your final goals to restore the censored backgrounds which are present in the JAP version, or would that be impossible due to the SDD-1 compression?

Found some examples over at the RH forums:

SODOM is written on the license plate and above it in hiragana.
Street Fighter Alpha 2 - Page 5 ZmqEYJb

"KILL YOU" is a graffiti on the wall.
Street Fighter Alpha 2 - Page 5 WQSXJpc

Background people at the urinals.
Street Fighter Alpha 2 - Page 5 6zEil0W

The stall opens when you use a super move to reveal a person using it.
Street Fighter Alpha 2 - Page 5 RLRJciU

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 20 Mar 2021 - 8:07 by gizaha

niuus wrote:Hi gizaha. Is one of your final goals to restore the censored backgrounds which are present in the JAP version, or would that be impossible due to the SDD-1 compression?
I already did the Sodom background (it will be at the next patch version) but i did not knew about the other three, i thought that Nintendo cencored the word "kill" and the peeing at all regions. Thanks for noticing.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 23 Mar 2021 - 3:30 by xlom

Was playing this on SD2SNES and encountered a freeze after beating Sagat with Rose. I'll record another play through and see if I can make it happen again. I was playing normally and then paused the game at the start of sagat's stage for about 30 seconds, then started playing again. Went to a black screen after beating him with the music still playing. I was able to use the soft reset command to go back to the title. Of note, I did use LunaIPS to patch the game and am playing on the newest patch, patched to a fresh copy of the game.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 23 Mar 2021 - 4:24 by xlom

I repatched the game used the recommended patcher.
Here's a clip of it crashing while fighting chun li. https://clips.twitch.tv/TalentedDeadChipmunkTooSpicy-xTIpuI1YYUed6uIW

Here's one more, https://clips.twitch.tv/SpotlessRockyReubenRuleFive-rWh2UxCiAxODI5Hz

This one stung. I finally had enough perfects to fight shin akuma and the game reset back to the license screen and froze on the second screen. https://clips.twitch.tv/LittleDirtySquirrelKappaClaus-gUkbedmlR9aKyOXO

I did finally get to shin akuma in regular play and he whooped up on me haha. Instant dizzy recovery on him... oof.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 23 Mar 2021 - 12:13 by gizaha

bsnes save state. Said it many times.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 23 Mar 2021 - 17:42 by xlom

I wasn't aware the SD2SNES had BSNES save states. I guess that's my mistake.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Wed 24 Mar 2021 - 1:21 by Conn

Anybody who makes a bug report, please be advised to always  give a brief description containing the system (if it is sd2snes, whether it can be reproduced on emu, and if yes, possibly with a savestate), and what to do to trigger the bug. Since nobody else reported this bug yet, I'd assume it is sd2snes only... Worse, many here also play on sd2snes and didn't encounter it. So there's also the chance that it is your setup somehow since you ran in it frequently (I assume this since you posted some videos).

Anybody else with a sd2snes encountered this?

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 24 Mar 2021 - 12:48 by VVV18

Conn wrote:Anybody who makes a bug report, please be advised to always  give a brief description containing the system (if it is sd2snes, whether it can be reproduced on emu, and if yes, possibly with a savestate), and what to do to trigger the bug. Since nobody else reported this bug yet, I'd assume it is sd2snes only... Worse, many here also play on sd2snes and didn't encounter it. So there's also the chance that it is your setup somehow since you ran in it frequently (I assume this since you posted some videos).

Anybody else with a sd2snes encountered this?

I just finished here with Rose too,
I had no problem (I played on SD2SNES)
I advise turning off all the functions of the SD2SNES / FXPAK PRO for testing, leave it as a normal cartridge, without any of the active functions (in-game hook, reset for menu and etc., leave everything OFF)
note that the patch is in the correct rom,
Street Fighter Alpha 2 (USA) .sfc - CRC32: 9C59DDFF - no header,
after patch: CRC32: 85A4BE94

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 24 Mar 2021 - 12:55 by gizaha

I have sd2snes, so i can check it if needed.
Once again:
Use bsnes, when you found a bug, you can press the rewind key in order to capture it. Then you save state in the best position. I insist at bsnes because you can rewind, otherwise you missed it. Then sent me the save state, i fix it in a minute.

Bsnes because i use bsnes debugger to fix it.

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next